!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/28/2017 1:02 pm  #161

Re: Gary Con IX (2017)

And here's a pic of Chainsaw from Manny. Peter wanted me to point out that Chainsaw cheaped out on a Bronze badge and had to do the whole con in black and white!

3/28/2017 1:32 pm  #162

Hahaha! Hard at work for the good of Gary Con! 

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

3/28/2017 1:50 pm  #163

Another highlight for us was having almost our entire group around the table for Mabon's "A Night at the Ptarmigan," which features his Wayne's World-style cut-to-memory-sequence sound effects! You're a definite favorite of everyone we've brought to GaryCon, Mabon!

3/28/2017 2:20 pm  #164

Handy Haversack wrote:

Another highlight for us was having almost our entire group around the table for Mabon's "A Night at the Ptarmigan," which features his Wayne's World-style cut-to-memory-sequence sound effects! You're a definite favorite of everyone we've brought to GaryCon, Mabon!

I figured that would be the universal scene change sound effect!  Lot's of fun that one was!

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

3/28/2017 7:32 pm  #165

Howdy, folks!  I thought I'd spend my first post on this forum raving about the great time I had at Gary Con playing AS&SH!  5 different GMs, 5 great games.  After playing in one of Jeff's games last year, I was really glad to get into his Saturday night game, and Morgan's (mostly) Hyperborean character games was also terrific and fun.  (I loved the look on the other player's faces when my character ratted them out to the High Priest!  Sorry fellas--"absolute devotion to the cause" doesn't leave much wiggle room....)  I'm already looking forward to next year (and to catching Morgan's Ptarmigan adventure at Origins)--and to finally getting to run the game with my own group.

3/28/2017 7:42 pm  #166

Handy Haversack wrote:

And here's a pic of Chainsaw from Manny. Peter wanted me to point out that Chainsaw cheaped out on a Bronze badge and had to do the whole con in black and white!

I call shenanigans!  A coffee cup?

While in my soul forever

3/28/2017 7:46 pm  #167

Zorman wrote:

Howdy, folks!  I thought I'd spend my first post on this forum raving about the great time I had at Gary Con playing AS&SH!  5 different GMs, 5 great games.  After playing in one of Jeff's games last year, I was really glad to get into his Saturday night game, and Morgan's (mostly) Hyperborean character games was also terrific and fun.  (I loved the look on the other player's faces when my character ratted them out to the High Priest!  Sorry fellas--"absolute devotion to the cause" doesn't leave much wiggle room....)  I'm already looking forward to next year (and to catching Morgan's Ptarmigan adventure at Origins)--and to finally getting to run the game with my own group.

That was an awesome point in the game! I look forward to seeing you at Origins.

While in my soul forever

3/28/2017 7:59 pm  #168

mabon5127 wrote:

Zorman wrote:

That was a great game!  Glad I finally got to play one your games mabon and my fellow players in that particular game were some of the most entertaining of the whole convention.  It really did take the wind out of our scheming sails when you ratted us out Zorman - well done!

3/28/2017 8:05 pm  #169

@Zorman - Welcome to the forum - Gary Con's such a great place for Hyperborea games. 

mabon5127 wrote:

Haha! Yes, well... it happens! I love coffee!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

3/28/2017 8:10 pm  #170

Mad props on running 7 games! And thanks for all the pics Chainsaw. Looks like a blast 

I filled my palace with deadly traps so trap admirers will come and visit me

AFS magazine - pulp literature meets old school gaming http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/

3/28/2017 8:12 pm  #171

lige wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

Zorman wrote:

That was a great game!  Glad I finally got to play one your games mabon and my fellow players in that particular game were some of the most entertaining of the whole convention.  It really did take the wind out of our scheming sails when you ratted us out Zorman - well done!

Thanks Lige!  One of the problems with running is not being able to catch many ASSH games to play in!!

While in my soul forever

3/28/2017 10:08 pm  #172

Best con I've ever attended!
I remember us all giving Huzzah to the whole Hyperborean crew and community for their awesomeness!

HUZZAH!!!

...before fatidic silver pools on a auspicious night stood a Hyperborean Xathoqquan priestess; stripping naked like a beast crawling in on all fours in supplication...

3/29/2017 5:55 am  #173

mabon5127 wrote:

Handy Haversack wrote:

I've noted in the past that chainsaw maintains a careful balance of caffeine and alcohol; real food optional. ;)

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

3/29/2017 7:53 am  #174

mabon5127 wrote:

I figured that would be the universal scene change sound effect!  

It is now!

3/29/2017 8:54 am  #175

Garycon IX was definitely the highlight of my year, and lots of much-needed gaming...Need to get into another one of Jeff's games next year, but Eli, Morgan and Chainsaw ran amazing games that I had the pleasure of taking part in. 

3/29/2017 9:36 am  #176

Monkeydono wrote:

Best con I've ever attended!
I remember us all giving Huzzah to the whole Hyperborean crew and community for their awesomeness!

HUZZAH!!!

You said it, Monkey!

Zorman wrote:

Welcome to the boards, Zorman! Jeff's Saturday game was fun, though in my home game we have a simple rule: If the NPCs want to be rescued, they need to cover themselves in gems and magic items. Otherwise, you're scenery, pal! But it sure was fun to unleash some righteous revenge on those snake-men!

3/29/2017 10:29 am  #177

I wanted to drop a thank you to those who ran games I was able to get into. 

Rex: Yet again, you run a fun, fun game. I hope to play my berserker again next year and do more crazy stuff with that earthquake axe!

Morgan: Your Ptarmigan game was really cool. Being a Lost fan, the flashbacks were awesome and it's given me a great idea for my campaign. I've been trying to get into your games for several years and you didn't disappoint!

Donovan: Foolsgrave was a blast as well. Between killing the mini-Death Star, surviving the exploding chests and the Quintessons, it was an awesome game. 

Thanks again gentlemen for the hard work and prep you've put into your games. The 13 or so hours playing AS&SH were the highlight of Gary Con for me. 

3/29/2017 10:43 am  #178

Brooklyn.Bookworm wrote:

Garycon IX was definitely the highlight of my year, and lots of much-needed gaming...Need to get into another one of Jeff's games next year, but Eli, Morgan and Chainsaw ran amazing games that I had the pleasure of taking part in. 

Thanks for the kind words!

While in my soul forever

3/29/2017 10:44 am  #179

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

I wanted to drop a thank you to those who ran games I was able to get into. 

Rex: Yet again, you run a fun, fun game. I hope to play my berserker again next year and do more crazy stuff with that earthquake axe!

Morgan: Your Ptarmigan game was really cool. Being a Lost fan, the flashbacks were awesome and it's given me a great idea for my campaign. I've been trying to get into your games for several years and you didn't disappoint!

Donovan: Foolsgrave was a blast as well. Between killing the mini-Death Star, surviving the exploding chests and the Quintessons, it was an awesome game. 

Thanks again gentlemen for the hard work and prep you've put into your games. The 13 or so hours playing AS&SH were the highlight of Gary Con for me. 

Thank-you good sir!

While in my soul forever

3/29/2017 11:36 am  #180

Good times had by all. Chainsaw's Crash at Corpse Creek was terrific. I especially enjoyed Chainsaw's matter-of-fact handling of the narrative, even in light of the story line going completely sideways. 

Well done.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.