!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/24/2016 6:32 pm  #1

Conan the Adventurer - TV series

Complete run, from 1997/98. Looks pretty cheesy, but fantasy/Conan so hey.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzovi87vDfzI6SV_MxjoRenMyvjziShfA

I filled my palace with deadly traps so trap admirers will come and visit me

AFS magazine - pulp literature meets old school gaming http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/

5/24/2016 7:12 pm  #2

Re: Conan the Adventurer - TV series

I watched them all back in the day. The stories were actually interesting, but the lack of violence used to bother me. Still, I think I'd like to see them again, just like watching the old D&D cartoon again was fun. 

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

10/18/2018 4:31 am  #3

If you have a Roku or Amazon Fire the complete series is on a free channel called Hasbro Cartoons. I've been watching them like crazy. It's about as violent as the cartoons of the day (there is some death, though) and has an annoying sidekick animal but the show is surprisingly faithful to Howard's places, gods, etc. Plus that credits intro: CONAN! Mightiest warrior EVER!
I freely admit I'm biased to anything with Christy Marx's name on it.

"Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, it's not a game."  ~ Gary Gygax

10/18/2018 1:02 pm  #4

Oh, good to know!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

10/18/2018 7:20 pm  #5

Jimm.Iblis wrote:

...a free channel called Hasbro Cartoons.

Best..News.Today. 

5/10/2021 2:50 pm  #6

Hasbro channel is long gone but you can watch all 65 episodes on Tubi now. Either the Tubi channel on Roku/Amazon or on the web.
Mightiest cartoon EVER!

"Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, it's not a game."  ~ Gary Gygax

5/13/2021 7:58 am  #7

Going through all of the episodes now. just finished season 1, but season 2 is 52 episodes!!

EDIT>> 
Note the first 13 episodes (Season 1) were almost an hour-long (45 min of cartoon, figuring for 15 minutes of commercials). However the second season is only 22 minutes each, so they dropped to a 30-minute playtime with commercials on TV. Already on episode 18 today should have them all watched on Tuesday next week (watching while working).

Last edited by BlackKnight (5/14/2021 2:04 pm)

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

5/31/2021 4:14 pm  #8

BlackKnight wrote:

Going through all of the episodes now..

About to start rewatching them again. Watching them as a Howard fan is super-fun for the references. While the violence can never be more than any other kids' show the writers were clearly invested in remaining faithful and consistent to the Hyborian-age world.

12/17/2021 10:40 pm  #9

When I was a kid I used to get up at 4:45AM so I could watch this at 5:00AM when it came on. I think this is the main reason I started drinking coffee in 4th grade.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.