!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/11/2014 2:52 pm  #161

Re: The Black Monolith - Verctissa

Handy Haversack wrote:

Verctissa will grab the survivor and try to propel him into the room where Hrodney's friends are, saying that we should keep this one alive and quiet--and make sure her companions are OK. She'll also call Yiel back.

[Good luck with the fitting! I'm glad you're feeling better than you were last weekend.]

Yiel gives a cry and begins winging back upstairs while Hrodney turns and lunges with the hilt of her sword toward the tongueless Keltoi. 

(Roll to try and grapple with the Keltoi. NOTE: You are on the second floor landing and still need to ascend to the third floor where the private rooms are located (Verctissa's incldued). 

4/11/2014 2:54 pm  #162

JasonZavoda wrote:

Yiel gives a cry and begins winging back upstairs while Hrodney turns and lunges with the hilt of her sword toward the tongueless Keltoi. 

(Roll to try and grapple with the Keltoi. NOTE: You are on the second floor landing and still need to ascend to the third floor where the private rooms are located (Verctissa's incldued). 

Ah, OK, thanks for clearing that up. But the Keltoi came from upstairs, correct.

Grapple roll:

4/11/2014 2:59 pm  #163

Handy Haversack wrote:

JasonZavoda wrote:

Ah, OK, thanks for clearing that up. But the Keltoi came from upstairs, correct.

Grapple roll:

(sorry for the confusion, the Keltoi came upstairs. Verctissa and Hrodney were on the second floor common sleeping room, and were headed to the third floor, private rooms, when the Keltoi were at the 2nd floor landing (coming up) 

Verctissa is knocked back by the tonguless Keltoi as he lunges for her. His teeth clash together in front
of her face spraying her with blood while Hordney cracks him acorss the top of his head with the pommel of his sword. The blood soaked horror twists his head but seems unphased by the blow. Yiel comes flying up the well of the stairs.

(add 10xp to your character)

4/11/2014 3:02 pm  #164

JasonZavoda wrote:

(sorry for the confusion, the Keltoi came upstairs. Verctissa and Hrodney were on the second floor common sleeping room, and were headed to the third floor, private rooms, when the Keltoi were at the 2nd floor landing (coming up) 

Verctissa is knocked back by the tonguless Keltoi as he lunges for her. His teeth clash together in front
of her face spraying her with blood while Hordney cracks him acorss the top of his head with the pommel of his sword. The blood soaked horror twists his head but seems unphased by the blow. Yiel comes flying up the well of the stairs.

Got it--at least they probably haven't done in the wounded.

It's the whip again for this bastard. Also going to move so Hrodney and her armor are between him and Verctissa.

D20: 5.

Sigh.

4/11/2014 3:10 pm  #165

Handy Haversack wrote:

JasonZavoda wrote:

Got it--at least they probably haven't done in the wounded.

It's the whip again for this bastard. Also going to move so Hrodney and her armor are between him and Verctissa.

D20: 5.

Sigh.

Verctissa brings up her whip and the Keltoi lunges forward with his jaws wide, the bloody stump of his tongue like some decapitated from waggling in a pool of blood. Down comes Hrodney's pommels with a sound like a dropped melon and like a melon the Keltoi's skull cracks open. He falls against Vertissa blocking her whip and slides down her body to the ground. Hrodney bends and whips a black ichor from the hilt of her sword on the Keltoi's shirt.

"Sorry," she says and shrugs at Verctissa looking at the slain Keltoi's.

(add 335xp to your character)

4/11/2014 3:13 pm  #166

Does it seem to Verctissa that they Keltoi were possessed--or undead? That biting seems a bit dangerous. Plus, we seemed to be moving faster than they did, correct? Or does she not have any idea what might have been going on with them? But they definitely looked different than when she had first seen them, right? I recall there were some lascivious looks but no actual biting!

4/11/2014 3:33 pm  #167

Handy Haversack wrote:

Does it seem to Verctissa that they Keltoi were possessed--or undead? That biting seems a bit dangerous. Plus, we seemed to be moving faster than they did, correct? Or does she not have any idea what might have been going on with them? But they definitely looked different than when she had first seen them, right? I recall there were some lascivious looks but no actual biting!

Thinking back to this morning Verctissa remembers the six Keltoi even to their normal blue and gray and geen eyes, but these have eyes that were completely black, even the white bits were black. Luckily they moved with less skill and verve than might be expected and wounds that should have drawn yowls of pain were met with silence.

Hrodney pokes one of the leaking bodies with her sword. "We should ask Lodin, he may know about this. If Sibjla...," she begins, "Sibjla, I need to see to the others," Hrodney says and rushes up to the third floor.

4/11/2014 3:34 pm  #168

Yiel and Verctissa go with her.

