!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/09/2018 12:01 pm  #661

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Malak at full 9.
Emral at 7/14.

12/09/2018 2:48 pm  #662

I feel good and warm

12/09/2018 5:38 pm  #663

I’m for resting one more increment, and then going.

12/09/2018 5:47 pm  #664

You are both jolted awake by the sound of a door slamming.
You don't know long you've been asleep, but it can't have been long, based on your disorientation upon waking.

12/09/2018 8:18 pm  #665

Iron Ranger wrote:

You are both jolted awake by the sound of a door slamming.
You don't know long you've been asleep, but it can't have been long, based on your disorientation upon waking.

I open my eyea

12/09/2018 8:38 pm  #666

Still dark. You hear footsteps in the dirt below the high windows on the left wall.  The door in the right corner of right wall remains closed. Emral is ripping sleep from his eyes and cursing how damn  close he was to getting another dHD+ Con bonus!

12/09/2018 11:50 pm  #667

Iron Ranger wrote:

Still dark. You hear footsteps in the dirt below the high windows on the left wall.  The door in the right corner of right wall remains closed. Emral is ripping sleep from his eyes and cursing how damn  close he was to getting another dHD+ Con bonus!

I climb walls to the window to look out. Rolled a 4

12/10/2018 12:40 am  #668

It's very dark but you can just make out the belfry to the left, and the tombstones in the cemetery to the right, impossible to see down to the ground below the windows from this angle.

12/10/2018 1:03 am  #669

Iron Ranger wrote:

It's very dark but you can just make out the belfry to the left, and the tombstones in the cemetery to the right, impossible to see down to the ground below the windows from this angle.

I stay still and hear noise. Rolled a 3

12/10/2018 9:34 am  #670

You hear the tiniest squeal of light metal rub together then a latch clang from far side of the cemetery area.

12/10/2018 11:12 am  #671

Emral grumbles and gets up, draws his sword, and moves forward.  "Okay, so do we move into the pool? Where's that noise coming from?"

12/10/2018 2:03 pm  #672

fireinthedust wrote:

Emral grumbles and gets up, draws his sword, and moves forward.  "Okay, so do we move into the pool? Where's that noise coming from?"

Sounds like the cemetary gate opened.

12/10/2018 5:00 pm  #673

Malak's muscle begin to tremble up there. Roll d12.

12/10/2018 5:40 pm  #674

"Let's go down into the pool, then. If whatever spirits animated these bones are likewise in the graveyard, we'll have an army upon us faster than we can beat them away. We'll go down into the pool then close the door behind us. Bring some of this wood, too, and the skins. In case we're down there for a while."

12/10/2018 9:16 pm  #675

You can't be sure Malak heard you, he's trembling trying to hang onto the window ledge - 12 feet up.
[anticipating d12]

12/10/2018 11:05 pm  #676

Iron Ranger wrote:

You can't be sure Malak heard you, he's trembling trying to hang onto the window ledge - 12 feet up.
[anticipating d12]

I climb down. Roll a 4

12/10/2018 11:06 pm  #677

fireinthedust wrote:

"Let's go down into the pool, then. If whatever spirits animated these bones are likewise in the graveyard, we'll have an army upon us faster than we can beat them away. We'll go down into the pool then close the door behind us. Bring some of this wood, too, and the skins. In case we're down there for a while."

I will follow you to the pits of the abyss

12/11/2018 6:48 am  #678

They head over to the pool with their things and some firewood and the furs.

Emral dresses in his armor and is getting otherwise battle ready.

12/11/2018 11:48 am  #679

Leaving the comfort of the fire behind just a few short hours short of a second much-needed rest, Emral and Malak stare down into the now empty pool on the raised pulpit.

The pool is constructed of the same hardwoods as the pulpit, though made watertight through a coating of hard waxes. It is 6 ft x 4 ft wide, 4 ft. deep. There is an iron sluice grate on the left side bottom around 18 inches squared. 

12/11/2018 2:24 pm  #680

Emral has a lantern ready and nods to malak to head down.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.