!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/11/2017 8:51 am  #121

Re: Gary Con X (2018)

grodog wrote:

Handy Haversack wrote:

Hyperborea: Ruinous Palace of the Metegorgos [snip]
This adventure definitely has some adult themes and content and is not for the squeamish. Written by Evey Lockhart and published by In Search of Games.

Link?  I didn't see any info on their web site or FB pages.

Allan.

Here's the DTRPG link: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/208237/Ruinous-Palace-of-the-Metegorgos

Ran this in my home group's game in the early spring--actually right around last year's GaryCon. Our one-line recaps: "Murder by Crotch Light! And that tomato plant hasn't done anything yet--and you know when it does it's gonna be cool!" "Old High Thunder Hag, a language rich in information density and pathos and surprisingly useless against tigers."

Edit: It was an Ennie finalist, for what it's worth.

Last edited by Handy Haversack (12/11/2017 9:03 am)

12/22/2017 10:49 am  #122

Just added a pair of AS&SH games to the on-grid lineup, but not set in Hyperborea:

Thursday 10AM: Something Stinks in Lankhmar
Friday 10AM: Raid on Spinecastle Keep, a Greyhawk adventure.

12/22/2017 12:44 pm  #123

francisca wrote:

Just added a pair of AS&SH games to the on-grid lineup, but not set in Hyperborea:

Nice! I've heard more often of the setting being used with other rules systems, not so often what you are doing -- using the rules with other settings, but I think it's cool, especially considering that I often pull out the old 1e Lankhmar book for default city play when I need resources on the fly for places like Khromarium and Port Zangerios.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

12/23/2017 7:48 am  #124

francisca wrote:

Sounds cool!  I'll take descriptions if you have them.  I put them on the listing.

Thanks!

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

12/27/2017 9:07 am  #125

That's great, francisca! Wish I could play in the Lankhmar game.

1/01/2018 11:48 am  #126

mabon5127 wrote:

francisca wrote:

Sounds cool!  I'll take descriptions if you have them.  I put them on the listing.

Thanks!

Here you go:

Something always stinks in Lankhmar, but something out there is more wretched than usual. The gentry won't stand for this, and you an your plucky pals have been charged with rooting out the problem. This is an adventure set in Lankhmar, using the 2nd edition of the Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers RPG. 

Friday 10AM: Raid on Spinecastle Keep, a Greyhawk adventure
CY 563: The Bone March has fallen to evil, excepting Spinecastle Keep, the ancestral home of the Marquis of Spinecastle the ruler of the Bone March. The Marquis and his family are besieged, and need to be extracted, as they hold vital information needed to combat the tyranny of the evil humanoid hordes and their plans to sack the surrounding kingdoms. Will you succeed in extracting the Marquis?

1/02/2018 4:00 pm  #127

Unfortunately,  I will now be unable to attend Gary Con.  My oldest is getting married at that time.  I should be there.

While in my soul forever

1/02/2018 5:10 pm  #128

Booo! You'll be missed. 

Last edited by Ar'Pharazon (1/02/2018 5:12 pm)

1/02/2018 5:11 pm  #129

mabon5127 wrote:

I should be there.

You mean at Gary Con, right? 

1/02/2018 10:11 pm  #130

mabon5127 wrote:

Unfortunately,  I will now be unable to attend Gary Con.

Man! That really sucks, but such is life. Thankfully Gary Con happens again next year.

mabon5127 wrote:

My oldest is getting married at that time. I should be there.

Congrats! Family first, Morgan. I’m sure you will have a great time. 

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

1/03/2018 7:13 am  #131

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

I should be there.

You mean at Gary Con, right? 

Ha!  Better say no....

While in my soul forever

1/03/2018 7:14 am  #132

Chainsaw wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

Unfortunately,  I will now be unable to attend Gary Con.

Man! That really sucks, but such is life. Thankfully Gary Con happens again next year.

mabon5127 wrote:

My oldest is getting married at that time. I should be there.

Congrats! Family first, Morgan. I’m sure you will have a great time.

Thanks!

While in my soul forever

1/03/2018 11:46 am  #133

I am attending Gary Con for the first time this year and am working on travel arrangements.  It seems like the most sensible thing to do is to fly into Chicago and rent a car to drive to Lake Geneva.  Is anyone else here doing that that would want to share a car?

Last edited by under_score (1/03/2018 11:46 am)

1/03/2018 4:16 pm  #134

mabon5127 wrote:

Unfortunately,  I will now be unable to attend Gary Con.  My oldest is getting married at that time.  I should be there.

Agh! The most unkindest cut of all! Does your oldest not understand What Is Good?

Ah, well. Congrats, Morgan! We'll have to figure out a way to get some gaming in with you and the NYC crew before next year!

Edit:

under_score wrote:

I am attending Gary Con for the first time this year and am working on travel arrangements.  It seems like the most sensible thing to do is to fly into Chicago and rent a car to drive to Lake Geneva.  Is anyone else here doing that that would want to share a car?

Depends on where you come from. We usually fly to MKE and split a shuttle from the airport there. User-friendly experience all around. Check out the GaryCon forums, where ride sharing is fairly avidly discussed.

Last edited by Handy Haversack (1/03/2018 4:19 pm)

1/03/2018 7:15 pm  #135

Yes, family first, Morgan! You will be missed, but I'm happy for your daughter and her husband-to-be. And I hope their first child be a masculine child.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

1/03/2018 11:12 pm  #136

Ghul wrote:

And I hope their first child be a masculine child.

I'm hearing Luca's voice saying that in my head. 

Last edited by Ar'Pharazon (1/03/2018 11:13 pm)

1/04/2018 8:21 pm  #137

My events have been scheduled. I updated the master list in the other thread.

In Umbrage Taken (DMPrata, Thu. 12 P.M. – 6 P.M, Fri. 12 P.M. – 6 P.M.) A Zangeriosan emissary asks the party to undertake an urgent mission to the Savage Boreal Coast. The last ship to drop off supplies at some new settlements found the first village burnt to the ground. A second village was perfectly intact, but deserted. No survivors were found. The Governor needs a group of adventurers to find out what happened. A high-level adventure adapted from “Terror in the Tropics” by Roy Rowe, first published in WGR2 Treasures of Greyhawk.

1/05/2018 1:51 pm  #138

mabon5127 wrote:

Are you going to gencon this year?

1/05/2018 4:58 pm  #139

francisca wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

Yes.  I take two of my daughters with me.  I plan on running at least one AS&SH event and then Jonny Quest on Friday night for Hollow Earth Expedition's Den of Ubiquity..

While in my soul forever

1/05/2018 11:50 pm  #140

mabon5127 wrote:

francisca wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

Yes.  I take two of my daughters with me.  I plan on running at least one AS&SH event and then Jonny Quest on Friday night for Hollow Earth Expedition's Den of Ubiquity..

Not trying to pile on, Morgan, but Manny wanted me to pass along how sad he and the rest of the crew are that you won't be at GaryCon. Maybe we can road-trip down your way this year or figure out a way to get you up here for some gaming.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.