!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/26/2019 11:17 pm  #1901

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

spotter wrote:

With a bloodcurdling screen, Sol crumples to the ground.

(Intentions for next round: play dead (1 hp left), might try to backstab if Emral gets close)

Great! Add 100XP Sol.

9/26/2019 11:19 pm  #1902

Emral laughs at the apparent demise of the Legerdamainst - just as the first cleave comes hard and deep from the Barbarian. The Warlock roars in pain and bounds over the possum body of Sol out into the courtyard, barely escaping the second of the Barbarian's wild slashings!

[End of round.]

9/27/2019 11:08 am  #1903

Iron Ranger wrote:

Emral laughs at the apparent demise of the Legerdamainst - just as the first cleave comes hard and deep from the Barbarian. The Warlock roars in pain and bounds over the possum body of Sol out into the courtyard, barely escaping the second of the Barbarian's wild slashings!

[End of round.]

AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

ooc:  AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

IC:

Kondor sees Sol fall, another friend killed by this evil, evil place. He charges after Emral, knowing too well that if he doesn't slay the undead soon, he'll be fighting the slain Sol soon after!

ooc:  May I roll?  
d6: 2
charge after Emral
Attack as soon as possible:  11+3: 14!

9/27/2019 3:11 pm  #1904

Kondor charges after his old dear friend. Leaping over Sol and out into the courtyard, he now finally first notices that the entire courtyard is bathed in a hot red overhead light, brighter than daylight, which stops him in his tracks!!!!

9/27/2019 3:26 pm  #1905

Kondor won't let some light halt his momentum! He looks for Emral's corpse so humiliated by the foul sorcery of this place, intending to hack it into many pieces!

9/27/2019 3:31 pm  #1906

The Warlock stands in the courtyard's center, the hot crimson light from above bathed across him casting a hard shadow toward the west, his arms outstretched, palms down over the crowns of two of the slain wolves. 

"Rise!" he croaks.

9/29/2019 10:20 am  #1907

Kondor lunges at the warlock while it animates the wolves.  He hopes to interrupt this power before the wolves can attack!

9/29/2019 6:46 pm  #1908

Sol pulls the pin out of the egg-shaped metal cylinder he found in the chapel. "Kondor, hit the deck!"

9/29/2019 7:42 pm  #1909

[Okay, this is getting serious! One of you roll group initiative.

Your round will look like this: 
Phase 1: 2 pound egg cylinder will fly
Phase 2: Kondor will full move attack or hit the deck.

Sol: roll d20
Kondor roll d12 to hear Sol, and /or d20, d20 double attack]

9/29/2019 10:18 pm  #1910

6 initiative!

18 on the egg cylinder

9/30/2019 9:30 am  #1911

Iron Ranger wrote:

[Okay, this is getting serious! One of you roll group initiative.

Your round will look like this: 
Phase 1: 2 pound egg cylinder will fly
Phase 2: Kondor will full move attack or hit the deck.

Sol: roll d20
Kondor roll d12 to hear Sol, and /or d20, d20 double attack]

d12: 3
I'm not sure if that's good enough. It's a d12, so I'm assuming it's got a better chance to succeed, but 3 is a really low roll.

(Assuming it fails) Rolls for the full attack: 

d20: 13+3  1d10: 3+3 (6)
d20: 15+3  1d10: 5+3 (8)

Those would be enough to take out Emral once and for all, if he was still alive.  Eeek!

9/30/2019 9:59 am  #1912

The wolves stand bathed in the hot crimson glow of the courtyard, their eyes coming alive betraying dark forces, and their jaws dripping saliva and blood once again. "Eat them," Emral commands and opens his eyes just as Sol's small egg cylinder lands at his feet. He glances down at the intrusion, curious. 

Kaboom! Shrapnel tears through his brigandine to his flesh! The wolves howl as metal bits shred their hides and return them to the pits of hell.

The concussion knocks the barbarian to the dirt. He looks up at the spreading cloud of green mist rising around the Warlock and his re-fallen beasts. 

9/30/2019 10:02 am  #1913

Phase 2 begins. Does Kondor get up and attack?

9/30/2019 11:32 am  #1914

Iron Ranger wrote:

Phase 2 begins. Does Kondor get up and attack?

Yes!

d20: 20! +3: 23
d10: 5+3
d6 for critical: 6! (I looked it up and it says x3 damage for Fighters, which would include Kondor)

9/30/2019 11:34 am  #1915

d10: 1
d10: 7
so add 8 damage to the previous 8, total 16!

9/30/2019 12:55 pm  #1916

Kondor rushes into the strange green mist enveloping Emral and ignoring the sour inhalations - hacks the Warlock in quick succession. The bastard sword cleaves his foe's weapon arm away and returns to the torso for 3 more deep gashes. The re-mortally wounded Warlock falls to the ground.

The intense red light overhead begins to darken and the mist dissipates and the fallen warrior grabs the barbarian's arm. "Great Kondor, my old friend, 'tis you that has freed me." His voice is gravel and blood runs freely from the gashes in his side and the stump at his shoulder. He coughs up a pint of blood as he speaks. His voice fading quickly.

"They hold her within. The Bell opens the gate."

His head falls back onto the dirt and Kondor feels the warlock going limp. Emral reached inside his breeches and thrusts an object into the barbarian's calloused palm - a jackalope's paw on a thin twine.

"Take this holy relic to my son, Emral son of Emral. It has been gifted by the gods to close wounds. Do not waste its gifts on me now. He will need it far more, for I have seen into his future, and his will be a lonely journey. Alas, I am done."

And the warlock is no more.

9/30/2019 1:04 pm  #1917

Sol: add 2150XP for killing Emral, 200XP for using the egg shaped cylinder, 300XP for killing wolves, plus 10% bonus.

Kondor: add 2150XP for Killing Emral, 1250XP for acquiring Periapt of Wound Closing, plus 10% bonus.

9/30/2019 2:53 pm  #1918

With 3806XP - Kondor levels up!  roll d12 HP (you'll add at next full rest) and adjust your Combat Matrix!

9/30/2019 3:57 pm  #1919

ooc: Huzzah!  Also: Alas, poor Emral!

Hopefully we meet him soon...

10/01/2019 4:54 pm  #1920

Kondor grips the paw and promises that he will deliver it. Instantly the opened charred flesh from the Flaming sphere heals. 
[add 2 HP, now 7 of 13 - pre-level 2 roll.]

The crimson glow from over head fades away with Emral's last breaths, and the heat of battle dissipates, leaving your hearts pounding and the sweat of your skins turned immediately to ice...and the wretched cold of Nightfall grips you like death around the throats...

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.