!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/20/2019 7:30 pm  #1881

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

Is the flaming sphere gone?

Can Kondor throw the bodies at the undead formerly known as Emral?

[Depends on if Sol uses phase 2 of the this round.  Kondor can throw bodies next round, which are on fire, like Kondor.]

So can Kondor put himself out during phase two?

9/20/2019 7:50 pm  #1882

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

Is the flaming sphere gone?

Can Kondor throw the bodies at the undead formerly known as Emral?

[Depends on if Sol uses phase 2 of the this round.  Kondor can throw bodies next round, which are on fire, like Kondor.]

So can Kondor put himself out during phase two?

He can try but he's underneath 2x dead weight, everybody on fire, and he failed his save.  Roll Extraordinary Feat of Strength.

9/20/2019 9:01 pm  #1883

I kill!

9/20/2019 9:06 pm  #1884

spotter wrote:

I kill!

Assuming your previous 19!

Sol slashes with his sword at the surprised Emral, his sword cleaving deep into the Warlock 's abdomen!

Roll damage!

9/22/2019 1:19 am  #1885

Strength: 94% via eldritch roller because I cannot wait any longer.

9/22/2019 11:34 am  #1886

fireinthedust wrote:

Strength: 94% via eldritch roller because I cannot wait any longer.

The foul eldritch randomizer fails the barbarian's true nature.
But Kondor manages to stand, and the burning frozen corpses roll away. The dead warlock's flaming sphere flames out, but its flames have ignited the barbarian's well-oiled studded leather.

[End of phase 2.]

[Declare intentions for Round 2 and one of you roll initiative on d6.]

9/22/2019 11:53 pm  #1887

6+1 damage

9/23/2019 9:10 am  #1888

d6:  rolled a 5

Kondor rolls to his feet, knowing the fire may end his life.  Yet he knows Emral must be laid to rest, and honor demands he not die before he accomplishes this thing.

Once on his feet, Kondor lunges forward with a killing blow, cleaving the un-dead warlock!

d20: 9+3 for 12!  Dang it!  That's with a material d20 at home!!!

9/23/2019 3:27 pm  #1889

The party wins initiative!

Ignoring the fire burning through to his skin for 3 additional points of damage, the crazed Barbarian jabs into nothingness as the svelt Warlock pivots away!   Everything hinges on Sol's next move!

9/24/2019 9:33 am  #1890

ooc:  Gaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!  No pressure.

9/24/2019 10:28 am  #1891

fireinthedust wrote:

ooc:  Gaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!  No pressure.

I feeeeeeeel ya!

9/24/2019 8:17 pm  #1892

I kill [again]!

11+1 hits a 7 AC

9/24/2019 8:18 pm  #1893

Sol slashes desperately at the Warlock, but in his frantic rage misses the risen warrior!

9/25/2019 9:53 am  #1894

Kondor is ready to put his friend's body to rest, and after shifting a step to put Emral between the barbarian and Sol, Kondor strikes once, twice!

ooc: 
1st: 10+3 = 13!  (so... AC6)  2d6+3 (8) 
2nd: 9+3 = 12! (AC7)  2d6+3 (10)

I don't recall what his pre-undead AC would be, but I feel like it would have been 6. Medium armor plus a little dex bonus. Maybe one hit here, but I'm not sure if either.  Rolled both, added 3 to each, included above.

9/25/2019 10:10 am  #1895

fireinthedust wrote:

Kondor is ready to put his friend's body to rest, and after shifting a step to put Emral between the barbarian and Sol, Kondor strikes once, twice!

ooc: 
1st: 10+3 = 13!  (so... AC6)  2d6+3 (8) 
2nd: 9+3 = 12! (AC7)  2d6+3 (10)

I don't recall what his pre-undead AC would be, but I feel like it would have been 6. Medium armor plus a little dex bonus. Maybe one hit here, but I'm not sure if either.  Rolled both, added 3 to each, included above.

Hold that action. Emral didn't get his turn to have either Kondor or Sol join him in the Afterdeath!

9/25/2019 12:10 pm  #1896

Emral scoffs at the Legerdemainist's unpracticed swordplay, and reaches to his scabbard for his sword, determined to put an end to this eldritch thief once and for all. Panic grips him though as he discovers the scabbard is bare!

"I curse that foul thieving crook, a thousand deaths for Malak!"

and without a beat, begins anew wild gesturing his hands as his eyes roll back in his head....

End of round 2.

9/25/2019 2:42 pm  #1897

Iron Ranger wrote:

Emral scoffs at the Legerdemainist's unpracticed swordplay, and reaches to his scabbard for his sword, determined to put an end to this eldritch thief once and for all. Panic grips him though as he discovers the scabbard is bare!

and without a beat, begins anew wild gesturing his hands as his eyes roll back in his head....

End of round 2.

ooc: So... now I roll for initiative and then the attacks take effect?

d6: 2!

9/25/2019 2:48 pm  #1898

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

End of round 2.

ooc: So... now I roll for initiative and then the attacks take effect?

d6: 2!

Yes, it's group initiative, so one of the party rolls for the party. I treat Ties as simul. action.

So it's:
0. Surprise roll 
0. Reactions roll
1. declare intentions
2. roll initiative
3. Phase 1
4. Phase 2 as necessary
5. Morale as needed

9/25/2019 2:56 pm  #1899

Emral rolls a 5! 

The air crackles with arcane lightning as the warriors prepare to strike again at the foul Warlock. Jets of thin, multihued flames spring from Emral's fingertips in a 120 degree arc toward Sol, burning the poor thief exposed skin and face for 6 points of damage!!!!

{Party's turn: see combat sequence table on p.208 of 1e players manual for Phase actions}
{I already have Kondor's. Just need Sol's..}

9/26/2019 10:38 pm  #1900

With a bloodcurdling screen, Sol crumples to the ground.

(Intentions for next round: play dead (1 hp left), might try to backstab if Emral gets close)

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.