!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/13/2019 3:18 pm  #1

Wild Boar Hunt

I need a location within a day or two  of Khromarium that's ideal for a boar hunt during Apollonalia. It has to be isolated enough for a "hunter becomes the hunted" scenario with a swine daemon and his progeny but close enough to city for jaded elites to take a pleasurable hunting expedition without too much fuss. Thanks in advance for your help.

8/13/2019 6:12 pm  #2

Re: Wild Boar Hunt

Somewhere between Swampgate and Khromarium?

What? Me worry?

8/13/2019 6:48 pm  #3

gizmomathboy wrote:

Somewhere between Swampgate and Khromarium?

I should have said I am specifically avoiding the fens and marshes of the Lug Wasteland. I guess I'll go with some coastal plains. 

8/14/2019 8:03 am  #4

There an area on the map, along the river Vol where there is a section with 3 lakes and a branch of the Vol. it's an area about 26 miles in space, bordered on 3 sides (plus a little on the 4th side) with the river/lakes. It looks like a nice confined space and it's mostly grasslands (rolling hills). Unless you need a more hilly area, then there is a location to the east of the Kimmerian Stepp, it's a 26-mile grassland surrounded by hills, but it's more like a week travel.

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

8/14/2019 7:39 pm  #5

BlackKnight wrote:

There an area on the map, along the river Vol where there is a section with 3 lakes and a branch of the Vol. it's an area about 26 miles in space, bordered on 3 sides (plus a little on the 4th side) with the river/lakes. It looks like a nice confined space and it's mostly grasslands (rolling hills). Unless you need a more hilly area, then there is a location to the east of the Kimmerian Stepp, it's a 26-mile grassland surrounded by hills, but it's more like a week travel.

Dude thanks a ton!

8/14/2019 8:39 pm  #6

Looking at the map, I think the peninsula to the "west" of Khromarium would be ideal. It's not the Lug but the travel to those hills would take the upper crust through it. However, I think the peninsula could be reached within a day or two of travel.

Heck, if it's a special enough of a hunt the island to the "southeast" of Khromarium and "south" of Stonebrook could be a sanctuary specifically maintained for this. The downside is having to sail to it, but hey, party barges ahoy.

What? Me worry?

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.