Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/30/2021 6:46 pm  #4841


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

Kondor reaches the stream and from here can make out the shapes of the figures on the hill, it's the cleric and the barbarian with the viking looming over them with her familiar spear.

Are the cleric and barbarian sleeping, or do they look like they were just speared to death?

And while following the foot prints, were they walking together or apart?

 

12/01/2021 8:41 am  #4842


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

Kondor reaches the stream and from here can make out the shapes of the figures on the hill, it's the cleric and the barbarian with the viking looming over them with her familiar spear.

Are the cleric and barbarian sleeping, or do they look like they were just speared to death?

And while following the foot prints, were they walking together or apart?

The cleric and the barbarian are sitting up.
The lone footprints were made by a female, probably viking.


 
     Thread Starter
 

12/01/2021 1:43 pm  #4843


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

Kondor reaches the stream and from here can make out the shapes of the figures on the hill, it's the cleric and the barbarian with the viking looming over them with her familiar spear.

Are the cleric and barbarian sleeping, or do they look like they were just speared to death?

And while following the foot prints, were they walking together or apart?

The cleric and the barbarian are sitting up.
The lone footprints were made by a female, probably viking.

Ah, but is the spear pointed towards the resting cleric and barbarian, or is she pointing it in a different direction or otherwise non-threatening manner so far as they're concerned?

 

12/01/2021 1:47 pm  #4844


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:


Are the cleric and barbarian sleeping, or do they look like they were just speared to death?

And while following the foot prints, were they walking together or apart?

The cleric and the barbarian are sitting up.
The lone footprints were made by a female, probably viking.

Ah, but is the spear pointed towards the resting cleric and barbarian, or is she pointing it in a different direction or otherwise non-threatening manner so far as they're concerned?

At current it is pointed at you.
 


 
     Thread Starter
 

12/02/2021 8:13 am  #4845


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Tillak cries out, "Peace, comrades! We are surrounded on all sides by hostle forces. We must not waste our energy fighting each other!" He looks over at Gu drabu and Votin. "Is the brave warrior alive?! Did you work a miracle in reviving him?"



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

12/02/2021 8:18 am  #4846


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

To Kondor Tillak says, "The huntsman says that she knocked you jnconcious because you moved when she told you not to. She bears you or us no ill will."



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

12/04/2021 7:13 pm  #4847


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

SullyB74 wrote:

"Peace, comrades! We are surrounded on all sides by hostle forces. We must not waste our energy fighting each other!" He looks over at Gu drabu and Votin. "Is the brave warrior alive?! Did you work a miracle in reviving him?"

Sigrun turned to face the voice, seeing the two shadows approaching. She recognized Tillak’s voice, and grew wary at the one he had called Kondor.  Would he come vengeful, seeking revenge, or peacefully? She held her spear ready but relaxed her posture.

“Come in peace, then,” Sigrun replied, her hard eyes on Kondor. “He is alive, but barely. No miracle was ever worked by my hand. That is up to the gods.”
 



  • “He said it aloud, in a great ringing voice. Yuth-Kaathak ngom’m! Ygar naa Ithorthak! Sh’ayaa Ubb nagarr’nya Ib! Ib-nya gryalak!”
  • ― Lin Carter, The Flame of Iridar
 

12/04/2021 9:38 pm  #4848


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Crawdad wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

"Peace, comrades! We are surrounded on all sides by hostle forces. We must not waste our energy fighting each other!" He looks over at Gu drabu and Votin. "Is the brave warrior alive?! Did you work a miracle in reviving him?"

Sigrun turned to face the voice, seeing the two shadows approaching. She recognized Tillak’s voice, and grew wary at the one he had called Kondor. Would he come vengeful, seeking revenge, or peacefully? She held her spear ready but relaxed her posture.

“Come in peace, then,” Sigrun replied, her hard eyes on Kondor. “He is alive, but barely. No miracle was ever worked by my hand. That is up to the gods.”
 

[Sigrun roll d12.]


 
     Thread Starter
 

12/04/2021 9:39 pm  #4849


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

[Gundrabu roll d12.]


 
     Thread Starter
 

12/05/2021 12:23 pm  #4850


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Not to interject, but Tillak makes a point to slide close to Kondor and whisper in his ear, "Peace, brother. I think that you and the hunstwoman clashed out of a misunderstanding. We'll be better able to survive this wilderness if we have are united. I have wandered these plains and hills as a child and it was inly through Yath'aqua's grace that I survived." Tillak speaks again, louder so that Sigurn can hear him: "Peace, sister. We mean you no harm. Mayhaps we can make camp, here. There is running water nearby, and we must rest. Also, there are wounded among our number who must recover from our injuries. You and I are relatively unscathed, so we can stand guard over the others."   

