!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/02/2023 6:42 pm  #5521

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Ignoring the biting cold, the pair move over to the charred out doorway and are surprised to see a man wearing heavy winter furs standing in a pair of open double doors across the forty foot room.

[Votin, Tillak, and Malak roll initiative.]

2/03/2023 8:11 am  #5522

[1d6]=4

[OOC: sorry lots of overtime ]

Last edited by bald_headed_yeti (2/03/2023 8:13 am)

2/03/2023 9:42 am  #5523

1d6: 1!

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

2/07/2023 1:56 am  #5524

2/07/2023 9:36 am  #5525

Malak has the initiative. The 2 exhausted men present themselves in the charred out doorway. Their armor is covered in soot and grime, but they wear little insulation beneath, and no coats or caps. In the split second before Malak acts, he wonders how it is even possible they survive these first days of NIGHTFALL so unclad. And as the waning rays of the low sick Helios set behind him giving way to the steady fall of sleet   - he knows they will not survive this frigid night without warmth.

What does Malak do?

2/08/2023 2:18 am  #5526

"Lo, Adventurers! What brings you to this frigid place?"

2/08/2023 11:34 pm  #5527

Votin raises his shield and axe, warily he answers,

"What ho? We were not expecting man, just beasts...

Traveler, how do you make your way here? In the wilderness?"

2/09/2023 12:56 am  #5528

"Man, not beast, nor foe!" I come from the cold to find warmth. Let us start a fire?"
Malak points to the rubble/wood with his lit torch.

2/10/2023 2:05 pm  #5529

"Yes, this place is frigid and filled with wretchedness." Tillak assists with the building of the fire.

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

2/10/2023 9:48 pm  #5530

Votin nods his head in agreement, "Aye, we must band together to survive this.

Would ye have a name traveler?

It's not fitting that men that share a campsite be strangers.

I an Votin of the Wolf Clan and my companion is Tilliak."

2/13/2023 5:48 am  #5531

My name is Malak.

2/13/2023 5:53 am  #5532

After the fire gets going, I open my backpack and offer 2 rations. I sit down by the fire and eat my fill.

2/13/2023 6:07 pm  #5533

Votin appreciates the fire and rations passing one to Tilliak while warming himself,

"Perhaps we should make sure this area is safe, the fire may attract unwanted company."

Votin moves around the inner areas to make sure all is secure and looks for a way to fortify in case of attack.

2/13/2023 7:38 pm  #5534

This place is in bad shape! At least I find comfort in this dried meat.

Last edited by achiriaco (2/13/2023 7:39 pm)

2/14/2023 6:43 am  #5535

Tillak accepts the meat. "How long have you been here, brother? What brings you to this place?

2/16/2023 12:53 am  #5536

I am looking for a friend. Lost in this land. I fear I will never find him.

2/16/2023 7:54 pm  #5537

"I share a similar quest, my [insert forgotten relative here] was kidnapped by feral beastmen."

2/17/2023 5:56 am  #5538

"Neuther of you were sent by the wretched priest then? It matters not. I will aid you both in your respective quests."

2/17/2023 11:32 am  #5539

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Votin appreciates the fire and rations passing one to Tilliak while warming himself,

"Perhaps we should make sure this area is safe, the fire may attract unwanted company."

Votin moves around the inner areas to make sure all is secure and looks for a way to fortify in case of attack.

The snow flurries thicken, falling through the burned out roof. Sizzling as they hit the warming flames.

As the men gathered at the fire between the rows of wooden pews and the raised dais talk, Votin considers what to first explore:  The melted golden harp in the corner, the reams of sodden papers littered about, the wooden pews, the raised dais, outside the double doors?

2/17/2023 11:39 am  #5540

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

"I share a similar quest, my [insert forgotten relative here] was kidnapped by feral beastmen."

"Your nomad family went out hunting/gathering 12 years ago and never returned.

The elders left in charge died soon after. 

Your sisters were recently taken by talking beastmen in the night.

You have tracked them for 6 months. 

The path has led to this ridge.

You hear sounds of skirmish over the crest."

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.