!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/08/2017 11:23 pm  #1

Hanging Canvas Map?

I received my canvas map today and it is a thing of beauty - it shall adorn the wall of my gaming basement!

I'm wondering how to achieve this without damaging the map, however. I'm thinking of hanging it using binder clips along the top, then attaching these to tacks or nails in the wall. (That way I can take it down easily for use in-game.) I might need to weigh down the bottom as well to keep it from curling.

Any suggestions?

11/09/2017 12:43 am  #2

Re: Hanging Canvas Map?

I would have it professionally framed for protection and display.

11/09/2017 1:41 am  #3

Yeah; but then I can't bring it on the table during play!

11/09/2017 2:24 am  #4

kslacker wrote:

Yeah; but then I can't bring it on the table during play!

Hi kslacker. I understand your dilemma. Both my girlfriend and I are tactile gamers. We find that tokens, maps, miniatures, dungeon tiles, cards, hand outs, and props add to our enjoyment and immersion. My concern is that the beautiful cloth map of Hyperborea will get ruined with repeated handling unless measures are taken to protect it.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.