Last edited by SullyB74 (12/05/2021 1:46 pm)



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

12/05/2021 2:43 pm  #4851


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

1d12: 4



  • “He said it aloud, in a great ringing voice. Yuth-Kaathak ngom’m! Ygar naa Ithorthak! Sh’ayaa Ubb nagarr’nya Ib! Ib-nya gryalak!”
  • ― Lin Carter, The Flame of Iridar
 

12/05/2021 9:56 pm  #4852


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

[ooc: If Votin is able he will eat rations also, if they left him any...]

 

12/06/2021 3:27 pm  #4853


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

[ooc: If Votin is able he will eat rations also, if they left him any...]

Votin calls out for his food, as he finds his pain still too great to move his arms.


 
     Thread Starter
 

12/06/2021 10:20 pm  #4854


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

SullyB74 wrote:

To Kondor Tillak says, "The huntsman says that she knocked you jnconcious because you moved when she told you not to. She bears you or us no ill will."

Kondor perks an eyebrow at Tillak.  "I recognize no one's right to tell me what to do. Not her, not you, no one. I kneel to no crown, and walk this land as I please. And should someone not wish me to speak, then don't interrupt me when I'm watching a dragon."

Kondor looks to where Gundrabu and Votin are sitting.  Does it look like a campsite?

Kondor scoffs, then speaks to Sigrun - "What is this squatting in the dirt about? You're a hunter, show us to your cabin or cave, and light a fire. Unless the dark of Hyperborea has changed since I last saw the sky, Boreas has no pity on fools who stand about in the open."

The barbarian strolls to the two on the ground, offering to help them to their feet, but he keeps talking to Sigrun. 
"And since you're so eager to have me close my eyes, you can take watch while we sleep," Kondor yawns. "Until I'm rested and fed, huntress, if you knock me with that spear again you'll have to carry me."

Standing up, Kondor is very different from how he looked on the hill top. He is huge, head and shoulders above the stature of normal men - and his shoulders are broad indeed, even for a Kimmerian. When (if?) he helps up the cleric and the newly-healed viking, the effort is slight enough that it is clear Kondor is one of the strongest of mortal men on Hyperborea. 

"Well? Where to now? Those beast men and their master's sorcery are to blame for my lack of boots. We're in sorry state, and can waste no more time."

ooc: back again. Got promotion at work, schedule change, plus distractions. Tired!

 

12/07/2021 8:20 am  #4855


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Tillak realizes that he has spoken out of turn and decides to keep his mouth shut.



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

12/07/2021 8:55 am  #4856


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

To Kondor Tillak says, "The huntsman says that she knocked you jnconcious because you moved when she told you not to. She bears you or us no ill will."

Kondor perks an eyebrow at Tillak.  "I recognize no one's right to tell me what to do. Not her, not you, no one. I kneel to no crown, and walk this land as I please. And should someone not wish me to speak, then don't interrupt me when I'm watching a dragon."

Kondor looks to where Gundrabu and Votin are sitting.  Does it look like a campsite?

Kondor scoffs, then speaks to Sigrun - "What is this squatting in the dirt about? You're a hunter, show us to your cabin or cave, and light a fire. Unless the dark of Hyperborea has changed since I last saw the sky, Boreas has no pity on fools who stand about in the open."

The barbarian strolls to the two on the ground, offering to help them to their feet, but he keeps talking to Sigrun. 
"And since you're so eager to have me close my eyes, you can take watch while we sleep," Kondor yawns. "Until I'm rested and fed, huntress, if you knock me with that spear again you'll have to carry me."

Standing up, Kondor is very different from how he looked on the hill top. He is huge, head and shoulders above the stature of normal men - and his shoulders are broad indeed, even for a Kimmerian. When (if?) he helps up the cleric and the newly-healed viking, the effort is slight enough that it is clear Kondor is one of the strongest of mortal men on Hyperborea. 

"Well? Where to now? Those beast men and their master's sorcery are to blame for my lack of boots. We're in sorry state, and can waste no more time."

ooc: back again. Got promotion at work, schedule change, plus distractions. Tired!

The quiet cleric, the mighty viking and the recently slain barbarian are halfway up the steep north ridge.
Kondor strides across the shallow stream to where they perch (assuming Gundrabu follows) to have this sitrep.
Votin yet whines for his food.
[awaiting Gundrabu d12.]
 


