!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/17/2017 10:50 pm  #1

Captcha?

Does everyone get hit with the Captcha stuff every time they make or edit a post? Does it go away after X number of posts?

"I, Satampra Zeiros of Uzuldaroum, shall write with my left hand, since I have no longer any other, the tale of everything that befell Tirouv Ompallios and myself in the shrine of the god Tsathoggua..."

5/19/2017 11:37 am  #2

Re: Captcha?

Hmmm. Seems to have gone away. Must be a > 10 posts privilege.

EDIT: Gahhhhh! It's back! CURSES!! I AM NOT A ROBOT!!!

"I, Satampra Zeiros of Uzuldaroum, shall write with my left hand, since I have no longer any other, the tale of everything that befell Tirouv Ompallios and myself in the shrine of the god Tsathoggua..."

5/19/2017 12:12 pm  #3

I have never seen a Captcha request on this forum.

I hope it's not a new policy; I hate those things.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

5/19/2017 7:49 pm  #4

Every 2 out of 3 posts/edits I attempt to make are interrupted by "Click all of the squares that have gas stations in them", or "Which squares have automobiles in them?", or "Type '' 'LANKY SAUSAGES' ."

5/20/2017 3:58 pm  #5

Must be a Boardhost thing, because it's nothing that we have implemented.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

5/20/2017 7:19 pm  #6

Specifically, it's reCAPTCHA, which is a Google service. As you say Ghul, it's probably something Boardhost has implemented; but wouldn't it affect everyone?

Makes no sense to me because I don't use Chrome, or anything Google-related.

EDIT: I had to do it twice to make just this post.

5/20/2017 7:36 pm  #7

Test post. I just read something about this going away if I logout/back in.

5/20/2017 7:37 pm  #8

OK now? Maybe?

5/20/2017 7:38 pm  #9

Third time's a charm?

5/20/2017 7:40 pm  #10

Maybe OK now... sorry 'bout the useless chain of posts.

5/21/2017 6:28 pm  #11

No worries! It's all good. Did it work?

5/22/2017 1:36 am  #12

Gahhh! It was good, until this post.

I hate Google.

5/22/2017 9:00 am  #13

Maybe it's a random algorithm or based on ISP?

5/22/2017 9:00 am  #14

Testing to see if using quick post versus the post reply button triggers..

5/22/2017 9:01 am  #15

Negative on both. 

Maybe it's disabled once a profile hits a certain number of posts. 

5/23/2017 1:11 am  #16

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

Negative on both. 

Maybe it's disabled once a profile hits a certain number of posts. 

That's what I'm hoping.

5/23/2017 6:13 am  #17

I do not recall ever having to do the captcha thing with respect to this site.

5/23/2017 7:26 am  #18

Odd indeed. 

I'm a new member (Joined April 4th of this year) and I have a low post count and never had to deal with CAPTCHA.

5/23/2017 9:04 am  #19

I had a deal with it a couple of times when I joined in the end of March but I haven't had to in awhile. 

Maybe it's a random algorithim for newer users and then after a certain post count the user is omitted?

Last edited by Ar'Pharazon (5/23/2017 9:05 am)

5/23/2017 9:44 am  #20

I'm using Safari. To date, this hasn't happened to me.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.