!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/17/2017 9:02 am  #1

Second Edition AS&SH PDFs Released!

The following message was sent to all our Kickstarter backers:

Greetings fellow gamers,

By now, many of you have already received your coupon codes for downloading the Second Edition of Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea. The codes were sent out last night (8PM EDT, or UTC -4). Many of you have already begun perusing the document, which is great. I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Some of you have not yet received the code. Here are a few reasons why you may not have:

1.) You did not fill out your survey, so I have no PDF fulfillment address for you, and if you pledged for print products, it probably means that I don't have your physical address, either. If you suspect that you have not yet provided this information, please contact me through this Kickstarter page with your information at your convenience. 

2.) You are checking the wrong email address. Many of us have multiple email addresses, and we sometimes forget which ones we use for what. I certainly do this, from time to time.

3.) Your email server flagged the email with the coupon code as junk / spam. Please check your junk folders. This is the most common reason why folks have not seen our coupon codes in the past.

4.) Your email server completely rejected the email. We may have to try an alternative email if this is the case. I have seen this happen with AOL several times over the last five years. 

***IMPORTANT!*** Please contact me through Kickstarter with any questions or concerns. FaceBook, Twitter, and G+ are all social media platforms that I routinely visit, but they are not what I'd consider a reliable means of communication.

Lastly, For those of you who have received the code and have downloaded the book, please consider leaving a rating and/or a review at DriveThru / RPGNow. I would greatly appreciate that!

Cheers,
Jeffrey Talanian
North Wind Adventures

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

9/17/2017 11:25 pm  #2

Re: Second Edition AS&SH PDFs Released!

Oh lawdy, lawdy! It's epic. Can't wait to sit down and pour through this.

"I, Satampra Zeiros of Uzuldaroum, shall write with my left hand, since I have no longer any other, the tale of everything that befell Tirouv Ompallios and myself in the shrine of the god Tsathoggua..."

9/18/2017 12:47 pm  #3

Got it!  Good stuff!

Thanks!

9/18/2017 2:24 pm  #4

I've only read the first hundred pages or so, but I flipped through the whole thing and it looks great!
Will there be a pdf of the new map at some point?

Last edited by Blackadder23 (9/18/2017 2:24 pm)

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

9/18/2017 4:48 pm  #5

Blackadder23 wrote:

I've only read the first hundred pages or so, but I flipped through the whole thing and it looks great!
Will there be a pdf of the new map at some point?

It was included with my download, as well as a character sheet.

"I, Satampra Zeiros of Uzuldaroum, shall write with my left hand, since I have no longer any other, the tale of everything that befell Tirouv Ompallios and myself in the shrine of the god Tsathoggua..."

9/18/2017 4:48 pm  #6

Never mind - I see the maps now.
The jpg map looks fantastic - can't wait to see it in canvas.
FYI Jeff, the pdf map isn't opening for me. I get a message that says "Insufficient data for image". The problem might be on my end, but I wanted you to know in case there's a problem with the file.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

9/18/2017 7:29 pm  #7

I have updated the PDF of the map, because several people are experiencing problems with it. I just did so now (8:30 PM, Eastern Time).

9/18/2017 8:56 pm  #8

Looks good!

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

9/18/2017 10:30 pm  #9

Loving it!!

9/19/2017 7:56 am  #10

Blackadder23 wrote:

Looks good!

So it worked?

9/19/2017 7:56 am  #11

WebwayDrifter wrote:

Loving it!!

Glad you are enjoying it!

9/19/2017 11:16 am  #12

Ghul wrote:

Blackadder23 wrote:

Looks good!

So it worked?

Yes, it works fine now. It opens a lot faster than the jpg too.

I can't wait to see this gorgeous map on paper and canvas!

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

9/19/2017 12:45 pm  #13

Yeah, the art work is stunning and really fits what I think of for Hyperborea.

What? Me worry?

9/19/2017 12:56 pm  #14

gizmomathboy wrote:

Yeah, the art work is stunning and really fits what I think of for Hyperborea.

I agree.  It's a homerun.

9/19/2017 1:53 pm  #15

As of this time, #1 on best seller list at RPGNow!!

9/19/2017 3:06 pm  #16

Already automated the weather generator in  Appendix B  (sans the four unique areas). Same with non-magical treasure.

Time to personalise Blackadder's encounter tables, and I'll soon have the perfect tools for running a hexcrawl

9/21/2017 11:19 pm  #17

This is great! My group (which alternates each week between 5th ed. D&D and AS&SH) are stoked for this release. The buzz around the game has for them moved beyond the initial phase of mere interest and into the realm of addicted. Already running Black Moss-Hag and LOVING it!

To everyone involved in this game - wonderful work all around! Well done!

“The more I see of what you call civilization, the more highly I think of what you call savagery!” 
― Robert E. HowardKing Kull
www.skelospress.com

9/22/2017 6:43 am  #18

That's wonderful, Brule! And with a username like that, I know you have great taste in literature, "Spear-Slayer"!

I look forward to hearing how Black Moss Hag goes.

Any chance you can copy and paste what you just said over at DriveThru / RPGNow?

Happy gaming!

-Jeff T.

Last edited by Ghul (9/22/2017 6:44 am)

9/23/2017 4:14 pm  #19

I am absolutely stunned!!!

9/26/2017 3:12 pm  #20

Question on the pages where the background art bleeds through into the text box(es) (i.e., pages 11,14,17,20,25,29,31,34,38,42,45,48,51,54,60,64,67,70,74,78,82,86,89,93). Can the those pages be redone to prevent the background art from bleeding through?

The art bleeding through makes it difficult for me to read the text on those pages.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.