!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/17/2019 8:21 am  #1661

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

We are just waiting for Malak's round 5 info.

3/18/2019 9:28 am  #1662

Continue to attack the alpha while I defend against the attackers:
Init: 6
Attack: 14
Attack: 4+1

3/18/2019 12:19 pm  #1663

achiriaco wrote:

Continue to attack the alpha while I defend against the attackers:
Init: 6
Attack: 14
Attack: 4+1

Malak wins the initiative,
You can attack the alpha on phase 1, and defend against the other 11 wolves on phase 2.

You succeed in another well-paced stab!

3/18/2019 12:22 pm  #1664

fireinthedust wrote:

Emral tries to bite again, sensing that he'd better smack this alpha around and *become* the pack's alpha, or he's going to be torn to shreds by the rest of the pack.

Initiative:  d6: 6  
Attack:  d20: 7

Emral - sensing that biting might not be the path to victory, plans to just swing the alpha around for a slam against the ground, when he gets a chance.

Emral ties Malak for intiative!

The warlock swings the alpha up and around for a smash against the ground JUST AS MALAK PLUNGES THE MAGIC DAGGER, which causes it to be yanked out of his hand!

But the alpha gets its hindquarters down in time against the stone floor - REGAINING ITS FOOTING!

3/18/2019 12:26 pm  #1665

Most of the other 11 wolves are shocked by the turn of events and remain unsure how to react.

But the 4 nearest Malak seize the opportunity and successfully strike!

17,19,20,17!

the teeth rip rip flesh for a BLOODBATH of:

1,,3,6+2,2

14 damage on the poor thief!!!!

3/18/2019 1:49 pm  #1666

Is the alpha still holding onto Emrals arm?

3/18/2019 6:22 pm  #1667

Yes, it landed on its hindquarters and regained traction, but so far it has yet to snap the warlock's arm in half with its powerful jaws of death.

Let's go to round 6.

Last edited by Iron Ranger (3/18/2019 6:23 pm)

3/18/2019 7:00 pm  #1668

Iron Ranger wrote:

Yes, it landed on its hindquarters and regained traction, but so far it has yet to snap the warlock's arm in half with its powerful jaws of death.

Let's go to round 6.

Can I use the previous rolls and actions to pin it against the wall, off its feet, and twist the collar with his other hand?

3/18/2019 7:04 pm  #1669

if that's what you want to do this round.

3/18/2019 8:52 pm  #1670

So Emral declares round 6 as

Emral is desperate but refuses to accept death. He twists the collar with his off hand to strangle the wolf, and turns to pin it against the wall with his body, pressing hard to hopefully crush ribs, or at least keep it off the ground so it cannot chomp down again.

Initiative: 1!
Attack d20: 17! Plus modifiers (+2?)
Second d20 in case we need it: 2? Maybe that’s a strength check roll under?

3/19/2019 9:57 am  #1671

I’m tempted to change the action to Emral grabbing the dagger in the alpha and attacking with it: grab and just pull it through the torso of the alpha.

Can I use the previous rolls (ie the 17 for the attack)?

Otherwise I have no clear idea about how to defeat the wolf as it’s not for sure gonna go down with the grappling.

3/19/2019 10:19 am  #1672

fireinthedust wrote:

I’m tempted to change the action to Emral grabbing the dagger in the alpha and attacking with it: grab and just pull it through the torso of the alpha.

Otherwise I have no clear idea about how to defeat the wolf as it’s not for sure gonna go down with the grappling.

Rather than keep letting the game get ahead of itself, let's just scrap your previous pre-called round.
So everything stays square: please restate Emral's round 6 intentions and re-roll.  

3/19/2019 1:26 pm  #1673

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

Emral is going to grab the dagger and carve up the wolf . It’s already in its side, so he’s hoping it will be easier to tear through the wolf.  Emral is fighting for his life, and to save his arm.

D20: 6. Plus whatever. Drat.
Rather than keep letting the game get ahead of itself, let's just scrap your previous pre-called round.
So everything stays square: please restate Emral's round 6 intentions and re-roll.  

3/19/2019 2:31 pm  #1674

Init 5
Pull out a torch and light it with tinderbox
While defending myself with the torch
Will this be possible in one round?

3/19/2019 2:44 pm  #1675

Forgot initiative for the failure: d6: 1!  Arrrgh!

don't light the torch:  Emral missed the dagger-grab, so maybe his fingers couldn't grip the hilt.  That means it's still in the side of the wolf. You could grab it and maybe use a backstab-like attack with your rogueish expertise?

3/19/2019 3:03 pm  #1676

achiriaco wrote:

Init 5
Pull out a torch and light it with tinderbox
While defending myself with the torch
Will this be possible in one round?

I retract my statement
Init 5
I pull out my red gem from my pocket and concentrate using the Blinding Beam Ability.
This should blind (and scare) the wolves in front of me. 30 feet long and 5 feet wide. I will wave it back and forth to get the effect of all of the creatures in my area.

3/19/2019 5:33 pm  #1677

You have the red gem from the graveyard, or a different red gem?

3/20/2019 8:49 am  #1678

[Hang on, let me check something in the referee's manual...]

3/20/2019 9:02 am  #1679

[Quick! While he’s distracted let’s give ourselves more muscles. And guns! And a chainsaw. He’ll never notice.]

3/20/2019 9:11 am  #1680

And the wolves roll......4!

Malak pulls a red gemstone from his pocket, and a brilliant burst of red hued beam explodes from it!
Malak waves the stone through the air - directing its strong blinding cone of light to the cowering wolves eyes. 

Immediately they run, blinded and banging into each other and the walls trying desperately to find the exit. Outside they bark loudly to the remaining pack in  the courtyard! and all escape through the darkness of the cemetery.

As the alpha twists his head to see what the hell is happening, Emral notices a small burst of light from the gem on the feral beast's collar and suddenly the gemstone extinguishes!

Sensing grave danger the alpha bolts - disappearing through the burned out doorway and off into the night!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.