!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/31/2019 11:05 am  #2041

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

Kondor would use his dagger to open the sack while searching it, if needed.

When the barbarian sees the bell start to glow, he slips back into the room and then out the door.  He will move quickly to the tower, stalking up the stairs with his sword drawn. He wants to get a better look at this new figure.

Roll d12.

10/31/2019 10:13 pm  #2042

d12: 11  (after two rolls went into a crease, both showing 12; but I suspect lower is better for these)

10/31/2019 11:01 pm  #2043

Kondor slices into the large sack. The canvas rips from the bulging silver constrained within and several chalices fall out with a loud clang!

The figure on the belfry immediately freezes and the lilting song ceases abruptly.

11/01/2019 11:32 am  #2044

So the bag is full of treasure? There's nothing else up there, like frozen bodies?

Kondor doesn't move, just like if he'd stepped on a twig while hunting.  He remains still and watches the figure to see what they will do. Not even breathing, knowing the frosty air might alert the mysterious figure.

11/02/2019 9:47 pm  #2045

fireinthedust wrote:

So the bag is full of treasure? There's nothing else up there, like frozen bodies?

Kondor doesn't move, just like if he'd stepped on a twig while hunting.  He remains still and watches the figure to see what they will do. Not even breathing, knowing the frosty air might alert the mysterious figure.

Moments pass unmoving. Kondor steals a glance into the hole cut into the sack, silver goblets, plates from what he can see. A red sash or felt or cloak down in there?

He'd need to open the sack. He looks back at the belfry. The creature is gone!

11/03/2019 2:26 am  #2046

Kondor checks the sash or cloak. It could be useful in the cold.

11/03/2019 9:40 am  #2047

Kondor reaches into the sack and pulls out the red fabric.
It's a huge velvet tablebcloth.
There are half a dozen sets of silver plates, goblets, and utensils.

11/03/2019 10:46 am  #2048

Iron Ranger wrote:

Kondor reaches into the sack and pulls out the red fabric.
It's a huge velvet tablebcloth.
There are half a dozen sets of silver plates, goblets, and utensils.

Kondor leaves it for now and heads back in to the room, still on guard in case the stranger arrives.

“The roof has a sack of silver these Picts were stealing, but I spotted a strange figure out there in the bell tower. I’m not sure if it’s seen me, but it was apparently trying to ring the bell, the one Emral was warning us about. Friend or foe, we should see if we can follow the tracks and find out.”

11/05/2019 2:27 pm  #2049

"I agree. What did Emral say about the bell again?"

ooc: What time is it?

11/05/2019 2:43 pm  #2050

spotter wrote:

In this never-ending darkness and with all the heat of the centipede battle, you have lost track of time. But you are not tired since your last sleep.

11/05/2019 4:27 pm  #2051

spotter wrote:

ooc: it's time to rock!  (guitar power chords)

"Something about using it to go to where some woman was imprisoned? I'm not sure about magic, but he died trying to save this woman. If you get a look at the bell, do you think you could figure out how to get us through, or in, or whatever?"

"Also, before we leave, there's some treasure on that roof - a few silver plates, but it's good for a few nights' carousing. If we survive!"

11/06/2019 12:37 am  #2052

"Let's take the plates and try to figure out how this bell works."

11/06/2019 6:40 am  #2053

spotter wrote:

"Let's take the plates and try to figure out how this bell works."

“There’s a lot of them, too heavy for battle. I’m pretty sure that no one will climb up the rope with dead Picts while we’re gone. If you want we could bring it down, but they clatter terribly.”

11/06/2019 9:47 am  #2054

Then we'll come back and retrieve them later. To the bell tower!

ooc: heading out of town for a few days. Sol will follow Kondor with the lantern.

11/06/2019 4:44 pm  #2055

spotter wrote:

Then we'll come back and retrieve them later. To the bell tower!

ooc: heading out of town for a few days. Sol will follow Kondor with the lantern.

Huzzah!

We go, swords ready.

11/08/2019 12:45 am  #2056

Kondor and Sol emerge through the hung tarp. The freezing air immediately grips their hearts. 
The belfry is to the east.

11/08/2019 12:26 pm  #2057

We head to the belfry.

11/08/2019 10:41 pm  #2058

Footrints in the snow lead to and from the wooden structure, and up and down the treads.

11/09/2019 11:59 am  #2059

Iron Ranger wrote:

Footrints in the snow lead to and from the wooden structure, and up and down the treads.

Kondor is an experienced hunter and a barbarian, what can he tell about the tracks?

11/09/2019 10:12 pm  #2060

The creature is bipedal, wears flat-bottomed shoes. is  maybe 100 lbs., slight left leaning limp from wound or heavy load.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.