!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/16/2019 11:26 am  #1981

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Kondor bellows a battle cry and slashes the first creature with his blade.

Hoping that the cry will rouse his companion, he leaves that concern to fate: now only swordplay exists for the barbarian!

D6:4
D20: 1! So a4
D10: 10+3
D20: 20! 23
D10: 7+3

10/16/2019 1:07 pm  #1982

ooc: So... Should I roll for a fumble on that nat 1?  Or a crit for the nat 20?  Do they cancel each other out? I rolled the 1 while thinking "these expensive dice may not roll well all the time (ie: loaded in my favour) but I paid for them so I better use them", and then saw the 1. Then I rolled the dice and they were like "Just kidding! 20!"

Also:  Poison! Every time, poison gets me! I'm going to have a half-dozen characters show up at once next time, so we don't have to pretend it's a too-scattered search party.

Also: My impression is that our sleeping Sol is welcome to start posting whenever. I welcome Sol's posting. Because Sol (and his player) are the best ever... certainly doing better than I am this time round.  Maybe another holy handgrenade of antioch?

10/16/2019 1:10 pm  #1983

1E doesn't utilize critical misses, but it does use critical hits. so roll an extra d6 so we can check the chart, if Kondor lives that long!

10/16/2019 1:13 pm  #1984

Creatures roll a 5, and winning the initiative, they continue their awful snipping with those razor mouth pincers!

The first one continues gnawing through the studded leather down below but doesn't quite get through the tough hide.
Having gotten a taste of the barbarian's wild blood, the second one moves around Kondor's torso to get in a better position for a rear neck attack.

10/16/2019 1:15 pm  #1985

fireinthedust wrote:

Kondor bellows a battle cry and slashes the first creature with his blade.

Hoping that the cry will rouse his companion, he leaves that concern to fate: now only swordplay exists for the barbarian!

D6:4
D20: 1! So a4
D10: 10+3
D20: 20! 23
D10: 7+3

So far Sol remains dead asleep.
Kondor swipes at the creature crawling to his back but it's an impossible angle!
He drops his blade against the one at his leg, slicing it in half. It falls to the floor and its multi legs quiver in death throes!

begin Round 3!

10/16/2019 3:26 pm  #1986

d6: 1!  so that's +2 damage. 12 damage that time.

round 3:  
init d6: 2
d20: 17+3: 20!
d10: 9+3: 12!

10/16/2019 3:38 pm  #1987

The Centipede witnesses the deadly flash of steel and leaps away for the safety of the courtyard!
But it is not fast enough for the keen barbarian, who has guessed its cowardice! He cleaves the beast to bits in the doorway.

10/16/2019 4:13 pm  #1988

Kondor add +50XP +bonus.

10/16/2019 5:18 pm  #1989

"Wha?"
Sol stirs.

10/16/2019 5:23 pm  #1990

Sol rubs the sleep from his eyes.
Kondor is heaving and bleeding from the neck.

Sol, welcome back and roll new HP for levelling up!

10/16/2019 6:16 pm  #1991

"*huff* *huff* *huff*" Kondor pants.  He then sits down, lifts his leg to his mouth and sucks the poison from his thigh, spits, then does it again.

ooc: Barbarian special ability, yeah!

When finished, he rubs the Jackalope's paw over his wounds to cure them.

10/16/2019 6:22 pm  #1992

fireinthedust wrote:

"*huff* *huff* *huff*" Kondor pants.  He then sits down, lifts his leg to his mouth and sucks the poison from his thigh, spits, then does it again.

ooc: Barbarian special ability, yeah!

When finished, he rubs the Jackalope's paw over his wounds to cure them.

Unfortunately, the centipede on Kondor's leg, never got through the leather, 'twas the one at his neck that drew first blood.

Would Sol care to do the honors?  Or Jackalope application only?

10/16/2019 11:03 pm  #1993

We have to save the paw for Emral Jr... Sol will do the honors

10/16/2019 11:41 pm  #1994

Sol draws at the barbarian's neck for a several moments, then spits the hot red blood onto the stone floor in a splat. 

Sol roll d12.

10/17/2019 10:51 am  #1995

Kondor gives him specific advice for drawing the poison out.

When finished he a) shows Sol the leather socks(?), and (b) shows him the healing powers of the jackalope paw by rubbing it over his wounds.
“Emral showed me that it can provide minor healing each day. It has never run out yet.”

Then Kondor looks into the final hole, now that the murderous centipedes are dead.

10/17/2019 11:33 pm  #1996

d12: 5

10/17/2019 11:37 pm  #1997

spotter wrote:

d12: 5

Sol wipes his mouth and says he doesn’t taste any poison.

10/17/2019 11:40 pm  #1998

fireinthedust wrote:

Kondor gives him specific advice for drawing the poison out.

When finished he a) shows Sol the leather socks(?), and (b) shows him the healing powers of the jackalope paw by rubbing it over his wounds.
“Emral showed me that it can provide minor healing each day. It has never run out yet.”

Then Kondor looks into the final hole, now that the murderous centipedes are dead.

Sol watches in awe as the paw seals the ragged torn flesh whole.
Kondor add 2 HP.
Kondor holds out the leather socks, eager to peer inside the last hole.

10/18/2019 7:12 am  #1999

Puts the socks to one side, then looks into the hole.

10/18/2019 8:40 am  #2000

Kondor places the leather socks on the floor near Sol and lights another paper torch.
The bottom of the hole is filled with matted down twigs and straw.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.