!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/30/2018 10:59 am  #121

Re: HYPERBOREA: Beasts and Cannibals

Yes, we are live! I've been sending batches all morning, but now DriveThru keeps crashing on me just as I go to send the final batch out -- to the people who wrote, edited, and illustrated these modules!

I'll have a more formal Kickstarter Update shortly...  

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

7/30/2018 11:05 am  #122

I wasn't expecting my pdfs this early, this is a pleasant surprise! Reading my copies now. 

I'd love to see more North Wind adventures inspired by the fiction of C.A.S., H.P.L., and R.E.H. 

7/30/2018 11:29 am  #123

Brock Savage wrote:

I wasn't expecting my pdfs this early, this is a pleasant surprise! Reading my copies now. 

I'd love to see more North Wind adventures inspired by the fiction of C.A.S., H.P.L., and R.E.H. 

We shall endeavor to do so!

7/30/2018 4:03 pm  #124

Well these are fantastic looking.  I put my AS&SH campaign on hold a couple months ago, but this is gonna require getting the band back together.  We left off with the party trying to get to Yithorium, but I think they're gonna find things in Xambaala pretty intriguing.

7/30/2018 7:51 pm  #125

AARRG! Tortured again! Swore from the very beginning never to read the pdfs first....but it's getting harder with every module release!

7/31/2018 6:26 am  #126

under_score wrote:

Well these are fantastic looking.  I put my AS&SH campaign on hold a couple months ago, but this is gonna require getting the band back together.  We left off with the party trying to get to Yithorium, but I think they're gonna find things in Xambaala pretty intriguing.

Yeah, you can say there are a few things going on there... ;)

7/31/2018 6:27 am  #127

Iron Ranger wrote:

AARRG! Tortured again! Swore from the very beginning never to read the pdfs first....but it's getting harder with every module release!

Tempting, eh?

7/31/2018 12:48 pm  #128

Ghul, the pdf for Xambaala has some mistakes with the bookmarks. There is no bookmark for Part IV, the levels of the Warlord's Palace are under the Anthropophagi Camp in Part III, and the appendices and OGL are under Part III as well.

Aside from that, this was a fun read, great art and maps, and I'm really looking forward to running it soon.

7/31/2018 1:41 pm  #129

Hi under_score,

I'm not seeing any of that from this end. What PDF reader do you use?

Cheers,
Jeff T.

7/31/2018 2:08 pm  #130

Ghul wrote:

Hi under_score,

Cheers,
Jeff T.

I tried it with both Adobe Acrobat and Sumatra and it's the same in both. I can shoot you a screenshot of what I'm seeing if it helps

7/31/2018 2:16 pm  #131

Iron Ranger wrote:

I made the same vow and have managed to keep it so far. We'll see how it goes this time...

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

7/31/2018 2:19 pm  #132

Ghul wrote:

Hi under_score,

Cheers,
Jeff T.

I just checked my pdf (in Adobe Reader) and I see the same issue that under_score reports.

Last edited by Blackadder23 (7/31/2018 2:38 pm)

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

7/31/2018 6:32 pm  #133

Hey, folks... your friendly neighbourhood editor here. I can confirm that there seem to be issues with the bookmarking in both modules downloaded from DriveThru/RPGNow. I tested every bookmark in both modules over the weekend, before Jeff uploaded them, and they worked fine. They must have been corrupted in the upload/download process with DriveThru/RPGNow. Jeff will investigate and try re-uploading the files tomorrow. Please stand by.

7/31/2018 7:41 pm  #134

Blackadder23 wrote:

Ghul wrote:

Hi under_score,

Cheers,
Jeff T.

I just checked my pdf (in Adobe Reader) and I see the same issue that under_score reports.

What?!?! BA23!! You broke the vow?!?!? IN 3 MINUTES?!?!?!

7/31/2018 7:43 pm  #135

Iron Ranger wrote:

Blackadder23 wrote:

Ghul wrote:

Hi under_score,

Cheers,
Jeff T.

Doesn't matter...I'm holding strong! Heading out to the mailbox again...

8/01/2018 4:51 am  #136

DMPrata wrote:

Hey, folks... your friendly neighbourhood editor here. I can confirm that there seem to be issues with the bookmarking in both modules downloaded from DriveThru/RPGNow. I tested every bookmark in both modules over the weekend, before Jeff uploaded them, and they worked fine. They must have been corrupted in the upload/download process with DriveThru/RPGNow. Jeff will investigate and try re-uploading the files tomorrow. Please stand by.

Hi DM, I still getting same problem as above, stated by under_score:

No Part IV, etc when I did new download of the upgrade from DriveThru…

8/01/2018 6:25 am  #137

Caveman wrote:

DMPrata wrote:

Hi DM, I still getting same problem as above, stated by under_score:

No Part IV, etc when I did new download of the upgrade from DriveThru…

This is something that is happening on the DriveThru / RPG Now side of things. My local files are perfect. When I upload them to DriveThru / RPGNow, the bookmarks appear to corrupt. I have not heard back from them. The ball is in their court at this point. 

8/01/2018 6:34 am  #138

I just heard back that they are on the case. Apparently, they utilize their own PDF flattening process that can sometimes mess with PDFs that bookmark objects. In our case, most of our bookmarks point to a line of text, but in some instances the bookmarks point to an object (a map, for instance). Apparently this can be a source of trouble.  Hopefully we'll have it resolved today, and I do apologize for any inconveniences that this has caused.

8/01/2018 10:48 am  #139

Iron Ranger wrote:

Blackadder23 wrote:

Ghul wrote:

Hi under_score,

Cheers,
Jeff T.

I haven't actually read it yet.
Which is not to say that I won't...

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

8/01/2018 6:19 pm  #140

Blackadder23 wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

Blackadder23 wrote:

I haven't actually read it yet.
Which is not to say that I won't...

Ha-Ha-Ha!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.