!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/17/2019 8:26 pm  #2081

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Sol pushes past the woman, rushing down the last flight of stairs he draws his sword, charging at the dead man.

11/18/2019 8:19 am  #2082

spotter wrote:

Sol pushes past the woman, rushing down the last flight of stairs he draws his sword, charging at the dead man.

roll for attack and damage

11/18/2019 2:47 pm  #2083

d20: 5

11/18/2019 2:54 pm  #2084

spotter wrote:

d20: 5

Sol makes the distance and swings but misses the rotting priest.

Behind he can make out another 5 moving toward them.

End of round 1.
State Intentions for round 2.

11/18/2019 6:58 pm  #2085

Kondor will roll to grab his sword while the undead is distracted with Sol.

When once more armed, Kondor will attack the undead priest from the rear or side (whatever is nearest). If possible he will draw its attention so that Sol's keen blade can spear it from behind.

d6: 6
d20: 8+3: 11
d10: 4+3: 7

11/19/2019 1:14 pm  #2086

Sounds like a plan.

Sol readies to strike.

11/19/2019 1:32 pm  #2087

spotter wrote:

Sounds like a plan.

Sol readies to strike.

Sol will ready to strike next round or will he strike next round?

11/19/2019 6:17 pm  #2088

Iron Ranger wrote:

spotter wrote:

Sounds like a plan.

Sol readies to strike.

Sol will ready to strike next round or will he strike next round?

Assuming you mean to strike while iron is hot!

11/19/2019 10:50 pm  #2089

He will kill next round

backstab (if enemy is distracted)
init 6
attack 20!
crit 6
damage 5 + 1

Last edited by spotter (11/19/2019 11:20 pm)

11/21/2019 4:02 pm  #2090

Kondor grabs his fallen sword and decapitates the first Priest, he falls to the courtyard with a dull thud!
+64 XP Kondor!

Sol destroys the next one with a single jab!
+64 XP Sol!

But 4 remaining priests emerge from the darkness into the feeble lantern light, their flesh rotted away from bony finger claws.

The first goes after Kondor. The last 3 surround Sol.

Kondor easily defends himself.
Sol holds off 2, but one manages to strike! for 3 hp of damage!

end of round.

11/22/2019 10:12 am  #2091

Kondor hacks at the chill corpse before him, then if slain he steps and spins to use his second slash to take out one attacking Sol.

“If more come can you grab the lantern and get up the tower steps? We can Bottleneck them to keep them from swarming us, up a level or two.”

Ooc: I’m gonna roll attacks in a second.

11/22/2019 10:35 am  #2092

first: 17+3: 20
d10+3: 5+3: 8!

Second: 20! +3: 23
d10: 3+3: 6!

11/22/2019 5:58 pm  #2093

Sol roll the players initiative and tell me you'll do if that blow didn't kill you.

Through the din of steel clashing against rotted bone Sol hears chanting from the top of the belfry!

11/22/2019 8:39 pm  #2094

d6: 6

Sol will take a swing at one of his assailants, then begin moving back toward the tower.

d20: 12 + 1
d6: 6 + 1 

11/22/2019 10:25 pm  #2095

Sol and Kondor make mince meat of the final 2 priests. 

The woman yells down from the belfrey, "Well, that took you long enough!"

[Each take another 64 XP]

11/23/2019 12:43 pm  #2096

“And who are you?” Kondor grunts, cleaning his blade before heading up with the lamp and Sol.

“I saw you make the bell glow earlier.

11/23/2019 1:38 pm  #2097

“I am Tetranna”, she huffs, tucking her bone necklaces back under her bearskin.. Squeezing past the warriors, she crouches at the first fallen priest and picks up his crystalline bolt slinger, a perfect fit for her small hand. Satisfied she tucks it into her belt.
“And t’was you lot who lit the bell and I who tried to undo your folly. The leaves never lie for they said there were fools about the church! And alas! here you be”

11/23/2019 5:19 pm  #2098

Iron Ranger wrote:

“I am Tetranna”, she huffs, tucking her bone necklaces back under her bearskin.. Squeezing past the warriors, she crouches at the first fallen priest and picks up his crystalline bolt slinger, a perfect fit for her small hand. Satisfied she tucks it into her belt.
“And t’was you lot who lit the bell and I who tried to undo your folly. The leaves never lie for they said there were fools about the church! And alas! here you be”

Kondor goes and searches the other corpses, for loot but also to learn more about them.

“Are these from the graveyard or the temple? And the bell summons the dead? What is going on in this place? We came to find and avenge a friend, who told us about a path through the bell before his spirit left this world, and someone who needed our help. If you know, tell us.”

11/23/2019 10:38 pm  #2099

"This place is fell to sickness. Both of the body and.... the mind. When plague savaged this village, the witch came. At first they believed her lies. Then when their children became her minions...they came to know the truth.

They considered not my warnings, but the leaves never lie. I was shunned but it proved a blessing. For they are all dead and I am alive. The killing plague has passed and things begin to move about this church anew.

These poor souls here knew none of this, they are the elders long served and buried. But the witch called upon them as well, ringing that bell to heed her call."

11/24/2019 1:09 pm  #2100

Iron Ranger wrote:

"This place is fell to sickness. Both of the body and.... the mind. When plague savaged this village, the witch came. At first they believed her lies. Then when their children became her minions...they came to know the truth.

They considered not my warnings, but the leaves never lie. I was shunned but it proved a blessing. For they are all dead and I am alive. The killing plague has passed and things begin to move about this church anew.

These poor souls here knew none of this, they are the elders long served and buried. But the witch called upon them as well, ringing that bell to heed her call."

Ooc: I would have so many questions if I was playing Emral, but as I am not... dang it!!!

Ic:  “You talk of leaves. Are you some kind of witch or sorceress yourself? What do you know about ending this curse? Of finding this witch in her lair?”

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.