!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/05/2019 1:27 pm  #1

GameHole VIII (2020)

For those interested, the dates of next years GameHole are November 5th - 8th, at the Alliant Energy Center. 
www.gameholecon.com

If you haven't attended, it's a really, really well run convention, and a lot of fun. There's a great presence for AS&SH there, along with some other like minded OSR type RPG's. 

I'll be there, again, running 4+ games of Hyperborea, and I'll post my schedule when it's time for event submission. 

11/06/2019 12:24 pm  #2

Re: GameHole VIII (2020)

I will be back next year!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

11/07/2019 12:03 am  #3

I'll be back also.  This time running some Hyperboria too as I did AD&D this past Gamehole.  Also, for those who know me, I was incognito from my usual Manowar apparel on Halloween although some astute folk did see past my disguise.  See some of you at Gary Con and some of you at Gamehole!

Other bands play, Manowar kill!

11/07/2019 8:41 pm  #4

Ghul wrote:

I will be back next year!

YASSSSSSS!

11/07/2019 8:47 pm  #5

MrManowar wrote:

I'll be back also. This time running some Hyperboria too as I did AD&D this past Gamehole. Also, for those who know me, I was incognito from my usual Manowar apparel on Halloween although some astute folk did see past my disguise. See some of you at Gary Con and some of you at Gamehole!

Good to see you last week bro. Loved the Halloween costume! See you at Gary Con!

11/08/2019 3:11 pm  #6

I'm out next year, for the same reason I was out this year: my son will be playing in his high school football sectional.  Will be back in 2021.

Last edited by francisca (11/08/2019 3:12 pm)

11/10/2019 4:15 pm  #7

francisca wrote:

I'm out next year, for the same reason I was out this year: my son will be playing in his high school football sectional.  Will be back in 2021.

Oh man, that sucks.

11/10/2019 10:16 pm  #8

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

francisca wrote:

Oh man, that sucks.

Naw, it's great.  They won sectionals friday night, and my son is playing the best he has all year.  Wouldn't miss it for the world.  There will be plenty of time to hang with you guys at future conventions, but my son only gets one go around at this.

Oh wait, maybe you meant it sucks I'll be abck in 2021!

Last edited by francisca (11/10/2019 10:16 pm)

11/12/2019 3:16 pm  #9

francisca wrote:

Oh wait, maybe you meant it sucks I'll be abck in 2021!

"No, for you are not a man of honour, and my champion shall challenge you to a boxing match.. hon hon hon!"

Last edited by Ar'Pharazon (11/12/2019 3:16 pm)

4/29/2020 10:52 pm  #10

Hi folks, hope all is well in these times with you all.  I did submit a Hyperboria event for Gamehole titled:  Excursion into the Lair of the Serpent Queens.  I may run it twice, but not sure as of yet.  Here's hoping this convention goes off all well and for those of you planning to attend, looking forward to seeing you.  If you are uncomfortable shaking hands, etc.  may I suggest raising the Manowar salute: The Sign of the Hammer!  A mighty hail like that is sure to send the false ones running for cover as well as conveying your true metal credentials.

Other bands play, Manowar kill!

4/30/2020 5:46 am  #11

Sign of the hammer? Sounds like something you might find outside a blacksmiths shop. 

I will be running a game or three at GHC if it happens. I have nothing written yet, but the working title for my next AS&SH con game is “Metal Church”. So, I hope that name evokes visions of what may yet come to pass.

We sure miss our convention friends out there and hope we can all get together real soon once it is safe to do so again.

4/30/2020 7:01 am  #12

Sounds promising! Keep us posted.

I hope to make it back to GH someday. Had a blast those two years when I attended. 

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

6/10/2020 6:13 pm  #13

I guess now it's all eyes on GameHole!

6/11/2020 5:09 am  #14

Sadly, Gameholecon has already been cancelled.

6/11/2020 8:24 am  #15

Damn! Hate to hear it, but not surprised at all. Are they planning any sort of online alternative?

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

6/11/2020 10:08 am  #16

Chainsaw wrote:

Damn! Hate to hear it, but not surprised at all. Are they planning any sort of online alternative?

yes
Here is the GM info:
https://www.gameholecon.com/gminfo

6/11/2020 12:51 pm  #17

After all my recent practice I've been wanting to run a virtual session at an online convention.   This seems like a good opportunity.

6/20/2020 8:59 am  #18

lige wrote:

After all my recent practice I've been wanting to run a virtual session at an online convention.   This seems like a good opportunity.

I just might need to get my feet wet too.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.