!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/13/2016 6:36 pm  #1

What Are You Playing? (Thieves)

In an effort to learn how different campaigns have progressed in the four years since AS&SH™ was published and to measure the impact of any potential rule changes* in Second Edition, I'm launching a series of polls to determine what classes and levels are being played. Please tell me the highest-level character of each class in your current campaign. Thanks for your feedback.

* Please note that our design goal is for 99.9% compatibility with the original boxed set. Any changes will be minimal, but if we learn that (for instance) no one has played a witch past 8th level, then there'd be no real harm in introducing a new rule that states a 9th-level witch weighs the same as a duck**.

** No such rule is being considered at this time.

What's the highest-level thief in your campaign?

12/14/2016 2:45 pm  #2

Re: What Are You Playing? (Thieves)

none/zero (odd, I know)

What? Me worry?

12/14/2016 3:09 pm  #3

gizmomathboy wrote:

none/zero (odd, I know)

Us, too! I mean, we had one. But most thiefly duties devolved to legerdemainists and scouts.

12/15/2016 6:35 am  #4

I let my son switch his Thief to Legerdemainist once he learned the difference. All accusations of nepotism are fair, but will be ignored nonetheless.

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

9/01/2017 10:53 pm  #5

My son plays a straight thief and is about to hit level 2.

“The more I see of what you call civilization, the more highly I think of what you call savagery!” 
― Robert E. HowardKing Kull
www.skelospress.com

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.