!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/24/2019 6:45 pm  #2101

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

"I was once the wet nurse for Shankshill..." The Ixian woman spits thrice into her palm and makes a clenched fist, then waves open palmed over the bodies. "Now I am a child of nature, a reader of her leaves."

"The witch was burned. With those poor children."

11/24/2019 9:17 pm  #2102

Iron Ranger wrote:

"I was once the wet nurse for Shankshill..." The Ixian woman spits thrice into her palm and makes a clenched fist, then waves open palmed over the bodies. "Now I am a child of nature, a reader of her leaves."

"The witch was burned. With those poor children."

“Then why stay here if all the villagers are dead? It’s a frozen graveyard. I’m freezing while we talk. Our friend told us that there’s a way to end the curse through the bell. If you know it, take us through so we can bring peace to what was your home. Otherwise we’ll have to return to our camp site and get warm again.”

11/24/2019 11:09 pm  #2103

"Yes, your young trickster looks like he could use a rest. Let's fast to your fire, a break from this darkness, and warm tea through our gullets. The leaves will tell us much..."

Nothing more is found in within the decaying robes of the deceased priests.

Last edited by Iron Ranger (11/24/2019 11:14 pm)

11/24/2019 11:19 pm  #2104

Sol rummages through his pack, retrieving his tinderbox.

"Let's go"

11/24/2019 11:21 pm  #2105

Tetranna follows the thief inside the church. She holds the tarp aside and looks back at the flabbergasted barbarian, "You coming?"

11/25/2019 11:13 am  #2106

Kondor is with them.

11/26/2019 12:27 pm  #2107

ooc:  Are we back in the room with the Picts, or did we go back to the main chamber of the temple itself?

11/26/2019 12:43 pm  #2108

Sol and Tetranna reentered the tarped room.

11/26/2019 1:50 pm  #2109

Kondor helps relight the fire, and is watching Tetranna the entire time.

"Those crystal wands from the priests. What are they?" he asks her.

11/26/2019 9:40 pm  #2110

Tetranna looks up from her pile of small animal bones she's spread out before her.

She pulls out the weapon, a transparent crystal housing a network of tightly wound copper wires and tiny, glowing filaments. "This is ancient Atlantean technology - called a Paralyzer, as I recall... We'll need it where we're going..."

She leans over and presses a palm against Sol's forehead. His eyes roll back into his head....and recovers 8 HP!

Last edited by Iron Ranger (11/26/2019 10:23 pm)

11/27/2019 1:56 pm  #2111

"And where exactly is that? We've gone through all the areas of this scorched temple and found only... death. No place that hasn't been found by us or those who we came to find." Kondor doesn't understand.

11/27/2019 2:05 pm  #2112

Tetranna arrages and rearranges the small pile of bones spread in front of her, and then finally satisfied, she points a long, bony finger past the hanging picts at the east wall.

"Through that door."

Last edited by Iron Ranger (11/27/2019 2:18 pm)

11/27/2019 3:03 pm  #2113

Ooc: gasp!

I need to find my copy of the map and complete it.

11/27/2019 9:32 pm  #2114

fireinthedust wrote:

Yep. But don't get Kondor's map mixed up with Emral's map.....;)

11/28/2019 12:09 am  #2115

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

Yep. But don't get Kondor's map mixed up with Emral's map.....;)

Emral had his map on him, which he handed to Kondor along with his whip. It was a subtle but touching moment.

11/28/2019 12:43 am  #2116

Iron Ranger wrote:

She pulls out the weapon, a transparent crystal housing a network of tightly wound copper wires and tiny, glowing filaments. "This is ancient Atlantean technology - called a Paralyzer, as I recall... We'll need it where we're going..."

"...and where are we going after we go through the door?"

Sol nibbles on one of his small biscuits.

Last edited by spotter (11/28/2019 12:57 am)

11/28/2019 11:13 am  #2117

Tetranna smiles, her rotted teeth giving off a slightly rancid odor. "Perhaps this is an opportune time to inventory all that you two know and have recently seen...from the beginning...for surely you are forgetting or ignoring all that is right in front of you...."
She removes a small leather pouch from under her bearskin and withdraws 3 small leaves from it and places them onto her palm.

Last edited by Iron Ranger (11/28/2019 1:01 pm)

11/28/2019 11:56 am  #2118

Sol looks at Emral's map.

"The door...this map would suggest that it opens onto solid stone..."

Sol puzzles, nibbling the biscuit.

11/28/2019 1:40 pm  #2119

Kondor has his rations, too, and settles down to plan.

"When we arrived and searched for Emral, there was that hole in the dais near those rat corpses. Also note the hole in the wall of the kitchen. That likely means the door we see now leads into the wall and then below. Emral died in this room, before he could open the door we now face. The hole in the dais and the kitchen wall, those don't seem to lead to each other. Likely this door is yet another space, one that connects to the hole below the dais - which, as I recall, seemed to have caved in, and looked like some kind of water pool. Maybe we'll be wading in cold water. That's deadly, even without monstrous rats or skeletons."

11/28/2019 3:35 pm  #2120

fireinthedust wrote:

Kondor has his rations, too, and settles down to plan.

"When we arrived and searched for Emral, there was that hole in the dais near those rat corpses. Also note the hole in the wall of the kitchen. That likely means the door we see now leads into the wall and then below. Emral died in this room, before he could open the door we now face. The hole in the dais and the kitchen wall, those don't seem to lead to each other. Likely this door is yet another space, one that connects to the hole below the dais - which, as I recall, seemed to have caved in, and looked like some kind of water pool. Maybe we'll be wading in cold water. That's deadly, even without monstrous rats or skeletons."

“Yes, what else. Remember all. Think barbarian.”

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.