!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/20/2014 6:34 pm  #21

Re: Alteration of Classes

RedJowel wrote:

Im also in a good situation as we are traveling with a band of mook vikings, and  I make a point to call sheild wall and use heroic fighting at every oppurtunity,  Not that fighters will always have that option,  but  being preapred to use these tactics has allowed the party to accomplish raids far beyond the reach of the PCs alone, and what i think our gm originally intended to be a cluster of useless NPCs that served to get us from one place to another and die has become an indispencible fighting force using just basic tactics.  I only just hit level three, and I never outperform everyone else at anything, but there is something to be said about being that level headed chieftain-esque warrior who keeps the party togethor and is respected by all

Way to use the NPCs, heh! Although I always hire as many as I can when playing in capitalbill's OD&D game, my general impression after a few years reading the forums is that they're underused as a low-level resource in most campaigns. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know.

Anyway, welcome aboard!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

4/21/2014 2:05 pm  #22

Re: Alteration of Classes

Thanks everyone! Great game with an equally awesome community, glad to be a part

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.