!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/26/2019 6:43 pm  #1

Greater Baltimore Area?

A few weeks we were bouncing around ideas for getting together at Games & Stuff in Glen Burnie or somewhere else in the greater Baltimore area.  Anyone still up for doing that, perhaps starting in mid-January?

"Could you fancy me as a pirate bold?  Or a longship Viking warrior with the old gods on his side?  Well, I'm an inshore man and I'm nobody's hero.  But I'll make you tight for a windy night and a dark ride."--Jethro Tull

12/27/2019 7:47 am  #2

Re: Greater Baltimore Area?

Mid-January might be tough for me (work travel), but I think I'm the farthest out from the area, so should be considered an auxiliary.

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

12/30/2019 11:13 am  #3

I'm still interested in getting together for a game. I'm about an hour from Games and Stuff and the greater Baltimore area.

12/30/2019 10:05 pm  #4

Cool; as indicated before, I'm pretty flexible schedule-wise.  I could do the open Thursday nights or weekends at Games and Stuff, as I'm in Annapolis.  We could also try Third Eye Games in Annapolis if folks are keen, and I'm willing to head elsewhere on weekends.

"Could you fancy me as a pirate bold?  Or a longship Viking warrior with the old gods on his side?  Well, I'm an inshore man and I'm nobody's hero.  But I'll make you tight for a windy night and a dark ride."--Jethro Tull

12/31/2019 10:38 am  #5

As I mentioned before, I need a couple weeks warning to make sure I can clear my schedule of kids' events and other assorted chores/errands.

12/31/2019 10:13 pm  #6

Not a problem.  How about we wait a few days here and then start tossing out potential dates & times?  I'm thinking we probably want at least 4, allowing for a DM & 3 players?  Unless people are open for running multiple PCs, which I do a lot.

1/19/2020 11:12 pm  #7

Anyone?  Anyone?  Buehler?????????

1/20/2020 10:56 am  #8

I'm two hours away on the Eastern Shore but drive to meet and play. Either place is fine. I thought Jan would be freer but biz has broken loose a bit which is cool but am working more than anticipated.

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

1/20/2020 5:36 pm  #9

I stopped by Games & Stuff today and they said the gaming tables are always free and first come, first serve.  There is generally space, except for the occasional tournament & some weekends.  For reference, I've been there on Saturday & Sunday afternoons and it's never been completely full.  I can get there early enough to snag a table should we be able to actually find a day where a number of us can play.

1/21/2020 9:56 am  #10

I'm still game (hah!)  to meet up and play at G&S. As I've mentioned before I'm about an hour away.

1/23/2020 5:04 pm  #11

It may be best to just try & set a date.  What about February 8 or 9?  That's a couple weeks out, on a weekend.

1/23/2020 6:39 pm  #12

Spider of Leng wrote:

It may be best to just try & set a date.  What about February 8 or 9?  That's a couple weeks out, on a weekend.

I will pencil those dates in: I'm a couple of hours from Baltimore. Either date works, too.

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."

1/26/2020 4:43 pm  #13

Okay so it looks like we have at least 4, which is enough to play.  Shall we set February 8 as the date with Games & Stuff as the location?  Is there a time preference?  I can get there early to claim a table since I'm pretty close.

Next, is anyone up for DMing?  At least initially I'd prefer to be a player since:  a) I DM the vast majority of the time; and b) Thus far I've basically played AS&SH as our house-ruled version of Labyrinth Lord so we haven't used the phased combat etc., so it might not be real smooth for those of you wanting straight-up AS&SH. 

That being said if no one else is game, I can do it, though it would be from a published scenario since my own material is very high level and tied to my campaign world.  My sense is that we want to go for shorter scenarios that we can one-shot.

1/26/2020 6:09 pm  #14

That day is open for me currently, and I can get there early, too. I suspect at least 3/4 of us are in the same boat: Ref's of AS&SH, looking to play (it applies to me, and I think mabon5127). That said, I'd be up for running in my house-ruled version of AS&SH, in my not-Hyperborea setting, but that may not be what folks are looking for. And I'd probably do a low-prep one-shot, to see how things roll.

1/26/2020 6:26 pm  #15

I just got my kitchen pass so I'm in as well. I don't have anything to run; those of you with upcoming con events want to test run something?

1/26/2020 8:09 pm  #16

Feb 8th works for me! 

How does this scenario work; we meet for a game at say 1 pm and play till say 6 pm. I'll run, as I would like to playtest an adventure (or at least part of it...). This would allow a playtest with savvy players and gms! 
Each of you could make a 7th level character and we can talk about some equipment that you have accumulated.

This allows me to bring my wife, take her out to dinner and then stay over returning to the eastern shore on Sunday early.

While in my soul forever

1/26/2020 8:11 pm  #17

mabon5127 wrote:

Feb 8th works for me! 

How does this scenario work; we meet for a game at say 1 pm and play till say 6 pm. I'll run, as I would like to playtest an adventure (or at least part of it...). This would allow a playtest with savvy players and gms! 
Each of you could make a 7th level character and we can talk about some equipment that you have accumulated.

This allows me to bring my wife, take her out to dinner and then stay over returning to the eastern shore on Sunday early.

You, sir, know how to plan...that sounds good to me.

1/26/2020 8:12 pm  #18

We could also post the game early to allow a couple of locals to get in if you wanted. This may give them a reason to carry the game in store.

While in my soul forever

1/26/2020 8:40 pm  #19

Spider of Leng wrote:

Okay so it looks like we have at least 4, which is enough to play.  Shall we set February 8 as the date with Games & Stuff as the location?  Is there a time preference?  I can get there early to claim a table since I'm pretty close.

Next, is anyone up for DMing?  At least initially I'd prefer to be a player since:  a) I DM the vast majority of the time; and b) Thus far I've basically played AS&SH as our house-ruled version of Labyrinth Lord so we haven't used the phased combat etc., so it might not be real smooth for those of you wanting straight-up AS&SH. 

That being said if no one else is game, I can do it, though it would be from a published scenario since my own material is very high level and tied to my campaign world.  My sense is that we want to go for shorter scenarios that we can one-shot.

Thanks for pushing this along!

While in my soul forever

1/26/2020 10:55 pm  #20

Hey Gang--

Sounds great!  As it happens, the existing party from my regular campaign are all 6th level, with a variety of classes, so I'll bring all the character sheets and then just fill in whatever the party needs.  I can also get up there and post an announcement on their board sometime this week.  I'll plan on getting there a bit early on the 8th to secure space.  Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.