!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/20/2021 8:38 am  #3921

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

The Kraken’s lucky number 8.

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

2/21/2021 8:55 am  #3922

OOC; Tillak chooses 6. 

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

2/21/2021 10:27 am  #3923

Iron Ranger wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

[Tillak will relinquish the use of his lantern to Gundrabu.]

Tillak tests the firmness of the wax with his foot. He looks at his companions.

"Ythaqqa's bones! I have never seen such a thing!"  

The wax holds the Giant Esquimeaux...

Ahead, Gundrabu stares down inside of the fount and Kondor remains on the slab behind you.

2/22/2021 9:55 pm  #3924

Eirvit wrote:

Extremely wise to choose his fave!

2/23/2021 8:48 am  #3925

Iron Ranger wrote:

Eirvit wrote:

Extremely wise to choose his fave!

🐙

2/24/2021 10:10 am  #3926

Sitrep:

Kondor watching Tillak look at Gundrabu peer into fount.....

2/24/2021 10:13 am  #3927

ooc: sorry, been swamped, distracted.

Kondor chooses 6 (bc that's what I rolled).
He is aware of zoning out - likely exhaustion - but a surge of adrenaline and he tries to remain watchful.

2/24/2021 10:19 am  #3928

fireinthedust wrote:

ooc: sorry, been swamped, distracted.

Kondor chooses 6 (bc that's what I rolled).
He is aware of zoning out - likely exhaustion - but a surge of adrenaline and he tries to remain watchful.

[no problem! d100 please.]

2/24/2021 5:02 pm  #3929

d100: 16!

2/24/2021 9:07 pm  #3930

fireinthedust wrote:

Kondor alone notices a white hue shining up from the fount onto Gundrabu's face.

2/25/2021 9:26 am  #3931

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

Kondor alone notices a white hue shining up from the fount onto Gundrabu's face.

"Gundrabu, look!" Kondor points out the glow. "A glowing white hue from the fount!"

ooc:  Yeah! Let's do this!

2/25/2021 11:35 am  #3932

“What? No, the shadows are playing tricks with your mind.”

Still, Gundrabu closes the glands in his palm, to minimize his own light source (or he shutters the lantern—I’m losing track), to see if he can perceive what Kondor describes. As he does so, he says:

“There is a corpse tied, as if in sacrifice or execution, in the bottom of this pit. I want to investigate.”

Releasing the light again, Gundrabu looks for stairs or ladder to descend within. He also wants to determine—make certain, if he can from his height—that the floor below is earth or stone or otherwise looks capable of holding his weight.

2/25/2021 11:38 am  #3933

Eirvit wrote:

“What? No, the shadows are playing tricks with your mind.”

Still, Gundrabu closes the glands in his palm, to minimize his own light source (or he shutters the lantern—I’m losing track), to see if he can perceive what Kondor describes. As he does so, he says:

“There is a corpse tied, as if in sacrifice or execution, in the bottom of this pit. I want to investigate.”

Gundrabu doesn't perceive any hue at all, but is the corpse below swaying slightly or are his eyes playing tricks??

2/25/2021 11:41 am  #3934

Eirvit wrote:

The is no bottom of this pit that Gundrabu can see, in fact, now that he's taking another look, it seems like the corpse is lower than before.

2/25/2021 1:32 pm  #3935

Gundrabu is overcome with awe. He stumbles away from the brink, one hand fumbling for his holy symbol, and looks, his eyes wide with astonishment,  to his companions.

“I — I don’t understand it. It — it’s uncanny below, perhaps even eldritch.”

2/25/2021 5:58 pm  #3936

Tillak tightens his grip on his war pick. 

"Whatever is below, it will feel the bite of my pick!" 

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

2/25/2021 8:22 pm  #3937

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak tightens his grip on his war pick. 

"Whatever is below, it will feel the bite of my pick!" 

Gundrabu doesn't call for your help or reach for his own weapon, he remains staring down into the fount at the corpse he described and fumbling his holy symbol out.

Last edited by Iron Ranger (2/25/2021 8:54 pm)

2/26/2021 11:40 am  #3938

"Gundrabu, you say the body is moving? Get back, then." Kondor touches Gundrabu's shoulder, concerned it's what's causing the cleric to merely fumble with his holy symbol. The barbarian recalls that they never did get the source of the strange voices discerned after the fireball was sent up to it, and that mind effects may be in play here.

2/26/2021 11:50 am  #3939

fireinthedust wrote:

"Gundrabu, you say the body is moving? Get back, then." Kondor touches Gundrabu's shoulder, concerned it's what's causing the cleric to merely fumble with his holy symbol. The barbarian recalls that they never did get the source of the strange voices discerned after the fireball was sent up to it, and that mind effects may be in play here.

Kondor treads across the hardened wax past Tillak, (who stands near but not with the cleric) and joins Gundrabu at the fount. The reassuring hand doesn't perceive flinching or knotted muscles, and Gundrabu is calm. The barbarian does indeed see the pale white hue shining up onto the esquimeaux's face.

2/26/2021 3:14 pm  #3940

Kondor pulls the cleric away from the fount, back towards the doorway.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.