!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/16/2017 4:09 pm  #1

Servants of the Charnel God (AS&SH Adventure)

After being at one of Talanian's tables at Gamehole Con last year, at which I enjoyed "The Rats in the Walls," I'm FINALLY getting ready to run an AS&SH campaign! I've been running a Viking campaign with the YGGDRASILL system for the last year, and I had been waiting for the hard copy of the second edition of AS&SH. But the anticipation has been too much. I'm running "Rats in the Walls" this coming Monday. And, inspired, I wrote the following after C.A. Smith's "The Charnel God."

I haven't run this yet, obviously, but I'll let everyone know how it goes.

(I don't know why there is an entire white page before the map when I saved to PDF. Sorry about that.)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2CiSi7h9sDlT2czS0lnS3Uydzg

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

10/05/2017 7:46 am  #2

Re: Servants of the Charnel God (AS&SH Adventure)

Eirvit wrote:

After being at one of Talanian's tables at Gamehole Con last year, at which I enjoyed "The Rats in the Walls," I'm FINALLY getting ready to run an AS&SH campaign! I've been running a Viking campaign with the YGGDRASILL system for the last year, and I had been waiting for the hard copy of the second edition of AS&SH. But the anticipation has been too much. I'm running "Rats in the Walls" this coming Monday. And, inspired, I wrote the following after C.A. Smith's "The Charnel God."

I haven't run this yet, obviously, but I'll let everyone know how it goes.

(I don't know why there is an entire white page before the map when I saved to PDF. Sorry about that.)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2CiSi7h9sDlT2czS0lnS3Uydzg

I don't have time to look at the document at this moment, but I hope it goes well for you! The Charnel God was an important inspiration for me whilst developing the game. Let us know how it goes!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

10/06/2017 4:21 pm  #3

Cheers Eirvit, appreciated.

11/02/2017 10:44 am  #4

Nice one! Thanks, Eirvit.

11/02/2017 9:20 pm  #5

Hey, Eirvit, question bout the map: Is the whole thing "inside," or is it a compound? That is, the corners--are they supposed to be just solid stone? Also I'm  bit unclear on what the separation into north and south halves means: is that a gap  between two buildings?

Thanks! Am planning to dangle this as a hook in our game on Sunday. Will see if they bite.

12/18/2017 11:13 pm  #6

Thank you so much for posting your work here! Very much appreciated. I have the Charnel God vexing my players in my Hyborian Age campaign at the moment... and I might be able to adapt this.

"Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, it's not a game."  ~ Gary Gygax

12/21/2017 9:49 am  #7

Just read through this. Nice work. Looks like a solid short adventure!

2/05/2019 5:54 pm  #8

Basically did a tidy of Eirvit's scenario..

Not much changed, I done a new map, but that is it.

Here:

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.