!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/19/2017 10:51 am  #1

Old School Gamer Radio

I did an interview a few days ago with Matt Finch on his youtube program, "Old School Gamer Radio", and it was a lot of fun! Here it is, for your viewing pleasure:

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

12/19/2017 1:04 pm  #2

Re: Old School Gamer Radio

Thanks for sharing! Matt Finch's Quick Primer for Old School Gaming is a major influence on my gaming style and highly recommended reading for anyone on the AS&SH board.

12/20/2017 1:46 pm  #3

That was well done.  Normally, I HATE podcasts, etc..  But this was well done and engaging.

12/20/2017 1:56 pm  #4

Great interview.  Matt asked great questions.  I like the design philosophy stuff.

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

12/21/2017 5:18 pm  #5

Great work!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

12/25/2017 1:06 am  #6

I enjoyed this interview. It was interesting to hear Jeff give his reasons behind why he created this genre driven game system. I was caught up in the nostalgic references to Arneson and Gygax and the inspirations that helped fuel their own mythic visions. Good stuff.

“The more I see of what you call civilization, the more highly I think of what you call savagery!” 
― Robert E. HowardKing Kull
www.skelospress.com

12/28/2017 12:25 pm  #7

It was a great interview and I have been watching more of Matt's episodes now. They are interesting and helpful.

Has anyone seen one? Has anyone seen one in a hundred years??

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.