!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/02/2019 2:06 pm  #1281

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Agreed. Let's head out when you are ready.
I check all of my gear and make sure my energy is good with eating and drinking.
How is the fire doing? It feels great to me.

2/03/2019 5:13 am  #1282

Emral eats and other preparation, readies spells, and off they go.

2/03/2019 12:33 pm  #1283

Let's head out as planned

2/03/2019 12:44 pm  #1284

After eating, Emral fills the extinguished lantern with the last of the oil and relight its welcome flame.They prep their weapons and packs.  

Emral and Malak go to the broken front doors of the church and step out into the dark night. High and distant you can see the blue light again in the sky, moving away. The pitched howl of the winds of Boreas swirl the snow into your faces. The sting of cold grips Malak but Emral feels it not. Malak shrugs and pulls his leather tighter at his throat to keep his feeble warmth within. 

Emral holds the lantern forward and they move along the east side of the church wall toward the south, huddled together against the stone struggling slowly. It seems Boreas himself pushes back with each step.

2/03/2019 1:09 pm  #1285

Keep moving forward. Looking for tracks in the snow

2/03/2019 5:27 pm  #1286

They reach the corner of the church with great effort where Emral shines his lantern down at the snow to help Malak look for tracks, but the swirling snow makes it impossible for the hapless thief to read the ground.

The darkness of this night presses more that the last, and Emral struggles more than before to press on. The south side of the church's stone wall extends west into the night as far as the lantern shines.

2/04/2019 11:15 am  #1287

“Continue to the end of the wall, then we’ll see into the cemetery and maybe the courtyard. If the back fence has a gap, we can head over to the bell tower. I suspect the dome chamber is directly below it or something else. But I’m still feeling sick, so let’s not push it too hard.”

2/04/2019 2:20 pm  #1288

The lantern flickers in the strong winds as the luckless pair move down the 60 ft of the southern wall.
Around the southwest corner, there 5 ft away starts the cemetery's wrought iron fence, the tall grasses beyond whipping to and fro against the tombstones. The fence extends to the west - as you well remember.

2/04/2019 3:59 pm  #1289

Iron Ranger wrote:

The lantern flickers in the strong winds as the luckless pair move down the 60 ft of the southern wall.
Around the southwest corner, there 5 ft away starts the cemetery's wrought iron fence, the tall grasses beyond whipping to and fro against the tombstones. The fence extends to the west - as you well remember.

Can I get a visual?
Map update?

2/04/2019 4:00 pm  #1290

draw it. 60 ft of wall.

2/04/2019 4:01 pm  #1291

Iron Ranger wrote:

draw it. 60 ft of wall.

Emril is the mapper

2/04/2019 4:09 pm  #1292

achiriaco wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

draw it. 60 ft of wall.

Emril is the mapper

Love his maps! Hope he lives long enough for me to see the final version!

Last edited by Iron Ranger (2/04/2019 4:09 pm)

2/04/2019 4:51 pm  #1293

Emral moves forward, towards the end of the wall.  His hope is to see around the side of it.

ooc:  Is it 60ft from the bottom left corner of the temple?  So the 40ft of the temple, then 20ft beyond that?  I'm having trouble uploading my maps, which so far are done.  I don't want to clog the IG account, but the website's photo posting isn't working.

2/04/2019 4:53 pm  #1294

fireinthedust wrote:

Emral moves forward, towards the end of the wall.  His hope is to see around the side of it.

ooc:  Is it 60ft from the bottom left corner of the temple?  So the 40ft of the temple, then 20ft beyond that?  I'm having trouble uploading my maps, which so far are done.  I don't want to clog the IG account, but the website's photo posting isn't working.

Already peered around the corner in last post (1288). You see the fence of the cemetery. The entire wall was 60 ft long.

Last edited by Iron Ranger (2/04/2019 4:54 pm)

2/04/2019 4:56 pm  #1295

Also, I am assuming Emral leads with his lantern against the swirling snow of this night. 
No weapons drawn. 

Correct me as necessary.

2/04/2019 5:17 pm  #1296

Iron Ranger wrote:

Also, I am assuming Emral leads with his lantern against the swirling snow of this night. 
No weapons drawn. 

Correct me as necessary.

I have my bow ready

2/04/2019 5:18 pm  #1297

achiriaco wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

No weapons drawn. 

Correct me as necessary.

I have my bow ready

Where is arrow #7?

2/05/2019 6:41 am  #1298

Sword is drawn for sure. That’s the beauty of the bastard sword: one and two hands.

2/05/2019 10:18 am  #1299

Iron Ranger wrote:

achiriaco wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

No weapons drawn. 

Correct me as necessary.

I have my bow ready

Where is arrow #7?

FYI, When someone says "I have my bow ready" you can assume it includes and arrow with it. Malak is not going to try to pick the monster's nose with his bow.

2/05/2019 10:22 am  #1300

Here's the basement as mapped by me.  Unsure if it's accurate, but it's what I got.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.