!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/05/2019 8:58 am  #1821

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

d12: 4

And, btw, I always roll. The 12 was real! Crazy, huh?

9/05/2019 10:25 am  #1822

fireinthedust wrote:

And, btw, I always roll. The 12 was real!

Just one of the many  things I appreciate most about you players in this PbP!!

9/05/2019 10:30 am  #1823

Twilight begins.

Sol sees a sliver of metal on the ground within the whipping grasses on the other side of the wrought iron fence.

Kondor notices indentions in the snowfall about 30 feet away toward the treeline.

9/05/2019 6:52 pm  #1824

How high is the fence?

9/05/2019 6:57 pm  #1825

Chest high.
The spires are rusted finials, bladed and spaced about 8 inches apart.
The rail is just under the bottoms of the finial blades.

9/05/2019 11:14 pm  #1826

Can I put my foot on the rail and climb over? Is there anything nearby I can drag into position to step up on?

9/05/2019 11:23 pm  #1827

The rail is just below the finial at chest height. 
The only thing around is Kondor.
The finials are rusted and bladed.

9/06/2019 11:19 am  #1828

"Let's find the gate. An accursed place like this could see even your proven-sure step attacked by the evil in the air. Unless you've a sacred flower of healing, or the skill of some Khromarium sawbones, those blades could kill. Or infect your wound with some evil. Or something!"

ooc: yes, I'm super paranoid... and I still lost my last character! This place is death! DEATH!!!
But still, we might as well leave a path for retreat in case we're wounded and need to get past the fence. If we break an arm and have to flee, being impaled on the fence is not a happy way to go.

Kondor follows the rail until he finds a gate or opening, then moves back, following the rail towards the wall that Sol saw through the window.

9/06/2019 11:21 am  #1829

Iron Ranger wrote:

Twilight begins.

Sol sees a sliver of metal on the ground within the whipping grasses on the other side of the wrought iron fence.

Kondor notices indentions in the snowfall about 30 feet away toward the treeline.

Oh hey!  Can we back track and check this out?  

Does it look like it's where the wolves and the other set of boot prints you mentioned had gone?

9/06/2019 1:25 pm  #1830

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

Twilight begins.

Does it look like it's where the wolves and the other set of boot prints you mentioned had gone?

Ignoring the Kondor goes along the fence post...

While Sol is looking for a leg up, Kondor peers across the snow at those newly noticed prints. The prints are too large for wolves, especially at this distance. The bootprints you have been following bear the marks of the same bootprints you and Sol have been tracking for days leading to this accursed place.  These new prints are altogether different.

Last edited by Iron Ranger (9/06/2019 2:17 pm)

9/06/2019 3:39 pm  #1831

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

Twilight begins.

While Sol is looking for a leg up, Kondor peers across the snow at those newly noticed prints. The prints are too large for wolves, especially at this distance. The bootprints you have been following bear the marks of the same bootprints you and Sol have been tracking for days leading to this accursed place.  These new prints are altogether different.

“These are strange tracks. After we search the battle you saw, we should follow them.” Kondor points to the new prints so Sol can see.  “For an abandoned ruin, there are many trails.”

Ooc:  okay now he goes to the original plan - in the gate and along the fence and wall.  Kondor has the lantern in one hand, his sword in the other.

9/06/2019 3:53 pm  #1832

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

“These are strange tracks. After we search the battle you saw, we should follow them.” Kondor points to the new prints so Sol can see. “For an abandoned ruin, there are many trails.”

Ooc: okay now he goes to the original plan - in the gate and along the fence and wall. Kondor has the lantern in one hand, his sword in the other.

They are strange prints indeed, and difficult to discern what made them from this 30 yard *(misstated earlier as feet) distance. 

The feeble light makes Kondor reach for his lantern. Carefully he moves down the length of the fence, quickly picking up the trail of the two booted men they hunt. He rounds the corner and sees the rickety gate hanging open ahead.

Does Sol follow Kondor or wait by the fence?

9/06/2019 5:09 pm  #1833

“Sol! I’ve found the trail again! Emral and Malak for sure. We’re getting close, finally!”

9/07/2019 5:38 pm  #1834

What about that metal sliver inside the fence? I'll try to take a closer look at it.

9/07/2019 9:53 pm  #1835

Sol peers through the fence as the night winds pick up, howling at his ears, and whipping the grasses so violently that Sol can no longer get a clear bead on it.  You swear it was right there somewhere, just out of reach.....

9/07/2019 10:29 pm  #1836

I'll attach my grappling hook to my rope and toss it over. Maybe I can snare it and pull it to within grabbing distance...

Last edited by spotter (9/07/2019 10:29 pm)

9/07/2019 11:50 pm  #1837

spotter wrote:

I'll attach my grappling hook to my rope and toss it over. Maybe I can snare it and pull it to within grabbing distance...

Can Kondor help? He’s on the other side of the fence already.

9/08/2019 7:35 am  #1838

fireinthedust wrote:

spotter wrote:

Can Kondor help? He’s on the other side of the fence already.

Not quite, Kondor's still rounding the fence at the corner of the cemetery, not yet at the gate, looking back at Sol, saying "I've found their trail..."

9/08/2019 7:37 am  #1839

spotter wrote:

The hook lands with a thud and drags through the grasses. Sol reels it in but comes up empty.

Helios's last red rays fade and another long night is upon you.

9/09/2019 7:09 am  #1840

"Hurry Sol, we should move quickly." Kondor waves the rogue to follow him, then holding his lantern forward starts moving to follow the tracks and investigate the room ahead.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.