!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/22/2019 6:34 pm  #1721

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Please give me a refresher of what I see in front of me. 

3/22/2019 6:35 pm  #1722

Warlock. Drink the potion and cross your fingers that it heals you.

3/22/2019 6:35 pm  #1723

Maybe this is a good place to rest and regain strength. Start a fire and chew on some food.?

3/22/2019 6:40 pm  #1724

Emral rubbing his eyes with his good arm.
2 bodies hanging on a rope through a hole in the ceiling.
a bad sword.
a bow.
two backpacks.
a burned mattress.
1 dead wolf.
burned books in stacks along walls.
a small metal bowl and several sticks of incense.
a door on the east wall.
a flaming sphered doorway on the north wall.
The room smells of flowers.

3/22/2019 6:55 pm  #1725

Iron Ranger wrote:

Emral rubbing his eyes with his good arm.
2 bodies hanging on a rope through a hole in the ceiling.
a bad sword.
a bow.
two backpacks.
a burned mattress.
1 dead wolf.
burned books in stacks along walls.
a small metal bowl and several sticks of incense.
a door on the east wall.
a flaming sphered doorway on the north wall.
The room smells of flowers.

Thanks for the recap
I want to light the incense

3/22/2019 8:58 pm  #1726

"First let's use that rabbit's foot"  Emral rubs his arm with the rabbit's foot.

He then takes up the potions and drinks one.

3/23/2019 9:55 pm  #1727

I am currently lighting the incense. Rabbit's foot is in my pocket.

3/23/2019 11:52 pm  #1728

Emral starts with the potion then, limping over to the satchel. However he could clearly use some help.

3/24/2019 11:19 am  #1729

achiriaco wrote:

I am currently lighting the incense. Rabbit's foot is in my pocket.

Malik lights the incense in the small bowl.
Sweet aromas fill in the room, clearly the source of the flowery scent.

3/24/2019 11:37 am  #1730

fireinthedust wrote:

Emral starts with the potion then, limping over to the satchel. However he could clearly use some help.

What potion are you talking about?

3/24/2019 11:55 am  #1731

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

What potion are you talking about?

The ones from the backpack of the bodies on the rope.  Desperate for some help and if the wolves return - which they are very likely to do given their numbers and their master- we’re as good as dead anyway.

3/24/2019 12:00 pm  #1732

Oh right. There are 3 phials of clear liquid.

Emral plus the cork stopper of one of them, gives a sniff: odorless.
Puts a drop on his tongue: tasteless.

3/24/2019 12:51 pm  #1733

Given his background as an alchemist, does he have any idea what it’s likely to be?  given the bodies are likely adventurers, looters, and the Picts were probably scouts (because a crappy sword means he favors the bow, plus the rope is a classic scouting trick, and they are not local hunters if they are climbing in through the roof); plus healing potions are a very common potion type?

3/24/2019 1:00 pm  #1734

fireinthedust wrote:

Given his background as an alchemist, does he have any idea what it’s likely to be? given the bodies are likely adventurers, looters, and the Picts were probably scouts (because a crappy sword means he favors the bow, plus the rope is a classic scouting trick, and they are not local hunters if they are climbing in through the roof); plus healing potions are a very common potion type?

This liquid has the properties of water. You don;t identify any of the magical concoctions you are familiar with from the small taste. And without your chemical testing lab and materials you cannot be positive what elements are present.

3/24/2019 2:38 pm  #1735

I want to examine the body of the dead wolf.

3/24/2019 4:14 pm  #1736

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

Given his background as an alchemist, does he have any idea what it’s likely to be? given the bodies are likely adventurers, looters, and the Picts were probably scouts (because a crappy sword means he favors the bow, plus the rope is a classic scouting trick, and they are not local hunters if they are climbing in through the roof); plus healing potions are a very common potion type?

This liquid has the properties of water. You don;t identify any of the magical concoctions you are familiar with from the small taste. And without your chemical testing lab and materials you cannot be positive what elements are present.

Emral drinks one vial.

3/24/2019 5:27 pm  #1737

The portion is barely enough to wet your whistle, but the liquid goes down smooth as glass, cool to the back of your throat, calming.
There is something that jogs Emral's knowledge, but he just can't place his finger on it...he searches his learnings...

d20.

3/24/2019 5:30 pm  #1738

achiriaco wrote:

I want to examine the body of the dead wolf.

The wolf has leaked out much blood, and it is congealed and freezing in the ragged fur.
The wolf has lesions all around its mouth, similar to that associated with the stories of the Green Death.
And you see huge raised growths near the back of its head.

3/24/2019 5:46 pm  #1739

Iron Ranger wrote:

The portion is barely enough to wet your whistle, but the liquid goes down smooth as glass, cool to the back of your throat, calming.
There is something that jogs Emral's knowledge, but he just can't place his finger on it...he searches his learnings...

d20.

D20: 2

3/24/2019 6:27 pm  #1740

The coolness in the back of Emral's throat becomes more intense!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.