!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/20/2018 11:53 am  #421

Re: Introduction Thread

Pburke wrote:

francisca wrote:

Hi Paul!  Was nice to game with you at Gary Con!

It was great gaming with you!  Your Spinecastle game was really awesome, by the way, and it proved that a "Hyperborean" Greyhawk setting works extremely well.  I'm going to try to get a write-up of my Garycon experiences done within a week or two so I can share more details and opinions later.   Would you be up for a separate thread on "Making Greyhawk Hyperborean"?

Sure, but there really isn't a lot to it. 

I'm really glad you had a good time, and glad you find I did the setting justice.

Last edited by francisca (3/20/2018 11:55 am)

3/21/2018 12:12 am  #422

Hey guys, new guy in town. My name's Justin, I'm 21 and GMing a game for the first time by way of AS&SH. I've had light experience in D&D but just didn't find the atmosphere as satisfying. I'm a big fan of Lovecraft, Howard, CAS, and Ramsey Campbell, so when I found out about AS&SH via Kickstarter I was in love and knew I had to buy it.

I'm still extremely rough around the edges as a GM, and am having trouble understanding a lot of mechanics, leading me to use a lot of house rules in my game, but I'm doing the best I can. Look forward to learning from you guys!

3/21/2018 5:23 am  #423

Welcome Revengeancer! Glad to hear you have jumped in the deep end of the pool. Ask away with questions and we will try to help.

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

3/21/2018 6:59 am  #424

Great intro post Justin!
Sounds like you’ve got the spirit of it, so you’ll be fine!!
Be well and welcome!
—Ron—

"No interruptions! I am El Jefe!"
[url=www.unseenservant.us]Unseen Servant[/url] for all your PbP needs.

3/21/2018 11:21 am  #425

rredmond wrote:

Great intro post Justin!
Sounds like you’ve got the spirit of it, so you’ll be fine!!
Be well and welcome!
—Ron—

Yes, Ron makes a great point here! It's the spirit of the thing that matters the most. Feeling comfortable with the mechanics will come with repetition and experience, but with that solid understanding of the source literature at your fingertips, I'm certain that you will come up with fun and evocative gaming sessions. Welcome aboard!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

9/23/2018 11:06 am  #426

Hello, My name's Victor, from Chile, RPGing since 1991. Always rule-cooking and home-brewing. Hyperborea has been a success for us.I got the 1e by second hand. Now, looking for 2e.

9/23/2018 11:11 am  #427

ALCAVDON wrote:

Hello, My name's Victor, from Chile, RPGing since 1991. Always rule-cooking and home-brewing. Hyperborea has been a success for us.I got the 1e by second hand. Now, looking for 2e.

Welcome aboard, Victor. 

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

9/23/2018 11:41 am  #428

Chainsaw wrote:

ALCAVDON wrote:

Welcome aboard, Victor.

TY

9/23/2018 12:02 pm  #429

ALCAVDON wrote:

Welcome good sir!!

While in my soul forever

9/23/2018 12:19 pm  #430

ALCAVDON wrote:

Welcome ​ALCAVDON

9/23/2018 12:33 pm  #431

Welcome Victor! Great place to tool around!!
Be well,
--Ron--

10/08/2018 10:29 am  #432

Hi, my name is Arjen, originally from the Netherlands but I moved to USA, Connecticut a few years ago. I started with red box D&D (Dutch translation ) in the late 80s, moved to 1st ed, 2nd edition, 3rd ,4th, 5th and since this year original white box. I still DM and play 5th and try to run oD&D when possible. I also played and ran CoC and Vampire.

I attended this years Shirecon and was able to play my first game of AS&SoH at Jeff's table. Since then I ordered the book and I'm trying to round up some players at my local gameshop (Elm City, New Haven) to start a campaign.

10/08/2018 10:38 am  #433

Welcome ArjenL!! Good to have you!

While in my soul forever

10/08/2018 10:42 am  #434

Welcome Arjen!
Good luck with the campaign!!
--Ron--

10/08/2018 10:43 am  #435

Welcome  ArjenL

10/08/2018 5:10 pm  #436

Welcome ArjenL! I heard that was a great convention. 

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

10/08/2018 6:48 pm  #437

Great to have you, Arjen! Hope to see you at the tables at GaryCon or North Texas soon!

10/08/2018 10:04 pm  #438

Welcome Arjen!

10/08/2018 10:04 pm  #439

ALCAVDON wrote:

Welcome Victor!

10/26/2018 6:32 am  #440

Welcome Victor!

Del Teigeler, Illustrator
mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.