!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/03/2018 10:52 am  #181

Re: HYPERBOREA: Beasts and Cannibals

Great pics, Chainsaw, and thank you very much for the kind word, rhialto! Those are things we're striving for, and it can be very painstaking, so I appreciate the recognition!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

9/04/2018 9:42 pm  #182

Just received mine today. 
Another triumph for North Wind Adventures and everyone involved.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

9/05/2018 8:37 pm  #183

Blackadder23 wrote:

And congrats on 1000 posts, BA23! Thanks for staying so involved in this community!

9/05/2018 10:04 pm  #184

Iron Ranger wrote:

Blackadder23 wrote:

And congrats on 1000 posts, BA23! Thanks for staying so involved in this community!

Thanks!

And I managed to hold off on reading the adventures until I had the physical copies in my hands!

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

9/06/2018 9:26 am  #185

Blackadder23 wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

Blackadder23 wrote:

Thanks!

And I managed to hold off on reading the adventures until I had the physical copies in my hands!

I knew you had the mettle! The lack of numbering for these makes it way easier to break that plastic wrap!

9/11/2018 6:41 pm  #186

My group resumed our AS&SH game last night.  They were last adrift at sea and made land fall at Xambaala.  Our game has generally lacked much time spent in towns so they wanted to take advantage of all the drinking, carousing, and general debauchery (including some rolls on Colin Chapman's table).

I really like the way this module adds to the Hyperborea setting with a nicely designed city that feels alive with culture and interesting characters.  Although I'm looking forward to utilizing all the various dangers that the surrounding region provides, there's enough in Xambaala that I don't feel rushed at all to usher them out.  It'll be a good base of operations for them to keep returning to for a while.

We ended the session after they'd picked up some new friends at Saturn's Luck and decided to go grave robbing, so next week ought to be fun.

9/11/2018 7:06 pm  #187

under_score wrote:

My group resumed our AS&SH game last night.  They were last adrift at sea and made land fall at Xambaala.  Our game has generally lacked much time spent in towns so they wanted to take advantage of all the drinking, carousing, and general debauchery (including some rolls on Colin Chapman's table).

I really like the way this module adds to the Hyperborea setting with a nicely designed city that feels alive with culture and interesting characters.  Although I'm looking forward to utilizing all the various dangers that the surrounding region provides, there's enough in Xambaala that I don't feel rushed at all to usher them out.  It'll be a good base of operations for them to keep returning to for a while.

We ended the session after they'd picked up some new friends at Saturn's Luck and decided to go grave robbing, so next week ought to be fun.

Sounds great! I'm eager to start my game in Xambaala.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

9/11/2018 9:49 pm  #188

My copies are in the mail. We essentially wrapped up our Castles & Crusades campaign last weekend and we'll be switching to a mash-up of AS&SH and Labyrinth Lord Advanced (once the new combined volume is out).  We played "Black Moss Hag of Lug" over the summer and next we're doing Xambaala, then Ghost Ship of the Desert Dunes, I think.  Really looking forward to them based on what I've read here so far.

Last edited by Spider of Leng (9/11/2018 9:50 pm)

"Could you fancy me as a pirate bold?  Or a longship Viking warrior with the old gods on his side?  Well, I'm an inshore man and I'm nobody's hero.  But I'll make you tight for a windy night and a dark ride."--Jethro Tull

9/12/2018 10:19 pm  #189

Definitely loving these as usual!!

9/15/2018 6:49 pm  #190

Got mine yesterday and I'm about halfway through reading the Xambaala module.  Great mix of setting and adventure for low level PCs.  And the bullet points are helpful and unobtrusive.  We're mostly veteran players and DMs, but it's always interesting to see tweaks to the presentation of material.  Gonna run this followed by Ghost Ship of the Desert Dunes.

"Could you fancy me as a pirate bold?  Or a longship Viking warrior with the old gods on his side?  Well, I'm an inshore man and I'm nobody's hero.  But I'll make you tight for a windy night and a dark ride."--Jethro Tull

9/16/2018 7:18 am  #191

Spider of Leng wrote:

I'm about halfway through reading the Xambaala module.  Great mix of setting and adventure for low level PCs.

Agreed. Corey did a fantastic job. I'm looking forward to basing a new Roll20 campaign around it here in a few weeks.

Spider of Leng wrote:

Gonna run this followed by Ghost Ship of the Desert Dunes.

Fun! I have a mind to do the same. What's your segue?

9/16/2018 11:50 am  #192

Received mine last week while on vacation. Looks great.
Also excited about my "table copy" of 2e book which I ordered as an add-on.

9/16/2018 12:35 pm  #193

achiriaco wrote:

Received mine last week while on vacation. Looks great.
Also excited about my "table copy" of 2e book which I ordered as an add-on.

I'm sure you're gonna dig it! Welcome to the boards, achiriaco! 

9/16/2018 1:09 pm  #194

Welcome to the boards, achiriaco!

9/19/2018 9:15 am  #195

Chainsaw wrote:

Thanks. Hope to see you at NTRPG 2019 this year...

9/20/2018 7:24 am  #196

achiriaco wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

Thanks man - that's the plan now! Already have my room booked for it (and GaryCon), but work can always throw a last minute wrench in things, so fingers crossed.

9/20/2018 9:19 pm  #197

Chainsaw wrote:

achiriaco wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

Thanks man - that's the plan now! Already have my room booked for it (and GaryCon), but work can always throw a last minute wrench in things, so fingers crossed.

I know I missed you at GX this year. Iron Ranger got us set up for a couple "Off Grid" games with you.
Definitely hope we connect at NTRPG 2019

9/21/2018 10:02 pm  #198

Chainsaw wrote:

Spider of Leng wrote:

I'm about halfway through reading the Xambaala module.  Great mix of setting and adventure for low level PCs.

Spider of Leng wrote:

Gonna run this followed by Ghost Ship of the Desert Dunes.

Fun! I have a mind to do the same. What's your segue?

Not sure how I'll link them.  Since two of our PCs are from Khromarium, I might just have them go back there and run Ghost Ship as written.  Sometimes I create elaborate hooks, other times I make it more like serialized TV shows without explicit connections between every adventure.  I may have some subtle background themes or hooks that link to my evolving meta-plot, though.

9/27/2018 10:34 pm  #199

Just finished reading through Beasts of Kraggoth Manor.  Another fun-looking mid-level adventure.  Some very cool artwork.  Reminds me a  bit of the old Castle Amber with a bit more pulpy weirdness.  Looking forward to playing it down the road.  Need to find time to play the lower level modules first.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.