!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/22/2017 10:35 am  #81

Re: Gary Con X (2018)

Handy Haversack wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

Handy Haversack wrote:

I should get my submissions sorted out this weekend. Thinking I'll do my usual Thu. and Sun. 12-4.

Nice! You always run good games, man.

Praise from Caesar! Thanks, Chainsaw.

mabon5127 wrote:

The unfortunate side effect of running at Gary Con is missing playing at the table with some of the best Ref's in the biz. 
For me its a learning experience to improve my own skills, bringing some of those practices back to my home group or to other conventions.

Be warned, my friend. The Brooklyn crew has decided to register for one of your games en masse again. Everyone's pretty psyched!

Not to sound fanboyish but that will inevitably turn out to be my favorite run of the con!

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

11/22/2017 10:42 am  #82

mabon5127 wrote:

Handy Haversack wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

Nice! You always run good games, man.

Praise from Caesar! Thanks, Chainsaw.

mabon5127 wrote:

The unfortunate side effect of running at Gary Con is missing playing at the table with some of the best Ref's in the biz. 
For me its a learning experience to improve my own skills, bringing some of those practices back to my home group or to other conventions.

Be warned, my friend. The Brooklyn crew has decided to register for one of your games en masse again. Everyone's pretty psyched!

Not to sound fanboyish but that will inevitably turn out to be my favorite run of the con!

We'll call it a mutual-appreciation society.

11/22/2017 2:35 pm  #83

Handy Haversack wrote:

I should get my submissions sorted out this weekend. Thinking I'll do my usual Thu. and Sun. 12-4.

Nice!  I already have my eye on that Sunday session. 

11/22/2017 5:34 pm  #84

lige wrote:

Handy Haversack wrote:

Was debating which game to submit for Sunday. Were you in the abortive Beyond Beyond the Ice Fall a couple of years ago? This year, I might allow *second*-level characters!

11/22/2017 5:43 pm  #85

Handy Haversack wrote:

This year, I might allow *second*-level characters!

Sheesh, what’s next, pregens with +0 swords?

What happened to you, man. What happened.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

11/22/2017 6:35 pm  #86

Handy Haversack wrote:

lige wrote:

Handy Haversack wrote:

Was debating which game to submit for Sunday. Were you in the abortive Beyond Beyond the Ice Fall a couple of years ago? This year, I might allow *second*-level characters!

Yes -we died a horrible death if I remember correctly I was torn apart by wolves.  I don't know about 2nd level though  with all the power going to our heads it would be easy to get overconfident!

11/22/2017 6:46 pm  #87

Chainsaw wrote:

Handy Haversack wrote:

Ahhh, I'm getting soft in my dotage. You're right, Chainsaw. Everyone starts diseased!

Lige wrote:

Yes -we died a horrible death if I remember correctly I was torn apart by wolves.  I don't know about 2nd level though  with all the power going to our heads it would be easy to get overconfident!

Excellent. My plans are coming together nicely.

11/24/2017 7:25 pm  #88

Here's my new AS&SH schedule for Gary Con:
Thursday: 10-2pm - The Tower of Larchmere Yys
Thursday: 4-8pm - The Tablet of Gal
Friday: 10-2pm - The Chains of Minotaurious
Saturday: 2-6pm The Jewels of Shuven
Sunday: 4-?? Descent into Krimmea

The Jewels of Shuven:

Your party has pooled it's money together and bought the map of a long forgotten passageway underneath the ruins of a daemon cult's temple. The daemon cult was wiped out generations ago and was known to have a few gems of great value. Buying the map seemed like a good idea at the time and besides, what could possibly go wrong?No experience with AS&SH necessary. Pregens for levels 3-4 provided. 

The Tower of Larchmere Yys

Strange recent events have caused a near panic amongst the Apollonians of Larchmere Yys. Desperate, the local elders successfully begged your party to investigate these strange events, particularly an eldritch tower which has mysteriously appeared. With the logger who discovered the tower as your guide, you set off..No experience with AS&SH necessary. 2nd level adventure, pregens provided.

