!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/26/2017 6:32 am  #1

John Jakes

Had not heard of Brak the Barbarian, by John Jakes and picked up several used books in the series this weekend.  I was pleasantly surprised that the first book isn't that bad. Obviously a Conan like figure, Brak is thrust into the wiles of civilization as he travels to his destination of a gleaming golden city called Khurdisan.  Not REH but fun none the less.

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

6/26/2017 9:13 am  #2

Re: John Jakes

Never read them! Let us know what you think when you finish the first one.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

6/27/2017 1:24 pm  #3

Because of modern associations I have a picture in my mind's eye of the Space Ghost sidekick Brak treading the jeweled thrones of the earth under his sandled feet.

A Room Zoom Zoom. A Room Zoom Zoom. Gilly Gilly Gilly Gilly Ot Zat Za Come open the magic door with me, With your imagination there's so much we can see. There is a doorway that leads to a place. I'll find my way by the smile on your 

6/27/2017 1:25 pm  #4

A Room Zoom Zoom. A Room Zoom Zoom. Gilly Gilly Gilly Gilly Ot Zat Za Come open the magic door with me, With your imagination there's so much we can see. There is a doorway that leads to a place. I'll find my way by the smile on your 

6/27/2017 7:56 pm  #5

The degree of intelligence is certainly there...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gmT1Mkyts0

"I, Satampra Zeiros of Uzuldaroum, shall write with my left hand, since I have no longer any other, the tale of everything that befell Tirouv Ompallios and myself in the shrine of the god Tsathoggua..."

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.