!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/18/2017 5:42 am  #21

Re: 82,944 Premade Starting Characters for AS&SH

It's been a very popular resource! 

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

11/21/2018 1:41 pm  #22

You can do whatever you want with it as far as I'm concerned.

You might see if Jeff objects, since it's his IP.

ETA: I swear there was a comment there a minute ago!

Last edited by Blackadder23 (11/21/2018 1:43 pm)

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

11/21/2018 1:42 pm  #23

I have been so free to put the info from the Waifs of Borea characters into an excel so one can create characters by pressing "f9", even more characters can be created now as I have it search within the confines of the race and gender table for all the attributes(chooses one of 12 separately for name, height age etc. within the Common Male table for instance). If people are interested I can upload it but I would like that "Blackadder23"/Ben and Jeff look at it first to see whether they want their work used and distributed this way.

11/21/2018 1:44 pm  #24

^
I don't have any objections. I make this stuff so other people can do what they want with it.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

11/21/2018 9:30 pm  #25

It's fine. Have fun with it.  

11/22/2018 9:49 am  #26

So see if this works for you:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yzCzmJaq9XmqFtB934qwDtYkpiNs5rcN/view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yzCzmJaq9XmqFtB934qwDtYkpiNs5rcN/view

sheet 1 has the race kits, sheet 2 the class kits, sheet 3 some calculations and randomizer functions, the charactersheet will show the resulting character, pressing F9 will generate a new one. The fastest way to generate a group of characters is to press f9, select all, copy and <paste special>, values only in another tab or file and repeat.

It's pretty low tech and crude but it works great. I could of course change the sheet to use the original height, weight and age tables in stead of picking results from the samples from "Waifs" but that's for another time maybe.

Feel free to request additions or changes and thanks for giving me such a great set of sample character characteristics to start with !

11/22/2018 3:20 pm  #27

Ha! That's awesome. Thanks!
If I make a new version that includes the classes from 2e, which I've been considering, I will probably just use the height and weight tables in the hardback that aren't dependent on ability scores. Modifying height and weight for those is a cool addition and adds a little "realism", but in retrospect it also adds a probably needless complication. Live and learn!

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

11/22/2018 9:32 pm  #28

Great stuff! Another take on a great resource.

11/22/2018 9:38 pm  #29

Thanks ArjenL!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

11/23/2018 6:53 am  #30

Many thanks: extremely useful. 

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.