!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/06/2018 2:54 pm  #1

CONAN back at Marvel

Is this true, there will be 3 new Conan titles at Marvel? Anybody know anything?

8/06/2018 5:07 pm  #2

Re: CONAN back at Marvel

Pretty sure he's a poster here, but I'll share his blog anyway.  Best source of Conan news I know of is the G+ Conan the Cimmerian Blog.  He's got some recent posts on it, but I think information is fairly scarce other than yes, there are 3 new Conan comics coming from Marvel.

8/06/2018 7:43 pm  #3

Thanks, man. I'll definitely check this out!

1/13/2019 11:09 am  #4

I just went to my comic book store yesterday and added this new series to my pull list. Haven't finished reading it but it is good so far.
Issue #1 was released on Jan 2, 2019
Issue #2 drops Jan 16, 2019
Issue #3 drops Feb 6, 2019
and then it continues monthly after that. (Mar 6, 2019)

Here is the cover of #1
[img]http://i64.tinypic.com/2iwaowm.jpg[[/img]
Here is the link from Marvel website
https://comicstore.marvel.com/Conan-The-Barbarian-2019-1/digital-comic/50327?r=1

1/13/2019 1:04 pm  #5

Thanks for pointing out this comic out. I'll take a look!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

1/13/2019 6:11 pm  #6

I've been with this book since I was a kid, from marvel to dark horse and now back again!
Only wish they'd have used consistent numbering and brought it back as 276!!!

Can't wait to get my greedy paws on SAVAGE SWORD next month and AGE OF in March!

1/14/2019 7:10 am  #7

I haven't had a comic pull for years, but I went in last week and created one just for these Conan titles, they better not disappoint. I got away from comics because of the politics injected in them... so I hope that Conan doesn't all of a sudden become a pink unicorn in these books!  

Del Teigeler, Illustrator
mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com

2/14/2019 6:57 pm  #8

Just picked up the pull.
Gotta say  - not in love with mastheads for Barbarian or Savage sword, but will dig in this weekend and see what's what.

2/15/2019 1:17 pm  #9

I read through the first one. Meh. The art is okay, but at times seems a bit wonky, arms going in wrong directions, sort of manga-esq in my opinion, definately not buscema/alcala. To me conan will always be black and white. I think the only color book that I thought was okay was the Cary Nord books where it was muted colors over pencil. 

The overall story was okay, seems like they are skirting the REH stories with interwoven ones that seem to dance around the canon. We'll see how it ends up and whether I decide to stay with it. No politics yet, so I will grab it on a month to month basis.

They certainly are not abiding by any sort of comics code, as there was plenty of gore and even a boob or two....

Del Teigeler, Illustrator
mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com

2/19/2019 3:22 am  #10

Got the first three.  Didn't grab me, not getting any more.

2/22/2019 5:52 pm  #11

I have read a couple issues and going to pick up the rest of my current pull today. I will continue to get them. I do say I like the dark horse series better (so far).

2/23/2019 5:08 pm  #12

You guys aren't making me want to crack these covers...

2/24/2019 7:37 am  #13

mavfire wrote:

To me conan will always be black and white.

Savage Sword, black and white, back in the day was the best. Though I am enjoying the new series so far.

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

3/11/2019 10:14 am  #14

I am also enjoying the new Savage Sword series.

3/11/2019 12:07 pm  #15

Finally, cracked Barbarian #1. hate that bubblegum art, hate the bubbly lettering, and sadly jason aaron just doesn't hold up to the canon.  I'm OUT!

3/15/2019 10:27 am  #16

Savage Sword is little better, but just going to re-read the original runs...again.

3/15/2019 3:22 pm  #17

Iron Ranger wrote:

Savage Sword is little better, but just going to re-read the original runs...again.

I agree. Savage seems a little better.
I am partial to the DH run

3/15/2019 6:21 pm  #18

Yes. I loved the Busiek/Nord and Truman/Giorello runs.
but call me crazy - the Roy Thomas return was a complete bust!
and then Wood kept the ball rolling downhill...
Total crash after him.

4/13/2019 5:24 pm  #19

I've not been overly impressed with the new Marvel Conan material, but I've been following the first few issues. Gives me some game ideas, if nothing else.

I did treat myself to their new Savage Sword of Conan Omnibus, and that's just a fantastic collection of the classic magazines - comics, articles, etc. 

4/13/2019 7:50 pm  #20

Yeah, I'm bailing.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.