!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/19/2018 5:04 pm  #1

Monk: Stunning Blow, from level 1?

The way the text is situated on p. 68 2E, makes me doubtful if this ability is gained at level 5 or level 1. Which is correct?

Last edited by Zulgyan (4/19/2018 5:12 pm)

4/19/2018 6:44 pm  #2

Re: Monk: Stunning Blow, from level 1?

The monk’s empty hand attack can stun​ an opponent on a natural 19 or 20​ attack roll at any level. I understand the confusion, though. Blame the editor!

4/19/2018 8:48 pm  #3

Thanks for the answer!

4/20/2018 5:29 am  #4

Yes, it is something David and I should fix, and it carries over from the original boxed set. Specifically, in all other instances (I hope!) we list abilities first by availability, then alphabetically. For some odd reason, this monk ability escaped both David's and my eyes, but it's something we can fix... in 3rd Edition, when we introduce skills and feats! ;)

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

4/20/2018 7:04 am  #5

Ghul wrote:

in 3rd Edition, when we introduce skills and feats! ;)

I CAN'T W8!!!111!!

;-)

4/20/2018 9:05 am  #6

Ghul wrote:

Yes, it is something David and I should fix, and it carries over from the original boxed set. Specifically, in all other instances (I hope!) we list abilities first by availability, then alphabetically. For some odd reason, this monk ability escaped both David's and my eyes, but it's something we can fix... in 3rd Edition, when we introduce skills and feats! ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

4/21/2018 8:31 am  #7

Ghul wrote:

Ha! So you two are already on your 2nd edition eyes? 

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

4/23/2018 2:41 pm  #8

Ghul wrote:

in 3rd Edition, when we introduce skills and feats! ;)

You forgot about prestige classes :/ :D

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.