!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/16/2019 9:32 am  #1

Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess [spoilers therein]

Recently we've been running this at our table and we didn't see another thread here about the adventure so we've made this one. Our party is having a helluva time. Its been fun and challenging, a great time. 

Spoilers:

So far our heroes have made into the pyramid from the secret passage. In the pyramid the party's longtime NPC companion, Vorr, the huntsman, died fighting an Asp. It was a dark moment for the group.

Hours later, the party inadvertently tried to camp within the pyramid, near Kang Som's personal chamber. Kang Som attacked the party, a desperate battle ensued, and the party fled up the pyramid to the top.

Now they're stuck at the top of the pyramid, its night, everyone is wounded, the spellcasters are low on spells, etc. The party is now trying to figure out a way to escape into the jungle. On the pro side, the party has already murdered all of the acolytes and lay brothers.

Right now Kang Som is sending runners from the village to the pirates;-) . . . .

9/18/2019 5:22 pm  #2

Re: Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess [spoilers therein]

Missed this! Thanks for posting.

alShanfara wrote:

Now they're stuck at the top of the pyramid, its night, everyone is wounded, the spellcasters are low on spells, etc. The party is now trying to figure out a way to escape into the jungle. On the pro side, the party has already murdered all of the acolytes and lay brothers.

Right now Kang Som is sending runners from the village to the pirates;-) . . . .

Hahahaha! Love it. 

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

9/19/2019 8:20 pm  #3

I played in a session run by Ghul at one of my first Gary Cons.

My monk challenged to bad ass monk guy to combat. He knocked my ass out cold.

However, later I did use a pot of boiling rice as an improvised weapon and rolled a critical hit with it.

Very memorable module. Especially when a barbarian goes all berserk on a dinosaur and basically kills it single handedly. Right Handy?

What? Me worry?

9/20/2019 8:11 am  #4

Awesome stuff!  This will be our group's next module.

"Could you fancy me as a pirate bold?  Or a longship Viking warrior with the old gods on his side?  Well, I'm an inshore man and I'm nobody's hero.  But I'll make you tight for a windy night and a dark ride."--Jethro Tull

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.