!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/28/2019 8:37 pm  #2121

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Kondor's brow creases as he forces his memory back, to the death of Emral. "They hold her within. The bell opens the gate."

Looking at the door, "Then it is opened. We rang the bell. that should be all we need, is it not?"

11/28/2019 9:17 pm  #2122

"You give little to go on, Barbarian..."

She pops the leaves in mouth. and chews.

"The bell indeed opens the gate."
"We are being watched."
"Our future is behind that door."

11/28/2019 9:20 pm  #2123

Tetranna spits the leaves onto the floor.

"Stay back!" she croaks, and leans over the curd. 

"She is kept."
"The warlock is with her."
"The way is blocked."

11/29/2019 8:52 am  #2124

"Blocked?! What more can we do? We've rung the bell, slain the dead... what more is there?" Kondor bristles at the Ixian's sorcery. "The paw of the Jackalope, passed to me by Emral when he died. Is that what you mean? Or must we ring the bell at the moment we open the door?"

11/29/2019 8:30 pm  #2125

"I only read the leaves, Barbarian, not grow them. But we are fed and rested and, if you take my palm upon you - healed - for the dangers before us."

11/29/2019 10:01 pm  #2126

Kondor assents to the healing, and when the group is ready to move forward, asks Sol if he will check the door for mundane or sorcerous traps, so they can move forward.

11/30/2019 12:35 am  #2127

Tetranna’s soothing ointment restores 7hp to Kondor.
She scatters her leaf curd and puts away her pile of animal bones. Standing, she cinches her bearskin and pulls out her stone hatchet. “Well, I’m ready.”

12/02/2019 4:54 pm  #2128

Kondor looks at the door, looking at it for the handle, locking mechanism, any sign of runes or sorcery that might trigger his barbarian senses.

12/02/2019 9:04 pm  #2129

ooDM: test driving a HnH session this weekend...

12/02/2019 9:05 pm  #2130

The wooden door is not marked by fire. It is held by metal banding, and there is a metal pull ring waist high on the left side.

12/02/2019 11:33 pm  #2131

Sol will look it over for traps.

12/02/2019 11:54 pm  #2132

Sol withdraws his leather roll of picks and examines the iron pull handle. Several pokes and pries and he is satisfied there are no traps.

Sol add 20XP.

12/04/2019 7:54 pm  #2133

Now that Sol looks satisfied that the door doesn't have traps, Kondor takes the risk of opening the door.  He has his sword drawn in one hand, and puts the lantern in good order for the Ixian woman to carry it one-handed

12/05/2019 8:19 pm  #2134

The door opens quite easily, and the light from Kondor's lantern splashes against a very narrow stairwell only 2ft wide that has been carved out of the interior wall stone.

The air below is sour.

Gorgon's Lash seems to tighten on Kondor's belt.

12/05/2019 9:48 pm  #2135

Kondor steps back and checks the whip on his belt before moving back to point the lantern down the space.

ooc:  working on a pair of images for your game on the weekend. Sick plus stressed, but taking my time to do it right.

12/06/2019 5:39 pm  #2136

Gorgon's Lash seems to be crackling with a subdued electrical current.

"A warning or a curse, Barbarian?" croaks the Ixian with a snort.

12/07/2019 5:00 pm  #2137

Iron Ranger wrote:

Gorgon's Lash seems to be crackling with a subdued electrical current.

"A warning or a curse, Barbarian?" croaks the Ixian with a snort.

"You tell me, fortune-teller," Kondor holds up the whip.  "Twas just a whip before this, even when used by a warlock. Now it crackles with sparks, like stormclouds. Not by my hand. But it is not harming me... for now. If it is some... touch of Emral, then it is so that we can end his quest. If not... we shall find out in due time."

Kondor leads the other two down, looking into the stairwell with the lantern before sliding down with his bastard sword ready before him.

12/09/2019 2:44 pm  #2138

"I know not. But the babel that it makes may give us away before your rancid scent does."

12/09/2019 3:09 pm  #2139

Iron Ranger wrote:

"I know not. But the babel that it makes may give us away before your rancid scent does."

Ooc: so like a buzzing sound or like radio static? Just so I’m clear about the Sound Kondor is experiencing.

12/09/2019 3:34 pm  #2140

Kondor glances at the lash, which crackles and buzzing sounds quite faint to his well-tuned ears.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.