4/11/2014 3:38 pm  #169

Handy Haversack wrote:

Yiel and Verctissa go with her.

At the top of the stairs there is a closed door to the north and halls to the east and west. Verctissa was given a private room to the east but Hrodney turns left and runs to the end of the hallway. five doors line the north wall, one against the west and four against the south. The last door on the south wall is where Hrodney races to a stop. She tries it and finds it locked. Bangs for a moment, shakes the door and backs up, prepared to slam against it.

4/11/2014 3:40 pm  #170

Are there windows in the hall and rooms? Yiel could scout and look in the room windows. If Verctissa knows that there are windows, she'll tell Hrodney to hold while Yiel looks. If not, she'll back Hrodney up, whip ready.

[Afraid I have to leave in a few minutes.]

4/11/2014 3:45 pm  #171

Handy Haversack wrote:

Are there windows in the hall and rooms? Yiel could scout and look in the room windows. If Verctissa knows that there are windows, she'll tell Hrodney to hold while Yiel looks. If not, she'll back Hrodney up, whip ready.

[Afraid I have to leave in a few minutes.]

(See ya!)

The halls are lit by four glowing lanterns suspended from the ceiling but have no windows. 

Hrodney slams once against the door then backs up and kicks. It gives a little, and she kicks again springing the lock. Jumping into the room she sees four beds with three occupents sitting up. A young woman with long blond hair is nearest.

"Hridney!" she says. "What in the Hels is going on?"

"Sibla," she cries and goes and hugs the woman.

"Okay big sister," says Sibja, "what has happened.?"

4/11/2014 11:54 pm  #172

"We must find their shaman. Join me as soon as you can, Hrodney, if your friends are well. There is at work here more than we know."

And head downstairs!

4/12/2014 12:06 am  #173

Handy Haversack wrote:

"We must find their shaman. Join me as soon as you can, Hrodney, if your friends are well. There is at work here more than we know."

And head downstairs!

Verctissa flies down the stairs avoiding the bodies of the slain Keltoi. At the bottom of the stairs are two young women and the three old men that Yiel spotted near the fire.

"What has happened?" squeaks one of the young women as she sees Verctissa and Yiel tearing down the stairs.

4/12/2014 12:09 am  #174

"It is trouble, but it need not be yours. I need to know where Mikael and the Keltoi shaman is--the man with the marks on his face. Stay down here for now, but tell me where to find them. I will handle this."

4/12/2014 12:15 am  #175

Handy Haversack wrote:

"It is trouble, but it need not be yours. I need to know where Mikael and the Keltoi shaman is--the man with the marks on his face. Stay down here for now, but tell me where to find them. I will handle this."

"I will get Da!" says the younger of the two women and she races for the front door. 

"The Keltoi left earlier," says the other young woman.

"Three of them marched in a little after you and the Njord girl," says one of the older men.

From the stairs the sound of racing feet can be heard, but turning Verctissa catches sight of Hrodney punding down after. "Hel's you are quick," she says. "Everything is okday up there," she turns to the young woman, "except for a few Keltoi leaking on your stairs, Daza."

The woman's eyes go wide.

4/12/2014 12:23 am  #176

"Daza, that is for your father to handle," [I keep feeling like I'm acting CG instead of N, but this whole town seems to need a parent!], Verctissa says. "Did you hear Avertorix say where they were going when they left?"

4/12/2014 12:33 am  #177

Handy Haversack wrote:

"Daza, that is for your father to handle," [I keep feeling like I'm acting CG instead of N, but this whole town seems to need a parent!], Verctissa says. "Did you hear Avertorix say where they were going when they left?"

(Welcome to Mayberry)

"I haven't seen the Keltoi priest," says Daza,"but those others were around this morning."

"I saw the priest with the pack of them yesterday," says one of the old men.

"You are wounded," Daza says as she spots Hrodney's bleeding hand, "We can wait for my father at a table and I can get some bandages."

4/12/2014 12:41 am  #178

"Hrodney" [turning to her], "tell me--did one of them bite you, or was that from a weapon? It is crucial that I know now."

[I figure at some point I'll do something really mean to make up for all this helping. I keep waiting to see if I need to cast charm person, but I've been saving it for the meeting. Maybe it's New York stories, but I have thought about what an asset that spell would be at co-op board meetings!]

4/12/2014 12:45 am  #179

(It doesn't seem to be letting me quote for some reason) Verctissa looks at the long straight wound and Hrodney almost laughs. "Steel teeth maybe," she tells Verctissa, "Off that Keltoi's dagger. Did that one snapping at you whose head I broke bite you?" she asks in a teasing manner.

4/12/2014 12:50 am  #180

(I'm off to sleep. Seeya tomorrow)

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.