!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/19/2017 7:26 am  #1

Halls of Tizun Thane:

Adventures Suitable for Hyperborea

This is one of my favourite adventure, in fact after "The Search into the Unknown," it was my seconded adventure to GM, possibly about 38 years  ago abouts!

I thought to mention this as It is one based on Robert E. Howard's short story for Kull, the Mirrors of Tuzun Thune. And secondary is I just think it is a great adventure and there maybe others out there that agree with me!

Well I working at it to be part of my Grey Coast area, but renaming it "The Halls Tuzun Thune," and the sorcerer is still alive, so will add it later.

Last edited by Caveman (10/21/2017 5:37 am)

10/28/2017 8:48 pm  #2

Re: Halls of Tizun Thane:

That's a great idea! I am busy populating Hyperborea with a few new areas taken from the work of Robert E. Howard as well as my own imagination. I think my group is looking forward to playing the adventures I create - supposing of course their current characters survive the predicament they are currently in...

“The more I see of what you call civilization, the more highly I think of what you call savagery!” 
― Robert E. HowardKing Kull
www.skelospress.com

10/29/2017 7:10 am  #3

Brule Spear-Slayer wrote:

That's a great idea! I am busy populating Hyperborea with a few new areas taken from the work of Robert E. Howard as well as my own imagination. I think my group is looking forward to playing the adventures I create - supposing of course their current characters survive the predicament they are currently in...

Cheers Brule, I plan to make Thune Lemurian form Joseph D. Salvador's "Forgotten Fane," and maybe an Illusionist.

Yeah, I a great Howard fan myself, Conan orientated mostly, but this other works are indeed interesting, in fact extremely interest, just no not have the time to study them more! Incorporating things like Xuthal and the slithering shadow to Hyperborea would be a joy! The mind boggles!

Ah, a bold adventurer knows when to run away, and if not; Splat!!!

I added more maps to my Blackmarsh post in campaigns: Southland; where Tuzun Thune's abode is and a small close in shot of the area.

11/01/2017 3:55 pm  #4

Blimey - funny what one does not forget.  Not thought about this scenario in years, but 'ping' - mention it and it all comes flooding back.  Loved this scenario from WD magazine.  Must dig it out of the attic and check it out again.  I was unaware of the REH connection - will check out that story. Thanks for the pointer. 

2/14/2019 3:24 pm  #5

That’s fantastic - thanks Caveman!

(Looking at this again, it seems like only yesterday.... How the years fly by.)

2/14/2019 7:44 pm  #6

Message upthread by Caveman has been deleted, fellows.

Sorry, gentlemen, but no links to pirated material at the forum, please. 

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

2/15/2019 6:06 am  #7

Hmm, did not think a link to my forum was against the eternal laws. Can even imagine that WD would have appreciate my effort to keep their adventure alive.

Still no problem, I tried. If people still want it, they know where to go...

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.