!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/05/2017 8:15 am  #321

Re: Introduction Thread

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

I suppose I should introduce myself as well! 
I'm Michael. We came across AS&SH at Gary Con V and I've been playing in ChrisJ's on and off again campaign since we discovered it. I straight up love the system. Well, mancrushing on it is more like it but I suppose I should really keep that to myself.. 
Anyways, some on this board should recognize me from playing with me at Gary Con over the years. 

Greetings, Golden One!

4/05/2017 2:24 pm  #322

And Welleran too? It's old home week!

Hi, guys!

4/05/2017 8:42 pm  #323

Welleran wrote:

Greetings, Golden One!

You're a great Tolkienian mind Keith!

4/16/2017 11:11 am  #324

"No interruptions! I am El Jefe!"
[url=www.unseenservant.us]Unseen Servant[/url] for all your PbP needs.

4/26/2017 2:12 pm  #325

Good Day,

I'm André. To be honest I forgot how ran into AS&SH but I've had my boxsed 1st edition copy for quite some time now and really love it. A bit sad that I missed out on the 2nd Ed. KS, but hey at least I can preorder it.

I,m in my early 40s and been gaming since grade 8 or 9, so like most people in my generation I cut my tooth on AD&D and Call of Cthulhu for which AS&SH is awesome to bring element of both together.

Now. Well I'm slowly completing my collection of magazines (gaving some issues with AFS Magazine as it is quite hard to find second hand) as well as getting the new 2nd edition material. 

4/26/2017 2:56 pm  #326

Boneguard wrote:

I'm André. To be honest I forgot how ran into AS&SH but I've had my boxsed 1st edition copy for quite some time now and really love it.

Welcome aboard, André! Hyperborea's popularity has been growing by leaps and bounds in the past year and the long-awaited 2E hardback arrives this summer, so you're coming into the community at a great time. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help. This forum has a pretty good crew. 

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

4/26/2017 3:21 pm  #327

Chainsaw wrote:

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help. This forum has a pretty good crew.

I'll keep this in mind. At the moment I'm slowly going around the forum, seeing what was posted and get a general feel of the place so to speak.

Aside from that it's really getting my library up to date with the new material (DrivethruRPG is my friend here) and getting my grubby little paw on the missing AFS magazines, but I doubt anyone here would want to part with their copies (understandably so too). But hey I might get lucky and should be more active in a bit.

4/26/2017 4:04 pm  #328

Welcome André! 

4/26/2017 7:38 pm  #329

Hey, everyone. I've been lurking so long I forgot I had an account. My name is Tim and I'm from Rhode Island. I started gaming in '89 with Mentzer Basic and then moved on to 2E. After playing lots of different games and systems, my heart has settled on DCC and AS&SH which I run on alternate weeks. Now that I'm retired from the Army, I'm practicing my writing to hopefully publish some adventures of my own. I've had the pleasure of meeting some of you in person at various cons, and I'm glad that this forum is active. When I'm not playing AS&SH, I'm reading it or thinking about it.

4/26/2017 9:08 pm  #330

A pleasure to have you both here, Andre and Tim. 

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

4/26/2017 9:22 pm  #331

Thank you Ar'Pharazon and Ghul.

Well it's a great game, so best place to be.

4/26/2017 9:22 pm  #332

Welcome guys!!

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

4/26/2017 9:26 pm  #333

mabon5127 wrote:

Welcome guys!!

thank You

5/16/2017 10:36 pm  #334

Been lurkin', thought I'd join!
Been playing D&D and similar, on and off, since '79. Love AS&SH for many reasons, but mainly because it reflects my tastes in reading - there's just something about the Olde Tales that resonates with me.

"I, Satampra Zeiros of Uzuldaroum, shall write with my left hand, since I have no longer any other, the tale of everything that befell Tirouv Ompallios and myself in the shrine of the god Tsathoggua..."

5/16/2017 10:38 pm  #335

Oh, and forgive me if I start resurrecting old threads.

"I, Satampra Zeiros of Uzuldaroum, shall write with my left hand, since I have no longer any other, the tale of everything that befell Tirouv Ompallios and myself in the shrine of the god Tsathoggua..."

5/16/2017 10:39 pm  #336

... and does the "captcha" verification for posts ever go away?

5/16/2017 11:42 pm  #337

Hi there the name in JT and I was introduced to the game via my DM, enjoying the game so far!

5/17/2017 6:24 am  #338

foxroe wrote:

Been lurkin', thought I'd join!
Been playing D&D and similar, on and off, since '79. Love AS&SH for many reasons, but mainly because it reflects my tastes in reading - there's just something about the Olde Tales that resonates with me.

Welcome aboard!  I agree that the style and flavor of the game reflects the "old ways".

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

5/17/2017 6:33 am  #339

Welcome foxroe and Snaps (JT)! Let us know if we can help with anything.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

5/17/2017 7:30 am  #340

Welcome to the madhouse.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.