!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/12/2017 7:31 pm  #1

Prehistoric shark - let’s stat it up!

Super cool prehistoric, dinosaur-era shark found off coast of Portugal. I love stuff like this. 

Anyone want to take a stab at writing it up?

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

11/16/2017 8:02 pm  #2

Re: Prehistoric shark - let’s stat it up!

Razor Shark:
# Encountered 1d4
Alignment: Neutral
Size: M
Movement: 0 (Swim 80)
Dexterity: 15
Armor Class: 3
Hit Dice: 2
Attack Rate: 1/1 (bite)
Damage: 1d8+3
Saving Throw: 15
Morale: 8
Experience Points: 100

Special: Successful hit has 4:6 chance of it's prey getting locked into it's multiple rows of razor sharp teeth. If this happens, there will be another 1d6 damage from the shark shaking it's head back and forth.
Each subsequent round requires an additional roll to see if the prey continues to be locked in the sharks mouth. Further rounds of being locked in the sharks mouth is a d6 +1 for each consecutive round of damage.
For example the 1st additional round of being locked is d6+1, 2nd additional is d6+2, etc 

11/17/2017 9:23 am  #3

Perfect! I have a spot in Foolsgrave where these will come in handy.

11/17/2017 10:37 am  #4

Chainsaw wrote:

Perfect! I have a spot in Foolsgrave where these will come in handy.

I can't wait to hear about the grisly death of Del's character at the mouth's of razor sharks! 

11/17/2017 10:38 am  #5

Also, if you have any interest, this got me thinking about an Eldritch version of a razor shark. 

Last edited by Ar'Pharazon (11/17/2017 10:38 am)

11/18/2017 7:25 am  #6

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

Also, if you have any interest, this got me thinking about an Eldritch version of a razor shark. 

Sure!

11/18/2017 1:26 pm  #7

Eldritch Shark
# Encountered 1d2
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Size: L
Movement: 0 (Swim 90)
Dexterity: 13
Armor Class: 2
Hit Dice: 7+6
Attack Rate: 1/1 (bite)
Damage: 1d12+3, 1d10+3, 1d8+3, 1d6+3
Saving Throw: 15
Morale: 14
Experience Points: 975 
Special:
If an Eldritch Shark successfully bites its target, the target will take damage from all 4 rows of teeth within it's mouth. The target remains locked in the Eldritch Shark's mouth until the target is to -20 (effectively dismembered), the Eldritch Shark is dead or a critical hit has been scored by a PC.Each round the target remains in the sharks mouth, the shark will thrash about, causing d/12/d10/d8/d6 damage.
Once a turn, an Eldritch Shark can emit an oily, black liquid and will quickly spin around in tight circles to push out the liquid in a 360 radius. The liquid moves at a 60' pace for each round the shark spins and then 20' after it ceases it's circling.The liquid has the effect of Fear (as the spell) and requires a DT vs Death to avoid.Once the Fear spell ends, a ST vs Sorcery is required; if it fails 1d3 forms of insanity manifest. Both ST's are modified by willpower adjustment. 

It is unknown if Eldritch Sharks were created by Elder Things or were a different breed of sharks that were unnaturally transformed due to proximity or accidental contact with Elder Things. Eldritch Sharks live in bodies of water located within the deep places of the world or at the depths of the sea and only rarely come to the surface. 

Last edited by Ar'Pharazon (11/18/2017 1:29 pm)

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.