!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/02/2020 9:09 pm  #2181

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Tetranna rolls 16

1/03/2020 4:03 pm  #2182

d20: 11

1/03/2020 8:57 pm  #2183

Kondor senses a cold wave on the air leaking up from the darkness below carrying a scent of brine.

1/04/2020 2:08 pm  #2184

Iron Ranger wrote:

Kondor senses a cold wave on the air leaking up from the darkness below carrying a scent of brine.

Kondor whispers back up. "Ooof, there's a stench down there. Brine? If it's submerged, we may need to turn back. Arctic ice is instant death."

He still heads down carefully.

1/04/2020 2:27 pm  #2185

Tetranna nods, “I smell it too Barbarian. Do I look in the leaves?”

1/04/2020 11:49 pm  #2186

Iron Ranger wrote:

Tetranna nods, “I smell it too Barbarian. Do I look in the leaves?”

“Leaves? Here? How?” Kondor frowns. “No, but this place reeks of ghosts and sorcery, which you know well. Be ready to hold that strangeness off so I can kill it with steel. Brine and rot, we’ll have something to kill soon enough!”

He continues down, trusting his sword and barbarian senses to save them from  the things lurking below.

1/05/2020 10:35 am  #2187

Suddenly Tetranna turns her head. "Halt. What is that howl on the wind? Something approaches behind us, Barbarian!"

1/05/2020 10:36 am  #2188

Ice grips Igrest's throat! He drops the glass cartridge into the snow and pulls at his constricting furs. Gasping and choking he falls to his knees.

A wind picks up from the north, the barks of dogs riding on its crest...

1/05/2020 12:04 pm  #2189

The albino man, gurgling on his knees, tries to claw at his throat and only manages a raspy croak. His eyes water and he attempts to stand on his knees, aghast at the barking howls coming from the crest.

1/05/2020 12:28 pm  #2190

//An image of Igrest the Pallid.

1/05/2020 1:55 pm  #2191

Holy_Rage wrote:

//An image of Igrest the Pallid.

And perhaps soon looking as his newfound friend....

1/05/2020 2:47 pm  #2192

Gundrabu and his dogs slide South down the snow-laden embankment, Kraken itself seeming to push the wind at his back, toward the location of the beacon, now extinguished.

A gurgling sound to his right has the exhausted dogs growling. And the sled's lamplight barely illuminates through the blanket of darkness onto 2 dark figures in the snow blocking a small animal trail winding west toward Shankshill Mountain.

One is still, the other thrashing and grasping at his windpipe!

1/05/2020 3:17 pm  #2193

“By Kraken’s Loving Grasp, Amarok, I do believe we spy another forlorn traveler on this Night-besotted land! Haste, and let us perceive if it prove to be friend or foe.”

Gundrabu flicks the reins, holding them steady in one knotted hand. With the other, he readies his knotted Horseman’s Flail, its eight thongs trembling in suggestion of an octopod. He sleds forward, keeping up his pace.

<i>His intent is to ride by swiftly, while determining, in the glare of lantern-light, if the living figure is friend or foe. If friend, he shall rein in his dogs and assist with the figure’s wounds—Cure Lt Wds is prepared. If foe, he will ride on to the sanctuary, the winds of Kraken at his back.</i>

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

1/05/2020 3:28 pm  #2194

Eirvit wrote:

“By Kraken’s Loving Grasp, Amarok, I do believe we spy another forlorn traveler on this Night-besotted land! Haste, and let us perceive if it prove to be friend or foe.”

Gundrabu flicks the reins, holding them steady in one knotted hand. With the other, he readies his knotted Horseman’s Flail, its eight thongs trembling in suggestion of an octopod. He sleds forward, keeping up his pace.

<i>His intent is to ride by swiftly, while determining, in the glare of lantern-light, if the living figure is friend or foe. If friend, he shall rein in his dogs and assist with the figure’s wounds—Cure Lt Wds is prepared. If foe, he will ride on to the sanctuary, the winds of Kraken at his back.</i>

The westward animal trail is far too narrow for passage with the dogs and sled...

1/05/2020 3:29 pm  #2195

[Igrest, roll another d20 please.]

1/05/2020 3:38 pm  #2196

“Too narrow,” grumbles Gundrabu. “Cease, Amarok!” [Gundrabu has been saying all of this in Esquimaux, by the way.] He expects to halt within a half move of the figure—that would be 15’ for Gundrabu. Then, if nothing changes, he will leap from the sled, Kraken’s Clinging Tentacles in his right hand, Cure Light Wounds gathering in his left.

ooc: any of you feel like helping me set my custom avatar image? Is there a secret website of which I should know?

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

1/05/2020 3:49 pm  #2197

The sled blades grind into the packed snow just 15 feet from the collapsed figures. The Common man is obviously dead, half his exposed torso eaten away, but the slender Atlantean albino panics and desperately struggles to gain his footing toward the brave esquimeaux.

His bleached face and hands are burned scars more than flesh. and what's left of his brow is inked with a blood red tattoo of strange mystical symbols. He tears away at his constricting winter furs beneath which Gundrabu spies the orange flash of sorcerer's robes...

1/05/2020 3:51 pm  #2198

Eirvit wrote:

ooc: any of you feel like helping me set my custom avatar image? Is there a secret website of which I should know?

Tiny pic died. I've been using something called imgur which lets me make a direct link to copy paste in. Extra step but works.

1/05/2020 3:57 pm  #2199

1/05/2020 4:06 pm  #2200

Gnawed from within and seemingly bereft of breath, the young albino man lets out a horrid screech, air forcefully expelled from his mangled throat with a hideous, high-pitched tone.

Eerie, sickly golden-hued eyes gleam as they fix the sled-rider in sheer dread and maddening intensity. He manages to point at his throat with a long, skeletal index, slightly curved towards an unnatural angle, swathes of sickly, snow-white skin dripping from it. A silent plea forms on cracked, taut lips.

[D20 result: rolled a 1...]

Last edited by Holy_Rage (1/05/2020 4:56 pm)

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.