!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/17/2019 4:36 pm  #1

BFGCon 2020

BFG Con is a convention in Frederick MD March 13-15th 2020. For those in the area I'll be running a few games.

We had several folks from the boards attend last year.

It would be really cool if we could get some more AS&SH represented at this growing convention!

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

11/17/2019 6:22 pm  #2

Re: BFGCon 2020

mabon5127 wrote:

BFG Con is a convention in Frederick MD March 13-15th 2020. For those in the area I'll be running a few games.

It would be really cool if we could get some more AS&SH represented at this growing convention!

Excellent to hear! I plan to attend with my son again, and will see if I can get some others from the area to attend, too.

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

11/18/2019 8:01 pm  #3

I plan on attending with my son again this year. With luck I'll be able to run a game again.

11/18/2019 8:49 pm  #4

tomas wrote:

I plan on attending with my son again this year. With luck I'll be able to run a game again.

I hope you do: I missed your game last year, would like to make it this year.

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."

11/18/2019 9:38 pm  #5

I may try to make it, seeing as I'm based in Annapolis for the next few months.  Is there a game store around there that normally rounds AS&SH?  Around here it seems to be all 5e, Warhammer, Pathfinder or CCG.  I've checked around for OSR games and even posted flyers with no success.

"Could you fancy me as a pirate bold?  Or a longship Viking warrior with the old gods on his side?  Well, I'm an inshore man and I'm nobody's hero.  But I'll make you tight for a windy night and a dark ride."--Jethro Tull

11/19/2019 10:47 am  #6

tomas wrote:

Looking forward to seeing you folks!

While in my soul forever

11/19/2019 10:48 am  #7

rhialto wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

Excellent to hear! I plan to attend with my son again, and will see if I can get some others from the area to attend, too.

Great, want to see you guys again! 

While in my soul forever

11/19/2019 10:50 am  #8

Spider of Leng wrote:

I may try to make it, seeing as I'm based in Annapolis for the next few months.  Is there a game store around there that normally rounds AS&SH?  Around here it seems to be all 5e, Warhammer, Pathfinder or CCG.  I've checked around for OSR games and even posted flyers with no success.

I live two hours from the area, unfortunately. The one store I get to Games and Stuff is great but is pretty typical in not having much OSR RPGing going on.

While in my soul forever

11/19/2019 9:09 pm  #9

I live about an hour from Games and Stuff and go there frequently enough.  Maybe we should try to meet there for a game one weekend?

11/20/2019 2:47 pm  #10

tomas wrote:

I live about an hour from Games and Stuff and go there frequently enough. Maybe we should try to meet there for a game one weekend?

An interesting thought! There are probably half a dozen in the area that could make it.

While in my soul forever

11/20/2019 9:13 pm  #11

mabon5127 wrote:

tomas wrote:

I live about an hour from Games and Stuff and go there frequently enough. Maybe we should try to meet there for a game one weekend?

An interesting thought! There are probably half a dozen in the area that could make it.

I would certainly try to make it.

11/21/2019 1:50 pm  #12

http://gamesandstuffonline.com/event/role-playing-game-night/2019-11-21/

Games and Stuff has open gaming every Thursday night at 5 pm.  

While in my soul forever

11/22/2019 9:20 am  #13

mabon5127 wrote:

Games and Stuff has open gaming every Thursday night at 5 pm.  

With advance notice (so I can secure a kitchen pass) I would drive up from work and be there at 5pm.

11/23/2019 11:08 pm  #14

I'd love to meet up at Games-n-Stuff or Third Eye in Annapolis.  But I'd also be willing to drive a couple hours for a game elsewhere if we can swing it.  Unfortunately I'll be back at my full-time home in Mississippi for the latter half of December, but I might be able to squeeze a game in before then or once I'm back in January.

"Could you fancy me as a pirate bold?  Or a longship Viking warrior with the old gods on his side?  Well, I'm an inshore man and I'm nobody's hero.  But I'll make you tight for a windy night and a dark ride."--Jethro Tull

11/25/2019 4:18 pm  #15

Spider of Leng wrote:

I'd love to meet up at Games-n-Stuff or Third Eye in Annapolis.  But I'd also be willing to drive a couple hours for a game elsewhere if we can swing it.  Unfortunately I'll be back at my full-time home in Mississippi for the latter half of December, but I might be able to squeeze a game in before then or once I'm back in January.

Unfortunately with the holidays, I am looking toward after the first of the year. Though I am pretty jazzed about meeting up for a Game in Early January.  

While in my soul forever

11/25/2019 9:29 pm  #16

Then let's all shoot for early January. We have a few weeks to correlate our schedules and figure out who will DM.

11/26/2019 6:21 am  #17

I'd like to try and make it, too, but G&S is ~1.5 - 2 hrs. from me. Is Thu the only option?

11/26/2019 8:33 am  #18

I'm pretty sure they have open tables on the weekend as well.  I'm out of state now, but I can check next week when I'm back in Annapolis.

11/26/2019 6:15 pm  #19

rhialto wrote:

I'd like to try and make it, too, but G&S is ~1.5 - 2 hrs. from me. Is Thu the only option?

Its about two hours for me as well. Thursday is the only open gaming night they have.

While in my soul forever

11/26/2019 8:28 pm  #20

You can run a RPG over the weekends, but....

You are at the mercy of whatever else is going on that weekend. If they are running a MtG or XWing tournament the place gets packed. If we want to do a weekend then we'd need to double check that the place won't be crowded before we have people start driving 2 hours to get there.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.