!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/13/2018 4:36 pm  #281

Re: Gary Con X (2018)

mavfire wrote:

I felt bad for turning that whole group to stone....

Whatever, I saw the glee in your eyes when you told me the story the next day. 

3/13/2018 6:30 pm  #282

Gary Con X was an absolute blast. I'm so appreciative of the awesome referees who ran AS&SH events. People kept stopping by the booth to rave about how much fun they'd had. Some of those people bought books and shirts, so that is a solid success. Every referee has their own unique spin on Hyperborea, which I love to hear about. Great job, my friends, and thank you!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

3/14/2018 10:30 am  #283

Just wanted to thank Rich and David for some great games this weekend, and how cool it was to see Jeff, Del, and Mike again!

Hope to see everyone at Gamehole!

-Mick

3/14/2018 12:39 pm  #284

M'Koth wrote:

Just wanted to thank Rich and David for some great games this weekend, and how cool it was to see Jeff, Del, and Mike again!

-Mick

It was great to see you last week Mick, and I'm glad we had the chance to catch up. I'll be running a few AS&SH games at Gamehole, so hopefully I'll see you at my table!

3/14/2018 1:06 pm  #285

M'Koth wrote:

-Mick

Mick, it was great to see you again, too! 

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

3/14/2018 2:13 pm  #286

M'Koth wrote:

-Mick

Thanks, Mick! I am glad you had fun, with such a rough first take on that adventure. I will be at Gamehole, but I will be running the same adventure you played im twice. (It needs the playtesting.)

Looking forward to seeing you in November!

I'll just pile my After Action Report in here:

I ran three games at Gary Con, all were sold out with a wait list.

The first game was an adventure set in Lankhmar, and with no Clerics/standard D&D healing, the adventure was much more of a Player/DM give/take and investigation game.. Comabts were few and a bit far in between and once the party figured out the weakness of the primary enemy, it was simply a matter of exploration.  To find them, bringing a ton of firepower to bear.  Literally.

The second game involved a romp through the underdark of Greyhawk, located under the Bone March and Ratik.  The party was tasked with getting to Spinecastle Keep in the overrun Bone March, and retrieving the Royal Family.  They made it, and faced down the final encounter in the keep, but we were 30 minutes away from the end of the adventure, so they didn't have the encounters on the way back.

The third adventure was actually set on the mysterious island of Onja Cot of Hyperborea, and as this will be run again at conventions, I'm not going to say anythng else except the very veteran group played smart, and made quick work of the adventure.  I need to bolster the strength of the antagonists and up my tactics.

I'd like to thank everyone who played in my games.  You guys were a lot of fun, laughing and joking at times, and setting your jaws and being very serious at others.  I'll be back next year for certain, and I will run AS&SH again.
It was a lot of fun to see the crew again, and make ome new acquaintences.

--Rich

Last edited by francisca (3/14/2018 3:01 pm)

3/19/2018 7:33 am  #287

M'Koth wrote:

-Mick

M'Koth - We have to try and link up for the trip to gamehole... I am 90% in as of right now.... Just dont want to make that drive alone.

Del Teigeler, Illustrator
mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com

3/21/2018 4:51 pm  #288

mavfire wrote:

M'Koth wrote:

-Mick

M'Koth - We have to try and link up for the trip to gamehole... I am 90% in as of right now.... Just dont want to make that drive alone.

Happy to have you along!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.