!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/31/2019 2:57 pm  #1

Cecil Con VI April 12-13th

For those in the area of Cecil MD, I will be running ASSH at Cecil Con VI April 12-13th!
The link below will take you to the sign-up page!

http://www.cecil-con.com/tabletop-lounge/#1549657918696-9253c2f6-fd63

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

4/01/2019 7:21 am  #2

Re: Cecil Con VI April 12-13th

Argh. Same weekend as Mepacon up in Scranton that I attend twice a year. Otherwise I'd drive out to your neck of the woods.

4/01/2019 10:34 am  #3

Sounds cool, Morgan. What are you running?

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

4/01/2019 12:17 pm  #4

I'll be running "A Night at the Ptarmigan" The players gather at the Ptarmigan as retired adventurers to choose among 6 adventure vignettes to recall fondly and replay. Their memories aren't always perfect at 80+ years of age and so they have memory bennies to change a scene if something goes "wrong".

While in my soul forever

4/01/2019 1:05 pm  #5

I had a chance to play Night at the Ptarmigan a few weeks ago at a local con. Mabon has a really cool concept for a series of adventures with a fun mechanic to really make the scenarios work. If you ever get a chance play it.

4/01/2019 1:58 pm  #6

Concur: it's a really cool conceit, and I thought it was interesting that we used only 1 bennie through three vignettes, and "realistically" fled the last one, as if we could actually have died (when our reserve of 5 bennies would probably have been enough for all kinds of crazy "No, I remember it *this* way..."). 

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

4/01/2019 2:58 pm  #7

Its really funny when someone throws a bennie and the characters argue about the details as their 80-year-old selves!!  Thanks!

While in my soul forever

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.