 
     Thread Starter
 

12/07/2021 9:03 am  #4857


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

If there is enough food in my bag, then I share it with Votin, who seems the most in need.



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

12/07/2021 9:07 am  #4858


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

To Kondor Tillak says, "The huntsman says that she knocked you jnconcious because you moved when she told you not to. She bears you or us no ill will."

Kondor perks an eyebrow at Tillak.  "I recognize no one's right to tell me what to do. Not her, not you, no one. I kneel to no crown, and walk this land as I please. And should someone not wish me to speak, then don't interrupt me when I'm watching a dragon."

Kondor looks to where Gundrabu and Votin are sitting.  Does it look like a campsite?

Kondor scoffs, then speaks to Sigrun - "What is this squatting in the dirt about? You're a hunter, show us to your cabin or cave, and light a fire. Unless the dark of Hyperborea has changed since I last saw the sky, Boreas has no pity on fools who stand about in the open."

The barbarian strolls to the two on the ground, offering to help them to their feet, but he keeps talking to Sigrun. 
"And since you're so eager to have me close my eyes, you can take watch while we sleep," Kondor yawns. "Until I'm rested and fed, huntress, if you knock me with that spear again you'll have to carry me."

Standing up, Kondor is very different from how he looked on the hill top. He is huge, head and shoulders above the stature of normal men - and his shoulders are broad indeed, even for a Kimmerian. When (if?) he helps up the cleric and the newly-healed viking, the effort is slight enough that it is clear Kondor is one of the strongest of mortal men on Hyperborea. 

"Well? Where to now? Those beast men and their master's sorcery are to blame for my lack of boots. We're in sorry state, and can waste no more time."

ooc: back again. Got promotion at work, schedule change, plus distractions. Tired!

The quiet cleric, the mighty viking and the recently slain barbarian are halfway up the steep north ridge.
Kondor strides across the shallow stream to where they perch (assuming Gundrabu follows) to have this sitrep.
Votin yet whines for his food.
[awaiting Gundrabu d12.]
 

What about the lanky warlock? 😅



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

12/07/2021 9:10 am  #4859


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

SullyB74 wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:


Kondor perks an eyebrow at Tillak.  "I recognize no one's right to tell me what to do. Not her, not you, no one. I kneel to no crown, and walk this land as I please. And should someone not wish me to speak, then don't interrupt me when I'm watching a dragon."

Kondor looks to where Gundrabu and Votin are sitting.  Does it look like a campsite?

Kondor scoffs, then speaks to Sigrun - "What is this squatting in the dirt about? You're a hunter, show us to your cabin or cave, and light a fire. Unless the dark of Hyperborea has changed since I last saw the sky, Boreas has no pity on fools who stand about in the open."

The barbarian strolls to the two on the ground, offering to help them to their feet, but he keeps talking to Sigrun. 
"And since you're so eager to have me close my eyes, you can take watch while we sleep," Kondor yawns. "Until I'm rested and fed, huntress, if you knock me with that spear again you'll have to carry me."

Standing up, Kondor is very different from how he looked on the hill top. He is huge, head and shoulders above the stature of normal men - and his shoulders are broad indeed, even for a Kimmerian. When (if?) he helps up the cleric and the newly-healed viking, the effort is slight enough that it is clear Kondor is one of the strongest of mortal men on Hyperborea. 

"Well? Where to now? Those beast men and their master's sorcery are to blame for my lack of boots. We're in sorry state, and can waste no more time."

ooc: back again. Got promotion at work, schedule change, plus distractions. Tired!

The quiet cleric, the mighty viking and the recently slain barbarian are halfway up the steep north ridge.
Kondor strides across the shallow stream to where they perch (assuming Gundrabu follows) to have this sitrep.
Votin yet whines for his food.
[awaiting Gundrabu d12.]
 

What about the lanky warlock? 😅

Whoops. Right.  Assuming TILLAK follows Kondor through the shallow stream, not Gundrabu.
Gundrabu eats Votin food up on the ridge.
 


 
     Thread Starter
 

12/07/2021 1:26 pm  #4860


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

What is this squatting in the dirt about? You're a hunter, show us to your cabin or cave, and light a fire

OOC: Good question. Iron Ranger, what does Sigrun have for shelter? Anything permanent?
 



  • “He said it aloud, in a great ringing voice. Yuth-Kaathak ngom’m! Ygar naa Ithorthak! Sh’ayaa Ubb nagarr’nya Ib! Ib-nya gryalak!”
  • ― Lin Carter, The Flame of Iridar
 

Board footera





“HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2022 North Wind Adventures, LLC.