!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/31/2018 4:13 pm  #1

Hyperborea

Had to go with the Canvas. Players are just too excitable at the table. Somebody please tell me it wipes up well! ;)

1/31/2018 4:50 pm  #2

Re: Hyperborea

Totally. Survives player wear so much better than the poster version.

2/19/2018 9:15 pm  #3

I picked up the canvas map, but I am also going to have one of my paper ones laminated.

Has anyone seen one? Has anyone seen one in a hundred years??

2/20/2018 6:19 am  #4

Thrasaric wrote:

I picked up the canvas map, but I am also going to have one of my paper ones laminated.

I've been meaning to do the same thing, because I want to lay it across the game table. I've been doing that anyway (with an unfolded paper map), but the map is taking a beating from those animals I play with.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

2/20/2018 9:18 am  #5

I hang a paper map on the wall for my group.  I had an interesting issue with the canvas map.  I left it out overnight in extremely cold temps and it froze!  I had to allow it to thaw before I dared open it!  I really want to get some proper framing materials to make the canvas map look good!

I also had a copy of the map placed on fabric.  This is now the map I travel with as I can place in my back pocket and not ruin it.  I can also quickly frame the area of interest on a convention table without using up much space. 

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

2/20/2018 9:19 am  #6

Ghul wrote:

Thrasaric wrote:

I've been meaning to do the same thing, because I want to lay it across the game table. I've been doing that anyway (with an unfolded paper map), but the map is taking a beating from those animals I play with.

The senescence of the map is a feature not a bug! 

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.