!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/01/2019 7:11 am  #1

Hyperborean Black Ruins:

Hyperborean Black Ruins

An adventure for my Black Marshes setting, but of course could be adapted to any location.

This is adapted by me from one Corey Ryan Walden's work called by the same name (shown here on this forum). I enjoyed the scenario as it included a region, which I was happy to incorporated into the Black Marshes and this made it a very interesting piece of work as it generates some history for the land around the ruins.

I been planning this for years, so good to finally finish it.

Black Ruins: Here:

4/01/2019 9:57 pm  #2

Re: Hyperborean Black Ruins:

Thanks, I am always looking for good content. Morikel Vheez will serve as a hook since that House features prominently in my campaign.

4/02/2019 5:48 am  #3

Good stuff brock

10/10/2019 4:08 pm  #4

Instead of binge-reading the entire forums I've been consuming a bit at a time, like a grab bag.  So I just came across this gem, and it's now in my short queue of stuff to run while my group are still low level!

Three questions.  (Chainsaw, or anyone that's undertaken to run this adventure, please chime in!)

1). Where on the Hyperborea Map would you place the Black Marshes region? 

2). Aside from rumours of the wicked outlaw Hrólfr, can you recommend any other plot hooks suitable to bring typical AS&SH adventurers to the region, or to the Black Ruin specifically?

3). Just what is it about the Vheez family, anyway? 

6/26/2020 2:57 am  #5

Cheers, never saw this post Q.

I think its the Vvvvzzzz sound it generate is just so appealing!

7/28/2020 5:48 pm  #6

Slight Error:

While chatting with Gizmo in another post, I realised I do my combat differently and did not realises I was adding it to any scenario I did. Thankfully it only this one and the 'Drum of Death,' scenario, rest seem fine.

But I was adding FA (used as an attack bonus) and modifiers to characters attacks and applying to only the  FA 0 line.

So have change format in scenario here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/07zwpw7hqqgw0c8/The_Black_Ruins_-_AS%2526SH.pdf/file

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.