!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/08/2018 9:20 am  #401

Re: Introduction Thread

Kradonus wrote:

Hi everyone! 

Just ordered the book after doing some research and cant wait to get it! Missed the kick starter due to life (small children) but want to get back into role playing.  Played 1rs and 2nd ed back in the day.  I am in a black hole of gaming it seems so Ill either have to form my own group or find something on line. 

Welcome to Hyperborea, Kradonus!
Check out The Tavern board here to see if there's anyone near you: http://hyperborea.boardhost.com/viewforum.php?id=23
And there's an AS&SH G+ Community where you could possibly find folks looking to play over Hangouts.

2/08/2018 12:08 pm  #402

Welcome Kradonus!!
--Ron--

"No interruptions! I am El Jefe!"
[url=www.unseenservant.us]Unseen Servant[/url] for all your PbP needs.

2/08/2018 12:23 pm  #403

Welcome!

Del Teigeler, Illustrator
mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com

2/09/2018 11:34 am  #404

Hi All,
My name is Bob, Or Sausage as my close longtime friends call me. I'm 50 years old and have been playing since I was around 9 (41, years, Started with Original and within a year moved on to D&D Basic). I played with all my friends that I grew up with, finally getting with Jeff in our teens. I've played many different systems, even working on some combat systems that I eventually dumped due to complexity (think Rolemaster and double it).
I ran some Call of Cthulhu, introducing Jeff to it, and clearly, it made an impression LOL. I joined back up with Jeff and the group for a couple years, towards the end of the playtesting and writing for Gary G.(RIP). When I heard Jeff came out with his own system, I was very happy, After reading it through found that it was what I have looked for in a system. Adding in the fact that the world was only "mostly" developed, gave me the ability to make some of my own areas, places that players would "discover". I've created a Module that I'm running at TotalCon 32 called Raiders!!! and hope some of you coming to the con will come play with me.
I love the latest Edition, it's a great piece of work, Congratz Jeff...

Bob

Last edited by BlackKnight (2/09/2018 11:35 am)

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

2/09/2018 11:56 am  #405

BlackKnight wrote:

Hi All,
My name is Bob, Or Sausage as my close longtime friends call me. I'm 50 years old and have been playing since I was around 9 (41, years, Started with Original and within a year moved on to D&D Basic). I played with all my friends that I grew up with, finally getting with Jeff in our teens. I've played many different systems, even working on some combat systems that I eventually dumped due to complexity (think Rolemaster and double it).
I ran some Call of Cthulhu, introducing Jeff to it, and clearly, it made an impression LOL. I joined back up with Jeff and the group for a couple years, towards the end of the playtesting and writing for Gary G.(RIP). When I heard Jeff came out with his own system, I was very happy, After reading it through found that it was what I have looked for in a system. Adding in the fact that the world was only "mostly" developed, gave me the ability to make some of my own areas, places that players would "discover". I've created a Module that I'm running at TotalCon 32 called Raiders!!! and hope some of you coming to the con will come play with me.
I love the latest Edition, it's a great piece of work, Congratz Jeff...

Bob

Great backstory Bob!!
Welcome!

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

2/09/2018 12:06 pm  #406

mabon5127 wrote:

Great backstory Bob!!
Welcome!

Thanks...

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

2/09/2018 12:14 pm  #407

BlackKnight wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

Great backstory Bob!!
Welcome!

Thanks...

Wait is this Bob the pict? Played in my Hyperborean game at Gary Con?

Morgan

While in my soul forever

2/09/2018 12:48 pm  #408

mabon5127 wrote:

BlackKnight wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

Great backstory Bob!!
Welcome!

Thanks...

Wait is this Bob the pict? Played in my Hyperborean game at Gary Con?

Morgan

Unfortunately I've never been to GaryCon... so that would be a no. My wife would litterally cut my stuff off if I told her, "Hey Honey I wanted to take an extended weekend and travel to play Roleplaying games". She would NOT understand...

Only been to Local (New england) Cons and games...

Last edited by BlackKnight (2/09/2018 12:49 pm)

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage

2/09/2018 4:11 pm  #409

We called him Bobby Sausage, because when we would game back in the 80s he used to order a large sausage pizza and eat the whole thing all by himself -- washed down with a 2-liter bottle of Jolt Cola, of course. The good old days! It's true, Bob introduced me to the Call of Cthulhu RPG back in the day, and even though we played it briefly before going back to AD&D, it piqued my interest and got me into HPL. Welcome aboard, Sausage! ;)

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

2/10/2018 11:25 am  #410

Welcome Bob! How is it playing with el Jefe for all these years? :D
Well met sir!
--Ron--

"No interruptions! I am El Jefe!"
[url=www.unseenservant.us]Unseen Servant[/url] for all your PbP needs.

2/27/2018 9:40 am  #411

Heya!

I'm Terry.  I've been playing RPGs since I was introduced to the D&D red box basic set back in 1981.  Over the years I've played lots of RPG systems/genres and like to bring bits and pieces from those systems into whichever I'm currently running. 

