!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/08/2018 6:48 pm  #1

Cold Skin (2017)

Plot: In 1914, a young man arrives at a remote island near the Antarctic Circle to take the post of weather observer only to find himself trapped in a watchtower besieged by deadly creatures which live in hiding on the island.

Anyone watch this flick? It was pretty good and had a bit of a Lovecraftian feel to it, at least in the beginning.

12/09/2018 7:58 am  #2

Re: Cold Skin (2017)

Interesting! I will check it out. Thanks man.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

1/13/2019 11:23 am  #3

Re: Cold Skin (2017)

Watched this on Shudder last night.  Great, creepy setup, but I thought the movie lost a bit of steam as it dragged along.  I agree that the premise could be easily adapted for an AS&SH adventure.  Along these lines I've long had dreams of adapting parts of the Call of Cthulhu adventures "Beyond the Mountains of Madness" for a fantasy setting and seeing this film brings this to mind.  I'll soon be getting my copy of Realms of Crawling Chaos for Labyrinth Lord, so that may add more potential ideas.  I'm thinking this can fit somewhere into my Dark Treasury campaign arc.  So many ideas, so little time...

"Could you fancy me as a pirate bold?  Or a longship Viking warrior with the old gods on his side?  Well, I'm an inshore man and I'm nobody's hero.  But I'll make you tight for a windy night and a dark ride."--Jethro Tull

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.