The Tablet of Gal

You're recuperating from your most recent sojourn into the wildlands when a crazed looking person from Gal tracks you down, demanding someone from your party translate an ancient Hyperborean tablet. The tablet seemingly deals with an ancient site a few days outside of Gal and looks promising..No experience with AS&SH necessary. This adventure is for levels 3-5, pregens provided. 

The Chains of Minotaurious 

Your last memory was drinking with an odd group of strangers and possibly an Ixian in Port Zangerios. You've woken to utter darkness, the smell of metal and sweat abound. The sounds of heavy breathing is coming from on both sides of you along with the muffled sounds of violence - cries of pain and the howls of a bestial cheering coming from above.No experience with AS&SH necessary. 1st  level adventure, pregens provided. 

Last edited by Ar'Pharazon (11/24/2017 7:26 pm)

11/25/2017 7:53 am  #89

Impressive, Michael! These sound fantastic, man!

11/25/2017 7:54 am  #90

Handy Haversack wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

Handy Haversack wrote:

Ahhh, I'm getting soft in my dotage. You're right, Chainsaw. Everyone starts diseased!

There’s the Handy we know and love!

11/25/2017 8:25 am  #91

5 games! That's great. They all sound very engaging as well!

While in my soul forever

11/26/2017 8:05 am  #92

Well, this is me jumping in feet first. I have submitted to DM two AS&SH games at Garycon X. I will be running Charnel Crypt of the Sightless Serpent on Friday at 2pm and again on Saturday morning at 10am. 

Thanks to chainsaw for calling me out!
Here is the descriptor:
Charnel Crypt of the Sightless Serpent:
A millennium has passed since the Green Death swept across Hyperborea. In that bygone age of pestilence, a noble family fled the City-State of Khromarium. Far beyond the walls of the city, they entombed themselves in order to elude the inescapable plague. Their necromancer placed them in a deep slumber from which they never wakened. Also he summoned a mythical serpent to guard the vault, a beast reputed to shed gems for tears from eyeless sockets. Tales speak of this beast as the Sightless Serpent. An original  adventure written by creator Jeff Talanian and run by  Del Teigeler an illustrator for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea.

Last edited by mavfire (11/26/2017 8:05 am)

Del Teigeler, Illustrator
mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com

11/26/2017 9:20 am  #93

A classic! Very nice. I really enjoyed running that one for my short-lived G+ game. I think it will be perfect for at Gary Con.

11/26/2017 11:17 am  #94

Ohh.. this is great! I'm excited that you're running some AS&SH at Gary Con Del!

11/26/2017 11:23 am  #95

This makes for what.. 28 or so AS&SH games being run at Gary Con X? This is fantastic!

11/26/2017 12:53 pm  #96

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

This makes for what.. 28 or so AS&SH games being run at Gary Con X? This is fantastic!

So far it looks like 28 events with 9 different Referees. I think we still have till Dec 17th to get events in to get a Gary Con shirt as well as a new design from Northwind! Largest showing ever!

While in my soul forever

11/27/2017 7:31 pm  #97

I do admit I worry that we won’t have enough players for all these games, but I look forward to being proven wrong!

11/27/2017 10:05 pm  #98

DMPrata wrote:

I do admit I worry that we won’t have enough players for all these games, but I look forward to being proven wrong!

The con keeps growing and the AS&SH events tend to sell out very quickly.  With the new second edition coming out this next con season that will spur interest as well.  It also seems that the number of events lag the con growth as indicated by the directors asking for more events and extending deadlines. I'm generally overly optimistic but I think its gonna be great!

While in my soul forever

11/27/2017 11:23 pm  #99

mabon5127 wrote:

DMPrata wrote:

The con keeps growing and the AS&SH events tend to sell out very quickly.  With the new second edition coming out this next con season that will spur interest as well.  It also seems that the number of events lag the con growth as indicated by the directors asking for more events and extending deadlines. I'm generally overly optimistic but I think its gonna be great!

I agree - they've really upped the bribes for DMs (I mean generous honorariums!) over the last few years so events are definitely in demand and I think AS&SH has a pretty good fanbase at GaryCon.

11/28/2017 1:16 pm  #100

What? Me worry?

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.