I first played AS&SH with both Jeff and Tim Callan at TotalCon four years ago  and really enjoyed it.  I picked up the PDF to read shortly thereafter, but was heavily involved in an ongoing game in another system and was unable to get it to the table.  I was able to get into an AS&SH game run by Bob (BlackKnight) at TotalCon last week and it rekindled my interest in the system.  I bought the gorgeous new hardback edition and a couple of awesome T-shirts from Jeff on the last day of the con and am really looking forward to diving back in.

"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places." H.P. Lovecraft, The Picture in the House

2/27/2018 9:56 am  #412

Demiurge wrote:

Heya!

I'm Terry.  I've been playing RPGs since I was introduced to the D&D red box basic set back in 1981.  Over the years I've played lots of RPG systems/genres and like to bring bits and pieces from those systems into whichever I'm currently running. 

I first played AS&SH with both Jeff and Tim Callan at TotalCon four years ago  and really enjoyed it.  I picked up the PDF to read shortly thereafter, but was heavily involved in an ongoing game in another system and was unable to get it to the table.  I was able to get into an AS&SH game run by Bob (BlackKnight) at TotalCon last week and it rekindled my interest in the system.  I bought the gorgeous new hardback edition and a couple of awesome T-shirts from Jeff on the last day of the con and am really looking forward to diving back in.

Hey Terry, Glad to have you at my table, and happy to help rekindle your interest. Hope you can turn your local game over to it for them to try. ASSH is a great fun system, Jeff did a great job. with both the system and the setting. Hope the local group likes it also...

Bob

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage

3/06/2018 5:47 pm  #413

Hello all,
I've been following the board for a few years, so it's time to finally de-lurk and introduce myself!  I'm Paul, or "Paul from Detroit."  I'm 51, and have a background similar to many gamers of my generation who grew up in the midwest -- Mr. Rogers, Heavy Metal, Trapper Keepers, Technopop, Punk, and RPGs.  Of course I played D&D/AD&D, but we also played Call of Cthulhu, Paranoia, and Traveller.   I live with my partner and a pack of dogs in what some would call inner-city Detroit.  I hope to get back into gaming with a regular group someday, but for now I mainly game at conventions.  The two conventions I attend annually are U-Con in Ypsilanti, Michigan and Garycon.  I first played AS&SH with Jeff at Garycon 2014, and have been a fan of AS&SH and North Wind Adventures since.  My impression is that AS&SH has attracted a very good group of players and DMs.  I've played in Hyperborea games DMed by Jeff, Chainsaw, Morgan Hazel, and Eli Elder, and have been impressed with all of them.   More later - see many of you all at Garycon!

3/07/2018 4:17 pm  #414

Welcome Pburke, 

Most everyone is probably at Garycon by now, I dont arrive til Friday. Welcome to the boards. Good to see more Michiganders playing AS&SH.... I am all the way across the state near Grand Rapids. 

Del Teigeler, Illustrator
mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com

3/07/2018 4:23 pm  #415

Welcome Paul! Great gaming with you, man. 

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

3/07/2018 7:57 pm  #416

Pburke wrote:

Hello all,
I've been following the board for a few years, so it's time to finally de-lurk and introduce myself!  I'm Paul, or "Paul from Detroit."  I'm 51, and have a background similar to many gamers of my generation who grew up in the midwest -- Mr. Rogers, Heavy Metal, Trapper Keepers, Technopop, Punk, and RPGs.  Of course I played D&D/AD&D, but we also played Call of Cthulhu, Paranoia, and Traveller.   I live with my partner and a pack of dogs in what some would call inner-city Detroit.  I hope to get back into gaming with a regular group someday, but for now I mainly game at conventions.  The two conventions I attend annually are U-Con in Ypsilanti, Michigan and Garycon.  I first played AS&SH with Jeff at Garycon 2014, and have been a fan of AS&SH and North Wind Adventures since.  My impression is that AS&SH has attracted a very good group of players and DMs.  I've played in Hyperborea games DMed by Jeff, Chainsaw, Morgan Hazel, and Eli Elder, and have been impressed with all of them.   More later - see many of you all at Garycon!

Welcome Paul!

While in my soul forever

3/20/2018 11:27 am  #417

Chainsaw wrote:

Welcome Paul! Great gaming with you, man.

Great gaming with you too!  Hope you can get out of work for next year's Garycon.

Last edited by Pburke (3/20/2018 11:28 am)

3/20/2018 11:29 am  #418

mabon5127 wrote:

Pburke wrote:

Hello all,

Welcome Paul!

Thank you!  And Congrats on your daughter's wedding!

3/20/2018 11:30 am  #419

Hi Paul!  Was nice to game with you at Gary Con!

3/20/2018 11:39 am  #420

francisca wrote:

Hi Paul!  Was nice to game with you at Gary Con!

It was great gaming with you!  Your Spinecastle game was really awesome, by the way, and it proved that a "Hyperborean" Greyhawk setting works extremely well.  I'm going to try to get a write-up of my Garycon experiences done within a week or two so I can share more details and opinions later.   Would you be up for a separate thread on "Making Greyhawk Hyperborean"?

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.