!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/06/2019 3:03 pm  #1581

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Emral looks at the piles of books for anything interesting.

3/06/2019 4:49 pm  #1582

achiriaco wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

achiriaco wrote:

The room should be nice and toasty from the fireball Emril cast.

It was a Flaming Sphere. Long expelled.
However the bed might warm you, it's still on fire.

I look under it. Being careful. And warming my hands as I go

It's just a crude smoldering mattress. There is nothing under it, but there is some parchment between the mattress and the west wall.

3/06/2019 4:51 pm  #1583

fireinthedust wrote:

The books are badly burned. A quick perusal reveals poetry about the gods set to music.

3/06/2019 5:07 pm  #1584

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

The books are badly burned. A quick perusal reveals poetry about the gods set to music.

ooc: knowing AS&SH's pantheon, I'm guessing it's a copy of the King in Yellow.  

Emral puts out the fires as well as he can, then keeps looking.

Is it just a pile by the door, or across the other wall?

Anything found by Malak under the bed?

3/06/2019 5:27 pm  #1585

Iron Ranger wrote:

achiriaco wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

It was a Flaming Sphere. Long expelled.
However the bed might warm you, it's still on fire.

I look under it. Being careful. And warming my hands as I go

It's just a crude smoldering mattress. There is nothing under it, but there is some parchment between the mattress and the west wall.

I examine the parchment between the mattress and the west wall.

3/06/2019 5:40 pm  #1586

Actually Emral is just going to climb up the rope with the bodies.

What should I roll?

3/06/2019 7:07 pm  #1587

The parchment is a rolled up scroll. There are 2 distinct writings on it. One looks original and one is writing between the lines and in the margins of the first.

There is more ripped up parchment in the space.

3/06/2019 7:08 pm  #1588

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

ooc: knowing AS&SH's pantheon, I'm guessing it's a copy of the King in Yellow.  

Emral puts out the fires as well as he can, then keeps looking.

Is it just a pile by the door, or across the other wall?

The books are all the same. There are many piles along the south and east walls.
Anything found by Malak under the bed?

3/06/2019 7:10 pm  #1589

fireinthedust wrote:

Actually Emral is just going to climb up the rope with the bodies.

What should I roll?

Emral abandons his fascination with the burned books and attempts to hoist himself up over the body hanging at 6ft.
The reach is difficult overhead. Plus your pack, weapons and armor weight.

roll d12 a few times.

3/06/2019 8:42 pm  #1590

Iron Ranger wrote:

The parchment is a rolled up scroll. There are 2 distinct writings on it. One looks original and one is writing between the lines and in the margins of the first.

There is more ripped up parchment in the space.

I try to decipher the scroll.
Roll 10

3/06/2019 8:46 pm  #1591

Malak isn;t well versed in magical writings but the script looks clerical, the handwritten magical symbols in the margins look written in blood and your heart muscle constricts just gazing upon it.

Last edited by Iron Ranger (3/06/2019 9:13 pm)

3/06/2019 9:08 pm  #1592

What about the other scraps you mentioned? I did through them and check for any importance. If not, I will get bored with them and put them in my pack for later observation.

3/06/2019 9:12 pm  #1593

achiriaco wrote:

What about the other scraps you mentioned? I did through them and check for any importance. If not, I will get bored with them and put them in my pack for later observation.

Those scraps look like more of the same. These parchments have been torn to bits.

3/06/2019 11:10 pm  #1594

Iron Ranger wrote:

achiriaco wrote:

Those scraps look like more of the same. These parchments have been torn to bits.

Ok
I will save as much as I can.
And then cover the Warlock as he climbs.
Bow and arrow out.

3/07/2019 6:35 am  #1595

In order: 9, 5, 5, 5, 9.

3/07/2019 8:15 pm  #1596

Emral manages to hoist himself up above the first dead body, but his muscles tremble under his own weight as he struggles to gain more altitude. Slowly, he slides back down the gains he's made, landing on his butt on top of the dead body, like a swing seat.

3/08/2019 6:59 am  #1597

Iron Ranger wrote:

Emral manages to hoist himself up above the first dead body, but his muscles tremble under his own weight as he struggles to gain more altitude. Slowly, he slides back down the gains he's made, landing on his butt on top of the dead body, like a swing seat.

Ooc: Like... a wrecking ball?

Emral is clearly exhausted from the disease, as he has normally an athletic physique. He pauses for a moment, then reaches up to search the second body. He is thinking about pulling off the backpack and checking belt pouches, fingers for rings, etc.

3/08/2019 9:30 am  #1598

Now that he's assessing himself... Emral definitely feels flushed, his head pulses and his vision spins.

3/08/2019 10:20 am  #1599

Emral will push himself to get the next body's backpack off, then he'll slip down carefully and have a rest.

"We need a minute, that's for sure. Then you try. So far no animated bodies. Plus the ones we've met haven't been subtle. These guys were here after the fire, probably treasure hunters who got killed by that glyph spell's storm."

3/08/2019 1:17 pm  #1600

quick character portraits for us but via Star Wars?  I think so!

The scene: https://www.instagram.com/p/BuwcJKvFyuM/

The rogues in question:  https://www.instagram.com/p/BuwcuemlELk/

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.